Our fathers' generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed how OP promotes a lot of low class opinions on the need to control women, and to look down on fellow blacks. Yet he presents himself as some sort of enlightened intellectual, and is embraced as such by some here. Strange wallahi. OP you should live your own life and stop worrying about other people. And if there is an elevated, intellectual class of Somalis your narrow ethnocentric views and sexism indicate that you are not part of that group.

This is a major part of the problem for sure. But I think we can still be doing much better in the West despite the fact that we don't have a functioning country to fall back on.

No because these asian kids are taken home when they are children and told exactly whats expected of them. Furthermore they are taught to contribute their other nation. When you have that sort of early teaching and all girls and boys your age from your nation are given this talk, its easier to follow your culture than not.

World

VIP
There's only solution it seems, though it'll never happen. Somali men who are intelligent, responsible and overall good husband and father material should take on 4 wives. This way we'll have stable families and the genes of the irresponsible doqons won't be passed on.

What other solutions are there?
Canada must be different to the UK, I’ve been to 5 different Somali socieities at university and the amount of boys and girls are equal. There aren’t more Somali girls in university than the boys. Even those who are ciyaal suuq and sell drugs go to university here in the UK.

Canada must be different to the UK, I’ve been to 5 different Somali socieities at university and the amount of boys and girls are equal. There aren’t more Somali girls in university than the boys. Even those who are ciyaal suuq and sell drugs go to university here in the UK.

Yeah I think Canada may be worse. And being marriage material isn't just about have a uni degree, and your last sentence proves that. It's about being nin rag ah oo reer dhaqan kara.

Naw, my father isn't like this alhamdulillah. But I've met too many from that generation who just don't care about anything when it comes to their kids. Their daughters could be doing thee craziest things, and they would never know nor bother to inquire. Same with the sons. Very very hands off type of parenting.
The worst part is they cry about it later and waste 1000s on a trip back for dhaqan celis.
The best kids I've seen is of a single mother who enrolls her kids in after school tutoring programs/sports and on the weekends they go to islamic school, and she quizzes them on whatever they learn.
They are always preoccupied with some kind of project or learning and they are the brightest well behaved children you'll meet.

The thing is, do you class a Somali girl who lost her virginity and goes clubbing as wifey material just because she has a degree?
Everybody here just makes arguments based on their personal anecdotes, nobody cares about objectivity in these discussions. Who the f*ck knows whether the numbers are equal? Just run with it.

If I had to take these threads seriously, I'd have 0 posts on this forum because I'd reject every premise without empirical studies backing it up.

World

VIP
Anyway to your OP, what makes me really annoyed is the fact that they take the bad traits of geeljires and leave the good traits. How can you be a tribalist, yet encourage your daughter to marry an ajnabi? Shit makes no sense. If your a tribalist then you should make your daughters marry someone from your own tribe right?

Anyway to your OP, what makes me really annoyed is the fact that they take the bad traits of geeljires and leave the good traits. How can you be a tribalist, yet encourage your daughter to marry an ajnabi? Shit makes no sense. If your a tribalist then you should make your daughters marry someone from your own tribe right?

Yeah it's pathetic. All of their raganimo and competition is reserved for fellow Somalis, but none of it is there when it comes to ajanabis.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
There’s nothing wrong with Somali females marrying none Somali Muslims it’s a good thing masha Allah there’s no place for racism in Islam.

If you’re A Majeerteen man it’s best to marry from within your tribe don’t marry other Somali tribes like dhulbhante and Ogaden iyo warsengeli keep it within your tribe so the wealth can stay within your tribe.

World

VIP
Yeah it's pathetic. All of their raganimo and competition is reserved for fellow Somalis, but none of it is there when it comes to ajanabis.
Personally I don’t like reer magaal Somalis, I went to Hargeisa 4 years ago and it really put me off from Somali culture.

But then I went to a tuulo near Garissa 2 years later after staying in Nairobi for a while.:banderas:

The experience was amazing wallahi, I loved the true Somali culture.

Did you know that before 1920, there weren’t any inland settlements excluding the wadaads? The whole place was 100 % nomadic.

World

VIP
There’s nothing wrong with Somali females marrying none Somali Muslims it’s a good thing masha Allah there’s no place for racism in Islam.

If you’re A Majeerteen man it’s best to marry from within your tribe don’t marry other Somali tribes like dhulbhante and Ogaden iyo warsengeli keep it within your tribe so the wealth can stay within your tribe.
@jugjugwacwac

Exhibit A. :farmajoyaab:

Personally I don’t like reer magaal Somalis, I went to Hargeisa 4 years ago and it really put me off from Somali culture.

But then I went to a tuulo near Garissa 2 years later after staying in Nairobi for a while.:banderas:

The experience was amazing wallahi, I loved the true Somali culture.

Did you know that before 1920, there weren’t any inland settlements excluding the wadaads? The whole place was 100 % nomadic.

Yeah, I love the reer miyi as well. As for inland settlements, you're right for the most part, but we did have places like Zaylac and Mogadishu. Hargeisa was established around 1920 I think, but I could be wrong.

World

VIP
Yeah, I love the reer miyi as well. As for inland settlements, you're right for the most part, but we did have places like Zaylac and Mogadishu. Hargeisa was established around 1920 I think, but I could be wrong.
Saylac and Mogadishu are coastal towns not inland. There were plenty of coastal towns obviously but the only inland towns were either where the wadaads lived and they cultivated the land, or markets(only a few months a year ). Berbera was a large coastal town I believe it had a population of 50,000 during the annual market.

Saylac and Mogadishu are coastal towns not inland. There were plenty of coastal towns obviously but the only inland towns were either where the wadaads lived and they cultivated the land, or market towns. Berbera was a large town I believe it had a population of 50,000 during the annual market.

Yeah my bad, my brain just read it as settlements. But yea ur right, there weren't any real inland towns besides small livestock markets and places established by wadaads and their xer.

As for Berbera, yeah the population would swell into the thousands during the annual market when traders would come from as far as India, and hinterland Somalis would come from as far as distant parts of Ogaadeeniya.

World

VIP
Females don’t have a tribe there’s no difference between a xalimo marrying a Isaac or a Bosnian miise Indian miise hawiye :manny:
I’m not sure how females not passing down their lineage relates to giving your daughter to people who don’t speak the same language as you, with a different culture, customs, traditions, attitudes towards women and so on?

Historically speaking, there was a small chance you’d see your daughter again after you married her off due to how long it used to take to travel. Who is to say that if you marry her off to an ajnabi, she won’t sell her off as a slave? There is no accountability, no safety, and nothing in common.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I’m not sure how females not passing down their lineage relates to giving your daughter to people who don’t speak the same language as you, with a different culture, customs, traditions, attitudes towards women and so on?

Historically speaking, there was a small chance you’d see your daughter again after you married her off due to how long it used to take to travel. Who is to say that if you marry her off to an ajnabi, she won’t sell her off as a slave? There is no accountability, no safety, and nothing in common.
As long as he’s Muslim and not from a different tribe:fittytousand:

I know somali drug dealers with sport science degrees but i think the belief that most somalis who go to uni are girls is not so apparent in the uk. At my uni i seen alot of somali guys probably equal to the Somali girls.

Naw, my father isn't like this alhamdulillah. But I've met too many from that generation who just don't care about anything when it comes to their kids. Their daughters could be doing thee craziest things, and they would never know nor bother to inquire. Same with the sons. Very very hands off type of parenting.
And isn’t that a problem. The kids will do as they please when they know there won’t be any consequences with their actions. If aabo doesn’t care about where his daughter is or what his son is up to, what is stopping them from doing whatever they want...

They need to have rules to keep them in place. I don’t know why that’s not the case with some parents though (those who are able to do so)

Last edited:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
On a related topic, i found this article interesting. Supposedly researchers found that people are subconsciously disgusted by interracial couples, despite vocally supporting it when polled. Worst is they scanned the brains of liberal white students. :icon lol:

I think this only proves the obvious, that our tribal instincts as humans are too strong to overcome. What do you think of this finding @jugjugwacwac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts