Official Raptors Fan Page

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Have you watched last season? The Raptors suffocated Giannis and when he kicked it out Lopez, Middleton, Bledsoe and the rest couldn’t make contested shots. What makes you think that all changed?
Ofc I did.

I thought we were talking about this season not last season? Do you think Bucks aren’t gonna make adjustments in the playoffs? Every team will make adjustments against the matchup they get.
I’ve been telling people Giannis has to fix his game or he’ll have the same problems when his team gets deep into the playoffs. He gets a lot of space to do whatever he likes in the season because no one actually defends but once it’s playoffs teams will play half court and clock the paint and that’s where his weakness is. I’m sure him and his team will fix that problem this year.

Btw he’s been taking more 3’s he still isn’t comfortable doing it but when teams give all that space to shoot he’s got to be confident and pull the trigger. You’ll see a different Giannis and Bucks team this postseason trust me.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Ofc I did.

I thought we were talking about this season not last season? Do you think Bucks aren’t gonna make adjustments in the playoffs? Every team will make adjustments against the matchup they get.
I’ve been telling people Giannis has to fix his game or he’ll have the same problems when his team gets deep into the playoffs. He gets a lot of space to do whatever he likes in the season because no one actually defends but once it’s playoffs teams will play half court and clock the paint and that’s where his weakness is. I’m sure him and his team will fix that problem this year.

Btw he’s been taking more 3’s he still isn’t comfortable doing it but when teams give all that space to shoot he’s got to be confident and pull the trigger. You’ll see a different Giannis and Bucks team this postseason trust me.

What adjustments are they going to make? If Giannis shoots when he’s left open, he’ll hit them at a 29% clip, which is something teams will live with. They will make adjustments around the edges but nothing to compensate for Giannis inability to shoot. You wanna place a bet on Raptors Bucks? I’m ready to bet that Raptors win in a 7 game series. Let’s place bets just before the postseason.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I’m still trying to understand their abysmal record against good teams. They’re 9-12 against teams better than .500 while they are an unbelievable 30-3 against teams with losing records.

Compare this to other teams such as Miami and Boston who have winning records against good teams but are not as good against bad teams. If Miami can beat the Houston rockets by 40 points, I’m certain Toronto can do it.

There are several theories in my opinion, some fact based and others entirely speculative.

The top teams Toronto lost to this year

> Boston Celtics (2nd game of season): one of two games where they had their entire starting lineup
> Milwaukee Bucks: also no excuses. They had everyone and Pascal Siakam let them down by fouling out.
> Clippers (1st meeting): no Lowry or Ibaka and second night of LA back to back. Beat Lakers night before, so, totally excusable
> Dallas Mavs: still no Lowry or Ibaka and in the midst of west coast road trip
> Rockets: Lowry and Ibaka first game back. Horrible strategy by coach and Houston hit 25 3 pointers!!!! Not at all excusable and it’s on the coach
> Miami Heat: Lowry’s second game back and he went 0-10 from 3 point range and ruined the entire teams rhythm by chucking threes instead of being subbed and eased back in by the coach. Coaching error cost them.

> 76ers: revenge game for Embiid and company. They still cut a 24 point lead to 6 with seconds left. The 76ers have the best home record in the league so no big deal

> Clippers: return of Kawhi. Totally inexcusable. Too emotional and just lacklustre effort while the other team didn’t reciprocate that. Deserved this one.

> Pacers (1st meeting): excusable. A back to back after erasing a 30 point lead by Dallas. So much energy consumed and had to play so soon. This is absolutely fine. Shouldn’t count.

> Celtics (Christmas day): Missing Siakam, Gasol, Powell...basically everybody so shouldn’t count. Besides this depleted team kicked Boston’s ass two days later in Boston, though they were also coming off a back to back.

> Heat (second meeting): still missing everybody. Missed 37 three pointers against a zone defence that gave up so many open looks. An aberration that a healthy team would not repeat.

> Thunder: second night of back to back. Still depleted as hell. One point loss. Not conclusive at all.

That’s about it. To recap, 5 of the 12 losses to good teams were either on the second night of a back to back or the team was so heavily depleted, and often both. No good team has faced the same circumstances so their full strength record against good teams (that are also at full strength) should be something like 7-7 or 8-7.

I wish there was a stat that monitored whether teams were at full strength or coming off a back to back because it’s totally unfair to compare well rested full strength teams to depleted tired ones.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP

The Raptors jumped on the Pacers from the beginning and continued the onslaught until the very end, handing them a 46-point loss. This is the final meeting of the regular season and they could theoretically meet in the post season.

The Raptors blew out the pacers because of their ridiculously good defence. For stretches it appeared Indiana was afraid to dribble or score in the paint. On the other end everything was falling for the Raptors. I thought the pacers would put together a nice run in the third or fourth but the massacre worsened.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
2E64F7D8-14E4-4DEE-90B3-A261B6FF0C6B.jpeg

BUCKS V RAPTORS PREVIEW AND PREDICTION

The league-best Milwaukee Bucks visit the second best team in the eastern conference, the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, February 25. This is the second meeting of the season and the result is meaningful to both teams and their fans.

First, the Raptors are 7 games behind the Bucks and a victory on Tuesday would cut that to 6–not really impressive—and allow them to stay 2.5 games ahead of Boston. Furthermore this would tie the season series at 1-1 with two games remaining. Again this is all academic because even if Toronto wins the season series that won’t matter for home court and final seeding. It would however be a major confidence booster if Toronto wins.

Prediction

The Toronto Raptors have had this bad pre-all star break habit of trying to conserve their energy for the third and fourth quarters and allowing teams to build double digit leads. While they are really good at playing from behind (erased 30, 20 and 18-point leads), I’m afraid a team like Milwaukee will step on their throat and never let their foot off the gas.

If tonight and Friday were any indications of the Raptors new habits, I predict a close game that goes down to the wire. A low scoring game where the Raptors successfully contain Giannis and limit the Bucks potent offence to only 95 points. My prediction: Raptors 98 Bucks 95

Last edited:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
View attachment 95629
BUCKS V RAPTORS PREVIEW AND PREDICTION

The league-best Milwaukee Bucks visit the second best team in the eastern conference, the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, February 25. This is the second meeting of the season and the result is meaningful to both teams and their fans.

First, the Raptors are 7 games behind the Bucks and a victory on Tuesday would cut that to 6–not really impressive—and allow them to stay 2.5 games ahead of Boston. Furthermore this would tie the season series at 1-1 with two games remaining. Again this is all academic because even if Toronto wins the season series that won’t matter for home court and final seeding. It would however be a major confidence booster if Toronto wins.

Prediction

The Toronto Raptors have had this bad pre-all star break habit of trying to conserve their energy for the third and fourth quarters and allowing teams to build double digit leads. While they are really good at playing from behind (erased 30, 20 and 18-point leads), I’m afraid a team like Milwaukee will step on their throat and never let their foot off the gas.

If tonight and Friday were any indications of the Raptors new habits, I predict a close game that goes down to the wire. A low scoring game where the Raptors successfully contain Giannis and limit the Bucks potent offence to only 95 points. My prediction: Raptors 98 Bucks 95

Looking forward to the game.

Bucks have already clinched a playoff spot. They’re the earliest team to clinch a playoff spot beating Warriors 2017 team which clinched a playoff spot on February 25.

Oh man I’m looking forward the later stages of thee eastern conference playoffs. Bucks, Raptors, Celtics and Sixers:ahh:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Looking forward to the game.

Bucks have already clinched a playoff spot. They’re the earliest team to clinch a playoff spot beating Warriors 2017 team which clinched a playoff spot on February 25.

Oh man I’m looking forward the later stages of thee eastern conference playoffs. Bucks, Raptors, Celtics and Sixers:ahh:
What do you think is going to happen in the playoffs though? Will the Bucks march into the finals and finally hoist the Larry O’Brien trophy? Will the Rockets small ball carry them all the way? Will the Clippers figure out their chemistry problems and avoid exiting in the 2nd round? Will Lebron-AD tandem give Lebron his 4th title and finals MVP?

I predict the Raptors make it to the NBA finals by out coaching the Bucks, again. I predict they meet the Houston Rockets and beat them in 6 games to win their second straight title. Of course I’m an optimistic fan but their play this season justifies my optimism.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
What do you think is going to happen in the playoffs though? Will the Bucks march into the finals and finally hoist the Larry O’Brien trophy? Will the Rockets small ball carry them all the way? Will the Clippers figure out their chemistry problems and avoid exiting in the 2nd round? Will Lebron-AD tandem give Lebron his 4th title and finals MVP?

I predict the Raptors make it to the NBA finals by out coaching the Bucks, again. I predict they meet the Houston Rockets and beat them in 6 games to win their second straight title. Of course I’m an optimistic fan but their play this season justifies my optimism.
Woah woah :whoa: Raptors and Rockets in the finals?:chrisfreshhah: What are you smoking bro? How in the world do you have these two teams in the finals and not the best two teams from each conference?:kodaksmiley:

You’re gassing up your Raptors too much bro. The Bucks will humble you if they match up with you mark my words.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Woah woah :whoa: Raptors and Rockets in the finals?:chrisfreshhah: What are you smoking bro? How in the world do you have these two teams in the finals and not the best two teams from each conference?:kodaksmiley:

You’re gassing up your Raptors too much bro. The Bucks will humble you if they match up with you mark my words.

You’re such a casual. You see the Bucks 48-8 record and automatically think they’re unbeatable. I’ll bet you $ 1,000.00 that Toronto beats them in post season. Neither LA team can handle the rockets small ball strategy as evidenced by the games they played. Unless the Jazz or Nuggets stop Houston, they will be in the finals.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
You’re such a casual. You see the Bucks 48-8 record and automatically think they’re unbeatable. I’ll bet you $ 1,000.00 that Toronto beats them in post season. Neither LA team can handle the rockets small ball strategy as evidenced by the games they played. Unless the Jazz or Nuggets stop Houston, they will be in the finals.
LoL at casual :russ: Just because I don’t agree with your takes I’m a casual?:kodaksmiley: I follow all teams man relax. Man said I look at their record and think they’re unbeatable.:chrisfreshhah:

Giannis with only 17 points rn and they’re beating you at your home.:pachah1:

Walahi I pray you and the Bucks see each other in the playoffs.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
LoL at casual :russ: Just because I don’t agree with your takes I’m a casual?:kodaksmiley: I follow all teams man relax. Man said I look at their record and think they’re unbeatable.:chrisfreshhah:

Giannis with only 17 points rn and they’re beating you at your home.:pachah1:

Walahi I pray you and the Bucks see each other in the playoffs.
Regular season game and doesn’t matter. Besides GIANNIS has 17 and they’re winning. I want to see Donte DiVicenzo bail him out in the post season.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
@Figo you can change your name but you will never change your ways. We all knew for many years that you just watch the playoffs, weliba highlights.

:trumpsmirk:
AJ,
You’ve been missed on the sports section.:bell:

Who’s “We”:chrisfreshhah: You’re the only one that’s been pushing that agenda for years.

If I was just about highlights I wouldn’t have paid money to watch games. They’re free on YouTube.:camby:

Keep projecting that nonsense on me.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Bucks 108
Raptors 97 Final

Playing on the second night of a back to back, the Milwaukee Bucks Hans Toronto their 16th loss of the season. The Raptors played great defence on Giannis, holding him to 17 points but the Bucks as a team wanted it more.

The Bucks, perhaps due to their better record for the benefit of the doubt from the refs in this game. Robin Lopez alone got away with three obvious moving screens. While this one stings, they did go 1-3 against the Bucks last season too, and we know how that went.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Fair enough.
You really wanna put up 1k?:cosbyhmm:
Actually yes. You wanna bet 1,000 that Giannis scores 17 and the Bucks win a playoff game??? Are you putting your money on Marvin Williams to carry the Bucks in the playoffs? Let’s do it. While the Raptors lost the battle, they will win the war.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Actually yes. You wanna bet 1,000 that Giannis scores 17 and the Bucks win a playoff game??? Are you putting your money on Marvin Williams to carry the Bucks in the playoffs? Let’s do it. While the Raptors lost the battle, they will win the war.
I’m tempted ngl but it’s haram to bet.:francis::kanyehmm:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP

Raptors reaction podcast says exactly what I’ve been saying. These guys keep it real though. They’re not delusional fans like me. Raptors will beat Bucks.

Trending