Oromo ancestry and relationship to Somali questions

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Most Afran Qallos Oromos believe this "Dir Clan" is a made up thing it never existed ,,It's just collections of Qabiils from Oromos and other Somalis clans..

So as a dir you either Bareentu Oromo or Other major Somalis Clans Hawiye,Daarod or Isaaq.
That is history ,,,,Lets look at the current situation...What happened to brave and intelligent Somalis huh?..Why is your country a failed state ,,Nearly all Somali built countries /region are one of the poorest...from Kenya ,to Djibouti to Somali region,they are poorest region compared to the rest of the country the country they live in /regions .
Dir is one of the oldest clans in somali history no matter how much oromos believe it isn’t as new comers to the area it shouldn’t even concern you. Dir as a clan is older than oromo as an ethnic group. Dir were mentioned pre futuh al habash as a noble clan that had many sultanates and ruled a civilised, intelligent society with ziela (a dir city) at some point being the richest city in the entire continent of Africa. Dir is a clan of 2-4 million at best and has ruled 2 of the greatest cities in the continent (harar and ziela) and has played a major role in the only empire to ever topple the great abysinia and the dir soliders reached as far gonder and axum while abysinia was at its prime. Dir alone have ruled atleast 3-4 sultanates in their time. Now oromos an ethnic group have 40 million people many of which aren’t even oromos and have never had an empire or sultanate, have absolutely no history prior to the oromo expansion other than being conquered by and demolished by somalis during the gaal madow wars. To this day are referred to as a cast and are hated by all the surrounding ethnic groups and looked down on. Saaxib don’t come for somalis on a somali forum I didn’t reply to you the first time but now your stretching it. You call Somalia a failed state but it’s your people that are flocking to it in the millions while claiming to be somali because you know the oromo name is looked down upon by somailis. Furthermore oromos are abused, killed, imprisoned and looked down upon in a country THEY’RE THE MAJORITY IN. You can’t come back from that one saaxib now quite down timb gala

Dir is one of the oldest clans in somali history no matter how much oromos believe it isn’t as new comers to the area it shouldn’t even concern you. Dir as a clan is older than oromo as an ethnic group. Dir were mentioned pre futuh al habash as a noble clan that had many sultanates and ruled a civilised, intelligent society with ziela (a dir city) at some point being the richest city in the entire continent of Africa. Dir is a clan of 2-4 million at best and has ruled 2 of the greatest cities in the continent (harar and ziela) and has played a major role in the only empire to ever topple the great abysinia and the dir soliders reached as far gonder and axum while abysinia was at its prime. Dir alone have ruled atleast 3-4 sultanates in their time. Now oromos an ethnic group have 40 million people many of which aren’t even oromos and have never had an empire or sultanate, have absolutely no history prior to the oromo expansion other than being conquered by and demolished by somalis during the gaal madow wars. To this day are referred to as a cast and are hated by all the surrounding ethnic groups and looked down on. Saaxib don’t come for somalis on a somali forum I didn’t reply to you the first time but now your stretching it. You call Somalia a failed state but it’s your people that are flocking to it in the millions while claiming to be somali because you know the oromo name is looked down upon by somailis. Furthermore oromos are abused, killed, imprisoned and looked down upon in a country THEY’RE THE MAJORITY IN. You can’t come back from that one saaxib now quite down timb gala
You got evidence for this claim?...Dir is a non existent and made up thing...Join the Somalis or Oromo ,you got no option!.

This is an interesting thread where we can learn about two brotherly peoples (Somali and Oromo). Please don't ruin it with FKD.

I'm enjoying the education and find some of what's been said fascinating.

This is an interesting thread where we can learn about two brotherly peoples (Somali and Oromo). Please don't ruin it with FKD.

I'm enjoying the education and find some of what's been said fascinating.
You must have commented this from an alternate reality, 2 ethnicities who hate each other can't be brothers just because they have a couple mutual enemies.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Good point, maybe Somalis should improve internal relations instead of trying to extend pseudo friendly relations to other ethnic groups & nations.
Nacayb isn’t going to get us anywhere. Aren’t Oromos our fellow brothers in Islam ? I’ve seen a lot of people say « yeah but they committed X Y and Z on us » while advocating for Somali unity. Does that even make sense to anyone that knows somali history lmao? Absolutely not to me. I’m tired of people thinking somalinimo is being cadow to the rest of the world and only good with our own, when we’re not even cool with each other lol

Nacayb isn’t going to get us anywhere. Aren’t Oromos our fellow brothers in Islam ? I’ve seen a lot of people say « yeah but they committed X Y and Z on us » while advocating for Somali unity. Does that even make sense to anyone that knows somali history lmao? Absolutely not to me. I’m tired of people thinking somalinimo is being cadow to the rest of the world and only good with our own, when we’re not even cool with each other lol
I don't remember Oromos being 100% Muslim. 😂😂 No point in trying to use the Deen card towards Somalis (maybe when Somalis get along with each other then using the Deen to justify "brotherhood" with so & so ethnicity or whatever can work). Until then you're talking to a brick wall. I don't remember talking about unity (I stated the truth about what I said previously or should I waste my time drinking Cushtic Kool-Aid). Strictly Business > OK relations which'll go sour.

Last edited:

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
I don't remember Oromos being 100% Muslim. 😂😂 No point in trying to use the Deen card towards Somalis (maybe when Somalis get along with each other then using the Deen to justify "brotherhood" with so & so ethnicity or whatever can work). Until then you're talking to a brick wall. I don't remember talking about unity (I stated the truth about what I said previously or should I waste my time drinking Cushtic Kool-Aid). Strictly Business > OK relations which'll go sour.
Didn’t say it was u or anything lol. How are non Muslim Oromos any relevant to us ? We don’t even border them tf

I have Gurgura and Akisho great grand parent (each one) and my moms subclan is said to have mixed a lot with Akisho who seeked refuge from other belligerent Somali clans. Just like the brother’s DNA showed, I think all Akisho and Jaarso would be mostly Somali dna wise but the origin of their tribal affiliation is Oromo
Their no such thing as tribal affiliation Both Jarso Oromo and Akisho are proud Oromos.

You got evidence for this claim?...Dir is a non existent and made up thing...Join the Somalis or Oromo ,you got no option!.

Dir is definitely a real clan. DNA has proven that. The Dir have their own signature haplogroup in the Horn of Africa.

Plus almost all Oromos recognise the Dir clan and acknowledge them. Relations between Oromos and Dir are long as they border eachother.

Like what kind Somali name are these?....None of these sub clan names sound Somali esp under Madahweyn dir.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-24-18-02-33-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-24-18-02-33-07.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 170

Trending

Latest posts