Ohio incident highlights a failure in the Somali community!

I believe Somali girls and women can try to reverse this epic failure in our community.

Step 1. Never marry a misogynist, try your best to figure out his attitudes towards the female gender and how he was raised, the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Step 2. Raise your boys to emulate the prophet SAW, raise them to be PROTECT and PROVIDE.
Step 3. Make sure both genders carry out chores in your house but teach the boys that some chores are more masculine than others; carrying heavy things and anything "outside".

The Prophet Muhammad (PPBUH) used to do chores around his own home. I don't understand how practising muslim men can neglect this crucial aspect of the Prophets character.

As muslims we should aim to be the best. Why not follow the best man who ever lived?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The Prophet Muhammad (PPBUH) used to do chores around his own home. I don't understand how practising muslim men can neglect this crucial aspect of the Prophets character.

As muslims we should aim to be the best. Why not follow the best man who ever lived?

Can u post proof?

Alluring

Sayonara
It's something I've noticed recently but a lot of women in the Somali community do the jobs of men in addition to their own jobs. They cook, clean, educate, shop, fix, and pay the bills.

You are basically making one person do the job of two people. Then they question why their wife is stressed and isn't as attractive as she use to be (because she's overworking) and then dump her for someone else.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It's something I've noticed recently but a lot of women in the Somali community do the jobs of men in addition to their own jobs. They cook, clean, educate, shop, fix, and pay the bills.

You are basically making one person do the job of two people. Then they question why their wife is stressed and isn't as attractive as she use to be (because she's overworking) and then dump her for someone else.

1604427296953.png

Can u post proof?

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ) use to do in his house?” She replied, “He used to keep himself busy serving his family (كَانَ يَكُونُ فِي مِهْنَةِ أَهْلِهِ) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.” (Bukhari)

The word used in the hadith is mihnah (مِهْنَة), which is translated as ‘busy serving’ here, also means in the Arabic language ‘work’, ‘job’, ‘profession’, etc. This implies helping your wife in the house is a full time job as well. Whether it’s helping wash the dishes, cooking, cleaning, raising the kids, etc., is all part and parcel of being the ‘man’ of the house. The notion that it is somehow degrading for men to help and work with the wife around the house is foreign to Islam.

In another report Aisha is reported to have said, “He did what one of you would do in his house. He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed.” (Adab Al-Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

In yet another report it is said that she said, “He milked his goat.” (Ahmad)

Hence, he did not find such things too ‘womanish’ for him to do. It is no wonder that he said, “The best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives.” (Tirmidhi; Ibn Majah)

Beta males never get happy marriages. They either end up with a surrogate mother or a nagging wife.

Manly men who handle their affairs have happy wives who have time to look their best for themselves and their husbands.

A happy wife= happy private life.

When does a dameerified woman have time to bathe, moisturise, put on nice clothes and make her house a home? When she is not shopping, she is cooking, when she is not cooking, she is cleaning, looking after a football team of kids etc.

And then betas will say "she does not have time for meeee". .. haye, doqonkii, go divorce her and replicate this nightmare life a few times. :kanyehmm:

Beta males never get happy marriages. They either end up with a surrogate mother or a nagging wife.

Manly men who handle their affairs have happy wives who have time to look their best for themselves and their husbands.

A happy wife= happy private life.

Thats true wallahi. Of all the happy marriages I know of. (I'm placing heavy emphasis on happy here ). The man provides for his family is a good father to his kids and treats his wife with the upmost respect.

When does a dameerified woman have time to bathe, moisturise, put on nice clothes and make her house a home? When she is not shopping, she is cooking, when she is not cooking, she is cleaning, looking after a football team of kids etc.

And then betas will say "she does not have time for meeee". .. haye, doqonkii, go divorce her and replicate this nightmare life a few times. :kanyehmm:

I know married women that work fulltime on top of it. These women are working themselves to the bone with an ungrateful, selfish husband in return. But they don't care because theirs no consequences for them.

He can easily get remarried. Guys with the shittiest reputations never struggle to get remarried because women always think they will be able to tame them.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

1604427905704.png

Alluring

Sayonara

Her entire day sucks all the energy out of her, while he has done nothing so by night he is ready for anything. That odd dynamic doesn't work because the wife is annoyed and stressed, and the man is mad she's not giving it to him.

So he goes somewhere else, and repeats this same cycle. It's embarrassing to be married and have to raise your own kids like a single mother. Also, the sons see the way their father behave and emulate that, creating a new generation that is exactly like the men before them.

But, what I dislike the most, are the mothers who are so overworked, they shoulder the burden on all their daughters. Their sons run off and do whatever yet their daughter is basically a mom for children she didn't birth. These same girls end up disliking men and not wanting to have children after their experience.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Her entire day sucks all the energy out of her, while he has done nothing so by night he is ready for anything. That odd dynamic doesn't work because the wife is annoyed and stressed, and the man is mad she's not giving it to him.

So he goes somewhere else, and repeats this same cycle. It's embarrassing to be married and have to raise your own kids like a single mother. Also, the sons see the way their father behave and emulate that, creating a new generation that is exactly like the men before them.

But, what I dislike the most, are the mothers who are so overworked, they shoulder the burden on all their daughters. Their sons run off and do whatever yet their daughter is basically a mom for children she didn't birth. These same girls end up disliking men and not wanting to have children after their experience.

1604428162880.png

Alluring

Sayonara
After reading this thread im curious to what you guys think the wife's role is in a family and what do you think the husband's is, i'd be nice if you guys list them all @Finesse @Halimo Supremist @Alluring @Desert Flower

Depends on the household dynamics but tasks should be separated in an equal manner.

Traditional :
- Man works, pays the bills, shops, and does all the physically laboring tasks.
- Woman cooks, cleans, takes care of her home and family.
- BOTH: parent their children

Modern:
- Both work, cook, clean, parent, shop, and take care of the chores together split 50/50 in which way works best for them.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Depends on the household dynamics but tasks should be separated in an equal manner.

Traditional :

Modern:
- Both work, cook, clean, parent, shop, and take care of the chores together split 50/50 in which way works best for them.

1604428262266.png

Traditional :

Modern:
Which do you see as better, traditional or "modern" and why?

Traditional :

Modern:
Also what do you mean by "take care of her home and family" in what way?