PM Imran Khan Has Been REMOVED From Office

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I never downplayed anything they do. Your projecting that on me lol

All I said was they are not worse than the Americans with their history of invasions that I used Iraq as an example.

Pretty simple really.

You called it “drug dealing” like a kid selling weed in a park.

Don’t you live in America? Can’t you already see what opioids do first hand?

Now imagine actual heroin and meth in poorer countries. Families starving because their only breadwinner lost his life to meth or heroin.

You called it “drug dealing” like a kid selling weed in a park.

Don’t you live in America? Can’t you already see what opioids do first hand?

Now imagine actual heroin in poorer countries.
I called it what it was. It's drug dealing! Are you now trying to argue semantics? :what:

No one points a gun to someone head to take drugs. Its a free will thing. Much different to getting invaded and getting the shit blown out of you and your family.

Since we're talking drugs, I'm of the opinion that it should be legalized and regulated.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I called it what it was. It's drug dealing! Are you now trying to argue semantics? :what:

No one points a gun to someone head to take drugs. Its a free will thing. Much different to getting invaded and getting the shit blown out of you and your family.

Since we're talking drugs, I'm of the opinion that it should be legalized and regulated.

Maybe drugs should be legalised. Because if it were a few decades ago, we wouldn’t have the Taliban.

But seriously, I have always been of the opinion (even before I knew the Taliban sold drugs) that drug trafficking is pure evil.

Especially those that sell methamphetamines and opioids. I consider them to occupy a special rung in hell.

Maybe drugs should be legalised. Because if it were a few decades ago, we wouldn’t have the Taliban.

But seriously, I have always been of the opinion (even before I knew the Taliban sold drugs) that drug trafficking is pure evil.

Especially those that sell methamphetamines and opioids. I consider them to occupy a special rung in hell.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, considering they preach Islam and most of their supporters use Islam in their arguments, I’m pretty sure from an islamic perspective, each person that dies from drugs you peddled is as if you killed them.

Islam is a religion that practices cumulative actions. If you help build a masjid, you’re responsible for all good that comes out of it.

If you sell drugs, you’re responsible for everything that happens out of it.

I’m just using the parameters used by Taliban supporters in their arguments.
It is your boss that deals in drug trafficking and not the Taliban more western propaganda, whenever they are in control they ban it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is your boss that deals in drug trafficking and not the Taliban more western propaganda, whenever they are in control they ban it.

It has been proven that the Taliban stop production of heroin during financial difficulty to mark up prices of heroin they already have stockpiled. It’s called supply and demand.

Even the taliban admit that they sell drugs.

Only you would say the Taliban don’t sell drugs when even they admit it.

:mjlol: :russ: :drakekidding:

His entire argument for saying Taliban whom are Afghan people as it is their country, are worse than the US is based on a lie about drugs that the US he is defending trade in and Taliban bans. Not to mention the hundreds of million of people who have been killed and continue to be by the US through invasion, proxies, sanctions etc.

Periplus is a western propagandist that is his job here.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
His entire argument for saying Taliban whom are Afghan people as it is their country, are worse than the US is based on a lie about drugs that the US he is defending trade in and Taliban bans. Not to mention the hundreds of million of people who have been killed and continue to be by the US through invasion, proxies, sanctions etc.

Periplus is a western propagandist that is his job here.

Taliban: We sell drugs to raise money for our conflict.

@AMusee : This is Western propaganda and a lie.

Dude you’re fasting for Ramadan, don’t you have any shame? Even the Taliban admit that they sell drugs.

Who are you going to defend next? Pablo Escobar?

“He was just a businessman from Medellin. The US propaganda tells you he was a drug trafficker but the kids loved him.”

:draketf:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@AMusee

I can do propaganda for Russia, if you want. How much do these neo-Pravda organisations pay btw?

Must be a lot for you to be bold faced lying during Ramadan.

Who are you going to defend next? Pablo Escobar?

“He was just a businessman from Medellin. The US propaganda tells you he was a drug trafficker but the kids loved him.”

:draketf:

You've already used this line and it doesn't really hold up.

