Ohio incident highlights a failure in the Somali community!

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
It wasn't until I moved to Somalia I realised the problem lies with the Xaalimo's themselves and I can see how it sweeped to the west.

I always cooked and cleaned but since I got her it's so highly discouraged in a disgusting way by both the young and elder Xaalimo's, I was told the wife is even worse then them.

The males do all the shopping her from what I observed so far, but anything related to cooking, cleaning and taking out garbage they fight you tooth and nail for it.

It's like with FGM, on the surface it appears this disgusting tradition is pushed by the males, but the reality is that it's pushed and kept alive by the mother's, father's have nothing to do with it and for the most part oppose it.

People act how they have been nurtured and raised and the type of society that come from, we are nomads and pastoralists, that lifestyle ensures your away from the wife a lot and as a result she has a lot of freedom and with that freedom comes added responsibilities.

However the farming or Bedouin communities (majority of the world) are the opposite, their wife's are always with them, hence they have far less freedom but that lack of freedom comes with a lot more help with little to no responsibility she has to take, but that also comes with more control and little to no liberty for her

Benefits and drawbacks to each.
Shut up, you think an arab man sits around crying about how women tell them not to do certain tasks? Black males complain about women emasculating them but you kneegrows never take responsibility for anything. It’s always someone else’s fault why your communities and countries are shitholes.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
There may be some truth to this. Arab men although in power are known to be insecure about their women, they have this phobia in which they believe following a woman everywhere she goes protects her purity. Theres no trust. I wouldn't necessarily consider that a good thing. If your wive cant go out and shop without supervision, is she your employee or your equal? Somali men dont do much work around the house, that's very true, and its gotta change. But Personally speaking I think Arab dudes treat their wives like shit. Come on man, you could've used any other race to get your point across, lkn Arabs? :dead:

Last edited:
:francis: Can't argue with that walaal.
alot of Geeljire males suffer from nacasnimo + false sense of superiority
They act like spoiled princes
. .
back home
hooyos and sisters used to wake up 5 or 6 am everyday getting the canjeero iyo quraan-da ready , then feeding the kids , cleaning the house , then head for the suuq to shop for qado iyo dinner, come back home , cook , feed the kids and geeljires , clean again ....
and what the geeljires do?
they wake up at 9 or 10 yelling ,naaya or hooyo where is the quraac?
and after they eat like it's a hotel , they hit the local makhayad for some fudhi ku dirir waiting for the next shipment of Qaad , they have zero idea of what is going on in their homes and with their kids , they are in an unholy crusade to defend reerka , that's their ultimate goal in life, nothing else matters to them.

Geeljires instead of protecting their women, they compete with them, look at Twitter lol

Last edited:
:francis: Can't argue with that walaal.
alot of Geeljire males suffer from nacasnimo + false sense of superiority
They act like spoiled princes
. .
back home
hooyos and sisters used to wake up 5 or 6 am everyday getting the canjeero iyo quraan-da ready , then feeding the kids , cleaning the house , then head for the suuq to shop for qado iyo dinner, come back home , cook , feed the kids and geeljires , clean again ....
and what the geeljires do?
they wake up at 9 or 10 yelling ,naaya or hooyo where is the quraac?
after eat like it's a hotel , they hit the local makhayad for some fudhi ku dirir waiting for the next shipment of Qaad , they have zero idea of what is going on in their homes and with their kids , they are in an unholy crusader to defend reerka , that thier ultimate goal in life nothing else matter to geeljires
I’ve noticed that Somali dads are treated like a guest in their own home. He comes in, eats his prepared food, makes small talk with the wife and kids and then heads to bed. Wash, rinse and repeat. It’s quite revolting.

Also, there is no accountability for when they neglect their families. That’s the root of the issue.

@Finesse do you think that things are better with the newer generation of men?

I think so sis, younger Somali men in the diaspora who actually want their wives to be their best friend, do their part at home, they also don't want a divorce/ get replaced, so they get their act in order.

Inshallah, it will continue to get better and better but it's up to us women to identify and totally marginalise bums, and lazy beta males.

There may be some truth to this. Arab men although in power are known to be insecure about their women, they have this phobia in which they believe following a woman everywhere she goes protects her purity. Theres no trust. I wouldn't necessarily consider that a good thing. If your wive cant go out and shop without supervision, is she your employee or your equal? Somali men dont do much work around the house, that's very true, and its gotta change. But Personally speaking I think Arab dudes treat their wives like shit. Come on man, you could've used any other race to get your point across, lkn Arabs? :dead:

Gaal dil laakiin gartiisa sii.

Arabs are flawed, of course, but at least they are not humiliated worldwide nor are they known to send their women to work for them.
Somali men need to stop being defensive and embrace the big L and vow not to repeat it.

Somali men would literally be "perfect" men if they just made small and very easy lifestyle changes. Be more protective and more thoughtful, your life will improve and so will the community at large.

As for Somali women, allow your man to be a man and let him be helpful around the house. Don't listen to habro and others who think acting like a mule is cute. It's not.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Excuse me but the woman do the cooking so might as well get the ingredients. And they enjoy the male attention so take it up with them

Excuse me but the woman do the cooking so might as well get the ingredients. And they enjoy the male attention so take it up with them

This is the type of male to avoid ladies. They usually talk like this on the phone also during the "getting to know each other stage".

Just let them talk, listen carefully and then never speak to them again. Don't argue.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Gaal dil laakiin gartiisa sii.

Arabs are flawed, of course, but at least they are not humiliated worldwide nor are they known to send their women to work for them.
Somali men need to stop being defensive and embrace the big L and vow not to repeat it.

Flawed? :westbrookwtf:
Arabs kill their daughters, their sisters and their wives. What are you talking about? What you should be saying is Somali men are flawed, we can do better. When a Somali girl is disowned by her family, we move on for her. When an Arab girl is disowned, their whole family, her brothers, her cousins and her father go out hunting for her, and once found. They kill her. They do so to, "honor" the family name. So don't come out and say Arab men love their women better. We love our women enough to let them live their lives wherever they please even after we've disowned them. That's why we're different cuddy

Flawed? :westbrookwtf:
Arabs kill their daughters, their sisters and their wives. What are you talking about? What you should be saying is Somali men are flawed, we can do better. When a Somali girl is disowned by her family, we move on for her. When an Arab girl is disowned, their whole family, her brothers, her cousins and her father go out hunting for her, and once found. They kill her. They do so to, "honor" the family name. So don't come out and say Arab men love their women better. We love our women enough to let them live their lives wherever they please even after we've disowned them. That's why we're different cuddy

If you love, you help.
If you love, you protect.
If you love, you provide.

Love is not a feeling, it's action.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If you love, you help.

1604433230337.png

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
If you love, you help.

You're missing the point. You could've used any other race. But I'll never accept you saying an Arab treats his wive better than a Somali.

Never :kanyeshrug:

You're missing the point. You could've used any other race. But I'll never accept you saying an Arab treats his wive better than a Somali.

Never :kanyeshrug:
They’re more hands on in terms of parenting and being a husband. They tend to pull their weight. Somali men don’t, for the most part but they’re “better” in the sense that they give their women freedom. They’re not as controlling. Like @Finesse said, y’all would be phenomenal if you took on a more active and present role in your families. Continue to be laid back, but also have that instinct to be a protector and provider to your woman. This advice is coming from a place of love.

Now i notice people here saying that the reason why women have become "masculine" is because the men in the society haven't lived up to the societal norms of being "a man" and so women have filled in that role, that's not how i see it. In many cases particularly in the west, women have advocated in specifically the feminist movement about how a woman can do all of the men's roles, and how they do not need a male figure in their lives, also to point out that they themselves wanted to do those jobs for their own sense of empowerment, basically a false sense of equality by pursuing the roles men in society have previously taken up, and I have no idea why the blame is now shifted upon the men for the advocacy of these women that have made it so that both men and women do certain things for example shopping as is what this thread was originally made about

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Great topic and I agree with most of your points. However I also fault Somali moms for babying their sons and not requiring much help from them growing up. I always do grocery shopping for myself and my parents and I realized I never seen a farax around my age in the store, I only see Somali hooyos, young and old doing all the shopping. I think they should bring their young sons and give them tasks in the store. It’s a great way to teach by starting early :)

Trending