Phenotypical difference between Somalis? (Pls dont make this into a clanist thing))

Salaam.

How many here read on the website landofpunt.wordpress.com?

I personally think it is a great source of understanding complex genetics but the websites author has a tendency of pretending that somehow there are distinct phenotypical differences between north/east and south somalia (for some reason the author jumps over central somalia and somalia galbeed and doesnt count them in).

From my understanding most somalis south, north, east etc have basically same ancient levels of eurasian/African ancestory with some exception to some of the Sab somalis in the south that have absorbed minority communities of both African and non-african descent. What are yout thoughts?

I am myself from Central Somalia (Hiiraan) and have traveled both South and North and I have genuinely, when it comes to the Samaale clans and some of the Sab clans, not seen any real difference between us in terms of phenotype..

Somalis all look the same. The only difference is the climate or diet. Proof of this is all the diaspora kids look identical no matter which qabiil. The slight difference is regional/climate. Minority clans who are mixed with Arabs are very few and most of them look similar to those in their region. It’s like how we can tell a fob from a person born in the west. Region and climate. DNA says we are all isku dad.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
The features are the same for all Somalis, but there is a difference in the muscular structure between farmers, nomads, coastal people, and mountain dwellers

There is no difference, but climate/environment can play a little role in pigmentation instead of phenotype. I went to Somaliland many times, reer berbera city is below sea level and temperatures can reach 45 to 50 degree (dadka xeebta). Reer berbera tend to be darker but for some reason they have higher percentage of timo jelec (soft hair). Reer hargeisa are highlanders they tend to be lighter, i have also seen ogadeen to be very similar as i went to visit relatives in jigjiga, Ciise are similar to reer berbera.

NidarNidar

Punisher
The features are the same for all Somalis, but there is a difference in the muscular structure between farmers, nomads, coastal people, and mountain dwellers
Funny you mention this, I'm the shortest of my brother, I am the oldest, stockist and strongest, my youngest sibling was the tallest and most Somali looking, he looked like the typical camel herder, tall and lanky with sharp fixtures, middle one was almost as tall and tanky somewhere inbetween.