A more accurate comparison would be FARC. There's a difference between Pablo Escobar, Los Zetas, El Chapo, for example and a group like the FARC.

The FARC are an insurgent group who (allegedly- and it's probably true) sell cocaine to fund their insurgency. They're Marxist guerrillas fighting the Colombian government who (allegedly) just happen to sell cocaine for funding.

Pablo Escobar, Los Zetas, El Chapo- they're not really some sort of political thing. It's not that they're part of some sort of cause. They just sell (or sold) drugs to sell drugs.

It would be more accurate to compare the Taliban with a group like FARC or the so-called "Hezbollah" than Pablo Escobar. Their aim isn't to become drug kingpins just to become drug kingpins- they were involved in order to fund a war to free their country from foreign occupation.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You've already used this line and it doesn't really hold up.

A more accurate comparison would be FARC. There's a difference between Pablo Escobar, Los Zetas, El Chapo, for example and a group like the FARC.

The FARC are an insurgent group who (allegedly- and it's probably true) sell cocaine to fund their insurgency. They're Marxist guerrillas fighting the Colombian government who (allegedly) just happen to sell cocaine for funding.

Pablo Escobar, Los Zetas, El Chapo- they're not really some sort of political thing. It's not that they're part of some sort of cause. They just sell (or sold) drugs to sell drugs.

It would be more accurate to compare the Taliban with a group like FARC or the so-called "Hezbollah" than Pablo Escobar. Their aim isn't to become drug kingpins just to become drug kingpins- they were involved in order to fund a war to free their country from foreign occupation.

It was a joke more than an actual point.

But you are right, I’ll give you that one.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
they took kandahar and then won the civil war. with or without heroin they would exist and win the civil war of the 90s.

Possibly true. I feel like they would’ve run out of steam at one point if they didn’t have drug money fueling them.

Taliban bans cultivation of opium, other narcotics

The prohibition comes after years of a narcotics cultivation economy that was built and protected by the US military and the CIA

https://media.thecradle.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Defense.gov_News_Photo_110409-M-5160M-264_-_U.S._Marine_Corps_Cpl._Mark_Hickok_patrols_through_a_field_during_a_clearing_mission_in_Marja_in_Afghanistan_s_Helmand_province_on_April_9_2011-1200x675.jpg

The Taliban has issued a ban on the cultivation of narcotics, including opium, in Afghanistan.

The office of Taliban leader Haibatullah Akhundzada stated on 3 April that, in accordance with the decree of the supreme leader of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, the cultivation of poppy would be strictly prohibited across the country.

All aspects of cultivation, including trade, import, and export of narcotics, such as opium, hashish, and others are included in the ban.

The order further stated that crops will be destroyed and violators would be treated in accordance with Sharia law.

Islamic law prohibits all intoxicating substances, including alcohol. The only exception is for medical use when prescribed by a doctor.

A well-managed regulatory system to keep medical cultivation and use separate from illicit cultivation and recreational use and sales requires a level of stability within the government, police, and military, which is absent from the current socio-political reality in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan was once the largest opium producer in the world.

A 2021 UN study revealed that Afghanistan produced 85 percent of the world’s opium and that 80 percent of all opiate users in the world used drugs made from Afghan poppies.

The previous Taliban government issued a similar ban in the year 2000, and witnessed a dramatic drop in opium cultivation as a result.

However, following the US invasion of Afghanistan in late 2001, the production level rose to record highs.

Direct evidence implicates the US military and the CIA in the protection and support of the opium farming industry in Afghanistan.

A 25 June 2021 investigation by Mint Press News looked into how the continuous involvement of the US in Afghanistan, from the 1980s to the US occupation post-2001, allowed the CIA to turn the war-torn central Asian nation into a veritable narco-state.

“With the start of the CIA secret war, opium production along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border surged and refineries soon dotted the landscape. Trucks loaded with US taxpayer-funded weapons would travel from Pakistan into its neighbor to the west, returning filled to the brim with opium for the new refineries, their deadly product ending up on streets worldwide.”

Many US soldiers became disillusioned over the risks they were taking to defend the agricultural sources of the illicit drug trade.

Since the Taliban victory against the US-backed Afghan army last August, Afghanistan has been mired in a humanitarian crisis as a result of a western economic blockade that has denied the country access to its own foreign reserves.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Taliban bans cultivation of opium, other narcotics

The prohibition comes after years of a narcotics cultivation economy that was built and protected by the US military and the CIA

https://media.thecradle.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Defense.gov_News_Photo_110409-M-5160M-264_-_U.S._Marine_Corps_Cpl._Mark_Hickok_patrols_through_a_field_during_a_clearing_mission_in_Marja_in_Afghanistan_s_Helmand_province_on_April_9_2011-1200x675.jpg

The Taliban has issued a ban on the cultivation of narcotics, including opium, in Afghanistan.

The office of Taliban leader Haibatullah Akhundzada stated on 3 April that, in accordance with the decree of the supreme leader of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, the cultivation of poppy would be strictly prohibited across the country.

All aspects of cultivation, including trade, import, and export of narcotics, such as opium, hashish, and others are included in the ban.

The order further stated that crops will be destroyed and violators would be treated in accordance with Sharia law.

Islamic law prohibits all intoxicating substances, including alcohol. The only exception is for medical use when prescribed by a doctor.

A well-managed regulatory system to keep medical cultivation and use separate from illicit cultivation and recreational use and sales requires a level of stability within the government, police, and military, which is absent from the current socio-political reality in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan was once the largest opium producer in the world.

A 2021 UN study revealed that Afghanistan produced 85 percent of the world’s opium and that 80 percent of all opiate users in the world used drugs made from Afghan poppies.

The previous Taliban government issued a similar ban in the year 2000, and witnessed a dramatic drop in opium cultivation as a result.

However, following the US invasion of Afghanistan in late 2001, the production level rose to record highs.

Direct evidence implicates the US military and the CIA in the protection and support of the opium farming industry in Afghanistan.

A 25 June 2021 investigation by Mint Press News looked into how the continuous involvement of the US in Afghanistan, from the 1980s to the US occupation post-2001, allowed the CIA to turn the war-torn central Asian nation into a veritable narco-state.

Many US soldiers became disillusioned over the risks they were taking to defend the agricultural sources of the illicit drug trade.

Since the Taliban victory against the US-backed Afghan army last August, Afghanistan has been mired in a humanitarian crisis as a result of a western economic blockade that has denied the country access to its own foreign reserves.

Odds on the price of heroin shooting up (pun unintended) because of this ban?

Also odds on the Taliban reversing this ban or outright breaking it during the next few years??

The Taliban has always done this. Claim they banned heroin, prices go up, they sell remaining stock, pocket profits.

:mjlol:

I think we have to bear in mind that... the sharia takes in account a person's circumstances. For example- a starving person doesn't get their hand cut off if they steal a loaf of bread.

I remember I saw a movie when I was younger... I think it was called John Q.

I think it's John Q and the main character is Denzel Washington.

So Denzel Washington if I remember right- he threatens people at gunpoint. I think he takes hostages and everything. He's holding people at gunpoint and it's this big thing. And apparently his son has some sort of medical condition and he's demanding that an operation be performed to save his son's life. So I mean... yeah, he's threatening people at gunpoint but he's trying to get a medical operation to save his son's life. And that's the whole point of the movie, that sort of moral- almost like a paradox.

The Taliban did use drug funding and they also used suicide bombing, both are wrong. But their situation really is like a John Q situation. It doesn't make it right but... it's different if a person stealing a loaf of bread is a desperate person trying to feed his family.

If John Q really did happen in real life and some guy took hostages at gunpoint to demand life-saving surgery for his son.... I don't agree with it but.... if you have a correct sense of justice, you have to feel some amount of leniency towards him because of his situation.

But meanwhile... the US wasn't remotely in that kind of situation. The US had zero justification for what it did. It's clear to any just and reasonable person that the US was morally worse in the situation.

Trending

Latest posts