Oromo Borana girl claims to be originally Dir after her father scores rare Y-DNA Haplogroup T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-707-1419258415-9.gif

Au Naturel

Last edited:
it seems like the galla have been claiming dir for centuries

"Some Galla in contact with Somali claim to be Dir in origin, stating that the Galla are Dir; and the Galla and Dir are certainly sometimes confused in local Somali traditions2). But whether such claims are historical or merely understandable attempts by the Galla to equate themselves with the Somali 8) for reasons of prestige appears impossible to determine at the moment. Certainly existing Galla groups do not, as far as I know, figure in Dir genealogies today."

"Some Galla in contact with Somali claim to be Dir in origin, stating that the Galla are Dir; and the Galla and Dir are certainly sometimes confused in local Somali traditions2). But whether such claims are historical or merely understandable attempts by the Galla to equate themselves with the Somali 8) for reasons of prestige appears impossible to determine at the moment. Certainly existing Galla groups do not, as far as I know, figure in Dir genealogies today."
Some dirs have been assimilated by oromos.

How can Dir be Gallas if all the Dirs that have been tested have T M-70 haplogroup, something that is either nonexistent or very rare in Oromos? If anything, it should be Ogadens and Hawiye they should be claiming.

@anonimo @sophisticate

Can you explain this for me?

Lolwut? Habr Awal don't live with Oromo though. Unless, Gadabuursi and Ciise constitute as Oromo to you?
I can use the same argument as you regarding that it should be ogaden and hawiye oromos can claim, let me remind you that the most somalis who has been oromized are dirs and not daroods.

Atleast do a little research before posting anything as stupid as your comment.

And by the way habar awals did invite oromos to increase their numbers, Somaliland has more oromo immigrants than DDSI does.

Again Habr awal don't settle with Oromos, that's a Darood and Hawiye thing. There are more Oromo in Jigjiga and Dirirdhabe than in all of Somaliland.

Lol at HA being 50% Oromo but then claiming my question was stupid. I wasn't addressing you anyway.

Again Habr awal don't settle with Oromos, that's a Darood and Hawiye thing. There are more Oromo in Jigjiga and Dirirdhabe than in all of Somaliland.

Lol at HA being 50% Oromo but then claiming my question was stupid. I wasn't addressing you anyway.
No, there are more oromos in somaliland then there is in jigjiga, havent you been following the situation after the awadey massacre? jigjiga was the only somali place to fully capture oromos from child to oday and send them back into their region, can't say the same about you.

Dire dawa is a chartered city.

Your using the border as an excuse to say that Ogadens has oromos within them when infact habar awal are well known for inviting oromos into their clan structure.

It's mostly Dir and hawiye that borders them, your not native or familiar with the geopolitics of DDSI and Oromia.
Again do some little research before commenting while being mirqaan.

Are you triggered by a comment that had nothing to do with you? I was addressing the Dir members with a question about the Dir clan. If you didn't agree, present your evidence hadikale iga leexo. And if Habr Awal are Oromo, your kind are Dinkas. Ethiopian Somalis have traces of Omotic, present due to Oromo interaction.

P.s. you clearly know fck all about Somaliland, so I suggest you stop throwing rocks in glass houses. Lol@ comparing recent Oromo in Hargeisa (who were actually deported) to the Oromos who have been in Harar, Dhiridhabe and Jigjiga for over a century.

Are you triggered by a comment that had nothing to do with you? I was addressing the Dir members with a question about the Dir clan. If you didn't agree, present your evidence hadikale iga leexo. And if Habr Awal are Oromo, your kind are Dinkas. Ethiopian Somalis have traces of Omotic, present due to Oromo interaction.

P.s. you clearly know fck all about Somaliland, so I suggest you stop throwing rocks in glass houses. Lol@ comparing recent Oromo in Hargeisa (who were actually deported) to the Oromos who have been in Harar, Dhiridhabe and Jigjiga for over a century.
Triggered by a comment that had nothing to do with me? look warya you said oromos should be claiming us ogadens when we have no common dna, who and where did you see that the ogadens and oromos have the same? is your excuse ''they border each other'' so they must have the same genetics and they should claim Ogaden?

Aadan cabdalle of habar awal, former clan of akisho who are clearly somalinized oromos is today habar awal sheegads.
sheg1%5B1%5D.png

Now tell me where the ogadens and oromos border each other.

''And if Habr Awal are Oromo, your kind are Dinkas. Ethiopian Somalis have traces of Omotic, present due to Oromo interaction''

Ethiopian somalis? Who nigga? qabiil qabiil ba loo kala baxa ee toos u sheeg.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
How can Dir be Gallas if all the Dirs that have been tested have T M-70 haplogroup, something that is either nonexistent or very rare in Oromos? If anything, it should be Ogadens and Hawiye they should be claiming.

@anonimo @sophisticate

Can you explain this for me?

Oromos are a confederacy. Their levels of T1a are very low and likely a byproduct of absorbing non-Oromos i.e. Dirs like the Gurgura. Some even have dual ethnic citizenship. I'm surprised, they remember their sub-clans but I find this kind of disconcerting. Not because they are playing both sides but this is but one step in the assimilation process. Somalis are langaab compared to the ever-expanding numbers of the Oromo. I don't want to shoulder shake. Leave me to my saylaci. :mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending