Oromo ancestry and relationship to Somali questions

My oromo friend took a dna test and his results just came back. He didn’t let me post them but he’s basically 35% somali and looks very somali overall. His father is from adama and his mother is from shashamane but both are arsi oromo and his family are very practicing Muslims, Do all oromos share the same genetics? Do arsi oromos have omotic dna? Or atleast do they have less omotic blood than your average oromo from western or southern oromoia

Som

VIP
My oromo friend took a dna test and his results just came back. He didn’t let me post them but he’s basically 35% somali and looks very somali overall. His father is from adama and his mother is from shashamane but both are arsi oromo and his family are very practicing Muslims, Do all oromos share the same genetics? Do arsi oromos have omotic dna? Or atleast do they have less omotic blood than your average oromo from western or southern oromoia
Oromos are a big group. They have assimilated many people.
Arsi muslims may have some somali . Harari and gurage ancestry.
Borana have some nilotic/omotic.
Many others Oromo especially in shewa, wollo etc are basically lost amharas who mixed with oromo.The Oromos in east harerghe are probably the ones with the most somali ancestry, some of them are almost lost somalis

Som

VIP
I think arsi oromos have low omotic. Not sure though. Boranas are the most omotic, but even regular habeshas have more omotic ancestry than somalis

I think arsi oromos have low omotic. Not sure though. Boranas are the most omotic, but even regular habeshas have more omotic ancestry than somalis
How much omotic does your average borana have? Garre heavily intermarry with boran so I’m guessing they’ve got a large chinch of omotic in them too

Som

VIP
How much omotic does your average borana have? Garre heavily intermarry with boran so I’m guessing they’ve got a large chinch of omotic in them too
Somalis have the least omotic while boranas have one of the highest omotic ancestry together with some other oromos and wolaytas.
If Garre mixed a lot with boranas my guess is that they would be on the slightly less omotic than amharas in this graph

omotic-levels.png

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Somalis have the least omotic while boranas have one of the highest omotic ancestry together with some other oromos and wolaytas.
If Garre mixed a lot with boranas my guess is that they would be on the slightly less omotic than amharas in this graph

omotic-levels.png
Are wolaytas lost cushites? I’ve seen a couple and they can legit pass for amhara or oromo and these genetics graphs always show them as less than half omotic some say 70% Cushitic some 60%

@AfranQallo

Just know some oromos are more somali than you.
500 years of ar with habesha kingdoms alot of somalis were absorbed by Oromos till as early as 18 th century.
Also when Oromos fight with somalis they used to take children and women and livestock and kill the rest.
The assimilated the children as their own and not as slaves.

Some of the oromo cultural practices were very civilised.Only cutting off the male genetilian was a put off.

Arsis heavily intermarried with Guraage(Silte) and sidamaas..

Just know some oromos are more somali than you.
500 years of ar with habesha kingdoms alot of somalis were absorbed by Oromos till as early as 18 th century.
Also when Oromos fight with somalis they used to take children and women and livestock and kill the rest.
The assimilated the children as their own and not as slaves.

Some of the oromo cultural practices were very civilised.Only cutting off the male genetilian was a put off.
Cutting off male genitalia was habesha propaganda😂..Wasn't real.

omotic-levels.png
No, Garre look more Somali than many Somalis,,met so many of them..Borana seen to have mixed heavily mixed with nilotes from the way they look.

Som

VIP
Are wolaytas lost cushites? I’ve seen a couple and they can legit pass for amhara or oromo and these genetics graphs always show them as less than half omotic some say 70% Cushitic some 60%

@AfranQallo
My guess is that wolaytas have more arabian dna than somalis but also more Omotic, maybe this is why they mostly look like other horners.

@AfranQallo

Wolaytas are pure omotic people, they are not cushites. Some may have mixed with neighboring cushites eg, Sidama, Hadiya, Kambata etc but they are not from the same branch or origin.

Most Wolaytas you see in urban centers are those mixed with the neighboring cushites.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Why do omotic populations have different amounts of Eurasian
jjj.png

Probably cushitic admixture

Trending