Post International infrastructure projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a decent upgrade:ehh:

Also judging by the pylons beside the future track, it seems it may be electrified which despite being expensive initially for a developing country, makes perfect sense for a mountainous nation where continuous torque from electric motors helps big time.

The only problem is that none of the proposed extensions will run into the Somali region. Seeing as how Ethiopia is an important stakeholder in regards to Berbera port, it would've made sense to extend the line to Jijiga and halt it there till developments in Berbera/SL kick off and then extend it to Berbera via wajaale.

Yeah it's okay, but I think the Chinese are definitely much better than the Turks. I don't see much skill transfer going on going by the pictures they are posting, but maybe they are and just not taking a picture of it.
And the Addis->Djibouti railway goes through a part of the Somali region, but yeah that's it.

Final renders
Should be done by mid-2017:rejoice:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4.png

ges_velykaya_plotyna_efyopskogo_vozrozhdenyya_3d_2.png

No

Yeah it is and the kids Afar,
And lol funny name, the image with the kid is in the Afar region I think and the rest is either Afar or the Amhara region.

This is one of the sections of the Awash->Mekelle railway. Turks are contracted in the Awash->Weldiya section, and the Chinese are the second section.
somali region totally bypassed in this map. even the capital don't get a connection.:dwill:

somali region totally bypassed in this map. even the capital don't get a connection.:dwill:

It does have 1 or 2 stops in the Somali region (Addis-Djibouti line). They will probably add it sooner or later, I don't know any updates as of today.

And I know where your display pics from:siilaanyosmile:.

Last edited:
great project, who is building it and how much is it costing
It was contracted to an Italian company, forgot the name of it and it costs around 6.5billion dollars. I see some skill transfer happening with this project unlike the Turks:ummhmm:.

Too bad Egypt will bomb it
Look at this salty person:ohhhdamn:. You think bombing the dam will do Egypt any good? That will damage the flow even more and ever heard of cooperation?:mjlol: Start getting used to it.

Look at this salty person:ohhhdamn:. You think bombing the dam will do Egypt any good? That will damage the flow even more and ever heard of cooperation?:mjlol: Start getting used to it.
Lmao is salty the only word you use? Besides, my bf it happy with the project and if he's happy then i'm happy.

I'm only shedding some reality. Egyptians are very angry with the dam and when they say cooperation they really mean canceling the project which is too late.

Lmao is salty the only word you use? Besides, my bf it happy with the project and if he's happy then i'm happy.

I'm only shedding some reality. Egyptians are very angry with the dam and when they say cooperation they really mean canceling the project which is too late.
The Sudanese aren't exactly in danger so he wouldn't be unhappy anyways.....
How else can I describe that sort of nonsense^^^:wtfdis: Maybe childish, negative, evil etc.

And lol reality. You need to catch up with the news, this is not 2013 GERD announcement days. They know they have to come to agreements now, even you said it's too late^. And you must be crazy if you think Egypt will start an international conflict, a country that has just recovered from political instability. Especially bombing one.

It's too late now, ain't nothing getting cancelled, they know they need to corporate and make use of this dam. The controllable waters will do them good in the long run, the citizens were in fear over meaningless, dramatic headlines in the news back then.

The Sudanese aren't exactly in danger so he wouldn't be unhappy anyways.....
How else can I describe that sort of nonsense^^^:wtfdis: Maybe childish, negative, evil etc.

And lol reality. You need to catch up with the news, this is not 2013 GERD announcement days. They know they have to come to agreements now, even you said it's too late^. And you must be crazy if you think Egypt will start an international conflict, a country that has just recovered from political instability. Especially bombing one.

It's too late now, ain't nothing getting cancelled, they know they need to corporate and make use of this dam. The controllable waters will do them good in the long run, the citizens were in fear over meaningless, dramatic headlines in the news back then.
Exactly... That's why I have nothing against the project. You're getting very emotional right now.

Do you know any Egyptians? :pachah1: They're still very angry with the project and writing crazy terrorist shit on twitter and facebook. Even the western ones living in the diaspora are cranking up the anti-African sentiment over this project. Egypt is a desert country, much dryer than Sudan with a much larger population so of course they'd be more paranoid. Dropping a bomb on a decent sized project would be easier for them than risking their livelihood.

Exactly... That's why I have nothing against the project. You're getting very emotional right now.

Do you know any Egyptians? :pachah1: They're still very angry with the project and writing crazy terrorist shit on twitter and facebook. Even the western ones living in the diaspora are cranking up the anti-African sentiment over this project. Egypt is a desert country, much dryer than Sudan with a much larger population so of course they'd be more paranoid. Dropping a bomb on a decent sized project would be easier for them than risking their livelihood.

I do and I have been there too. They are not as lunatic as the media presents them.:bell:
And wow Twitter and Facebook. The ultimate habitat for political diaspora and internet warriors. Pretty much every country is like this in Africa, Facebook is their second government house.:drakekidding::dead:

And I am aware it's a desert country, but since when have we been water heaven?:deadosama:

No

Yeah it is and the kids Afar,
And lol funny name, the image with the kid is in the Afar region I think and the rest is either Afar or the Amhara region.

This is one of the sections of the Awash->Mekelle railway. Turks are contracted in the Awash->Weldiya section, and the Chinese are the second section.

Nothing in Ogaden. :farole:

I do and I have been there too. They are not as lunatic as the media presents them.:bell:
And wow Twitter and Facebook. The ultimate habitat for political diaspora and internet warriors. Pretty much every country is like this in Africa, Facebook is their second government house.:drakekidding::dead:

And I am aware it's a desert country, but since when have we been water heaven?:deadosama:
Even the civilized ones have cuqdad over the dam.

You guys have always had water issues (hence the dam) but Ethiopia has extremely fertile land which will always be used against you when dryer countries to the Northwest of you are more prosperous.

Nothing in Ogaden. :farole:

Apart from Jigjiga, where would a railway go and stop in the Somali region:ayaanswag:. If it continued into Somalia then I'd see the point of it, but I don't see the point in a terminus being in a small village.
And they all actually head into different countries if you noticed on the map, but you know what will happen if we head East:dead:.

Even the civilized ones have cuqdad over the dam.

You guys have always had water issues (hence the dam) but Ethiopia has extremely fertile land which will always be used against you when dryer countries to the Northwest of you are more prosperous.

This dam actually isn't in regards to water issues but for electricity, it's being sold to many countries too, including Egypt, if they go by their word.
So yeah there is fertile land but that doesn't help with electricity and power.

This dam actually isn't in regards to water issues but for electricity, it's being sold to many countries too, including Egypt, if they go by their word.
So yeah there is fertile land but that doesn't help with electricity and power.
No irrigation? :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts