Post International infrastructure projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice that everything in the UK revolves around London:lawd:.
But London isn't all that, I get fed up sometimes. At least I'm from the West part:ohhhdamn::pachah1:.

But I agree with you. This county is in bad need of economic (and perhaps political) decentralisation especially after post-brexit.

Yes London has been a city of trade and power since Roman times and it should continue to be a seat of politics and finance.

However, why do major emerging industries like IT and fintec have to have their main base in London?

Surely the physical infrastructural (correct me if I'm wrong) requirement is less important to organisations which work in the stated sectors as they can suffice with a decent internet connection which, for the most part, can be installed anywhere.

London is like new york, Washington and California put together. Finance, politics and tech all rolled into some monstrosity.:susp:

That works well for me...:siilaanyolaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
However, why do major emerging industries like IT and fintec have to have their main base in London?

Surely the physical infrastructural (correct me if I'm wrong) requirement is less important to organisations which work in the stated sectors as they can suffice with a decent internet connection which, for the most part, can be installed anywhere.

It's the CBD I guess, I wouldn't mind living in Canary Wharf though:lolbron:

Soon:rejoice:

55a62c6cd8526.jpg

Is that a turk in somalia?
No
Looks like Ethiopia here but the kid looks Somali.

Hey Mr. funny name, can you confirm which region and what they're building? Thanks.
Yeah it is and the kids Afar,
And lol funny name, the image with the kid is in the Afar region I think and the rest is either Afar or the Amhara region.

This is one of the sections of the Awash->Mekelle railway. Turks are contracted in the Awash->Weldiya section, and the Chinese are the second section.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No

Yeah it is and the kids Afar,
And lol funny name, the image with the kid is in the Afar region I think and the rest is either Afar or the Amhara region.

This is one of the sections of the Awash->Mekelle railway. Turks are contracted in the Awash->Weldiya section, and the Chinese are the second section.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seems to be a decent upgrade:ehh:

Also judging by the pylons beside the future track, it seems it may be electrified which despite being expensive initially for a developing country, makes perfect sense for a mountainous nation where continuous torque from electric motors helps big time.

The only problem is that none of the proposed extensions will run into the Somali region. Seeing as how Ethiopia is an important stakeholder in regards to Berbera port, it would've made sense to extend the line to Jijiga and halt it there till developments in Berbera/SL kick off and then extend it to Berbera via wajaale.

Status
Not open for further replies.