Post International infrastructure projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does have 1 or 2 stops in the Somali region (Addis-Djibouti line). They will probably add it sooner or later, I don't know any updates as of today.

And I know where your display pics from:siilaanyosmile:.
bro look at the map again. only hub is dire dawa, a disputed town. mekele with same approximate population is connected, Gondor is connected, even bedele the naked people land is connected but not jigjiga or most of the ogaden.

i dont even know where i got it from i just copied and pasted. its good art work though

bro look at the map again. only hub is dire dawa, a disputed town. mekele with same approximate population is connected, Gondor is connected, even bedele the naked people land is connected but not jigjiga or most of the ogaden.

i dont even know where i got it from i just copied and pasted. its good art work though

Nazret or Mekelle are probably the biggest cities in population by now. Dire Dawa's population stats have always been a bit off. And I mentioned above to another user why it would be pointless going Eastwards^. Unless Somalia is connected, there is no point in making a terminus at a village with population 1000.
Also, places like Bedele and rural parts of each region are only connected because the plan is to extend into the neighbouring countries, which are all doing their own share of the railway system now.:icon lol:

And here's where the picture is from, I thought you could tell by the large eyes (our traditional paintings) in the picture:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nazret or Mekelle are probably the biggest cities in population by now. Dire Dawa's population stats have always been a bit off. And I mentioned above to another user why it would be pointless going Eastwards^. Unless Somalia is connected, there is no point in making a terminus at a village with population 1000.
Also, places like Bedele and rural parts of each region are only connected because the plan is to extend into the neighbouring countries, which are all doing their own share of the railway system now.:icon lol:

And here's where the picture is from, I thought you could tell by the large eyes (our traditional paintings) in the picture:
Lmao you're always online

why didn't they just extend to jigjiga from dire?

they got every other dance but for the somali they were like just do random shit:chrisfreshhah:

Apart from Jigjiga, where would a railway go and stop in the Somali region:ayaanswag:. If it continued into Somalia then I'd see the point of it, but I don't see the point in a terminus being in a small village.
And they all actually head into different countries if you noticed on the map, but you know what will happen if we head East:dead:.

But that's not how it works.

Time and time again since the introduction of railways in early 19th century, railways have always spured massive growth both locally and nationally.

You live in London like me but did you know that prior to the railways, much of present day london outside the city, east and west ends were just open spaces of commons, farmland and the odd villages?

Hell as recently as the early 20th century, large urban centers in London such as Edgware was just empty fields with a tiny hamlet till the tube station was built.

But that's not how it works.

Time and time again since the introduction of railways in early 19th century, railways have always spured massive growth both locally and nationally.

You live in London like me but did you know that prior to the railways, much of present day london outside the city, east and west ends were just open spaces of commons, farmland and the odd villages?

Hell as recently as the early 20th century, large urban centers in London such as Edgware was just empty fields with a tiny hamlet till the tube station was built.

Yes but I'm just talking about a railways terminus. The ones in the UK generally connected larger towns and cities and went through the rural parts like you mentioned.
Jigjiga as far as I know is the only very large town in the region, they can extend it to Kebri Dehar or Godey if they want, but I doubt they will. It's not feasible unless it ends in some larger town in Somalia, which I doubt they will ever consider.

"Success" in the grand scheme of things is a very subjective word.
"Better than Somalia" isn't much to be proud of, although there is a lot of development going on there :bell:

We will catch up at some point :birdman:

The thing I admire about the projects in our country compared to a country like Nigeria is that they actually get completed and are most the time a good value for money:damedamn:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending