Post International infrastructure projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better live up to it's renders:birdman::mjcry:

Yd951Pe.jpg

Adey-Abeba-Stadium.jpg

PC7zjXO.jpg
What stadium is that???

The thing I admire about the projects in our country compared to a country like Nigeria is that they actually get completed and are most the time a good value for money:damedamn:.
nigeria is corupt as f*ck.
who responds like that. we are not america:chrisfreshhah:

how corrupt is ethiopia btw. is money in the billions concentrated in the hands of the few elite families, how about police do they ask for bribes and are jobs gotten on tribe.

nigeria is corupt as f*ck.
who responds like that. we are not america:chrisfreshhah:

how corrupt is ethiopia btw. is money in the billions concentrated in the hands of the few elite families, how about police do they ask for bribes and are jobs gotten on tribe.
I've seen that:dead:, they make the best comedians though:mjlol:.
And it's not corrupt like Nigeria, but it's not, not corrupt like the Western countries. And no police do not do that, they're more likely to batter you:bell:.

Looks nice, but them Egyptians might bomb it once there water supply runs low, it'll take 10+ yrs to fill that dam up:faysalwtf:

They are not going to bomb it, keep up with the news:icon lol:. I would have believed they would have done that if that Morsi was still president:ivers:.

And nah it doesn't take that long, the river was diverted over a year ago, and it should be operational by mid 2017. Unless African punctuality takes over:damedamn:.

They are not going to bomb it, keep up with the news:icon lol:. I would have believed they would have done that if that Morsi was still president:ivers:.

And nah it doesn't take that long, the river was diverted over a year ago, and it should be operational by mid 2017. Unless African punctuality takes over:damedamn:.
How much did this project cost, was there any alternatives like wind or solar to save the cost, it looks very expensive

Last edited:
How much did this project cost, was there any alternatives like wind or solar to save the cost, it looks very expensive

$6 billion-ish. And nah not an alternative to completely make this investment meaningless. A wind or solar power plant, that will generate as much power as this would take up way too much land.
They recently invested in wind power too anyways, one recently opened in 2015 in Adama:
5ILP9zo.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the dam generates over 40 times more power than the wind farm.

$6 billion-ish. And nah not an alternative to completely make this investment meaningless. A wind or solar power plant, that will generate as much power as this would take up way too much land.
They recently invested in wind power too anyways, one recently opened in 2015 in Adama:
5ILP9zo.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the dam generates over 40 times more power than the wind farm.
I always hear them say they will sell power to neighboring nations. does this mean it meets all of Ethiopia's demand and has some left over(the dam).

I always hear them say they will sell power to neighboring nations. does this mean it meets all of Ethiopia's demand and has some left over(the dam).

They'll be selling electricity yes, and nah it doesn't mean that, but the country itself is the main priority not the countries buying electricity. They say it can power the whole country, but that will require a lot of transmission lines to be made.

And this dam isn't the only one that is being used for electricity. Gibe 3 dam opened early 2017 as well, quite large too:icon lol:
gibe-iii-hydroelectric-project.jpg

They'll be selling electricity yes, and nah it doesn't mean that, but the country itself is the main priority not the countries buying electricity. They say it can power the whole country, but that will require a lot of transmission lines to be made.

And this dam isn't the only one that is being used for electricity. Gibe 3 dam opened early 2017 as well, quite large too:icon lol:
gibe-iii-hydroelectric-project.jpg
i swear china is a great partner. so sad somalis are fighting instead of competing.:francis:

Is there any chance of Somalia ever getting a dam?
Of course we can get dams that can power up the whole country, but it's not worth it for us to invest in such expensive projects.

Ethiopia has well over 100+million ppl, they have to make huge enormous expensive dams for there ppl, they can't use a lot of there lands for solar and wind like we can, we have probably 16million ppl living in Somalia, we just need solar farms and wind farms to power every town, it's way cheaper and easier to build than huge dams.

We still need dams for agricultural and water security tho but it's gonna be way cheaper and easier to maintain than GERD.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Of course we can get dams that can power up the whole country, but it's not worth it for us to invest in such expensive projects.

Ethiopia has well over 100+million ppl, they have to make huge enormous expensive dams for there ppl, they can't use a lot of there lands for solar and wind like we can, we have probably 16million ppl living in Somalia, we just need solar farms and wind farms to power every town, it's way cheaper and easier to build than huge dams.

We still need dams for agricultural and water security tho but it's gonna be way cheaper and easier to maintain than GERD.

Do you happen to know how much it would cost to build a solar panel plant capable of supporting 12 million people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending