Official Coding Thread

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Same career path.:francis:
Tech is booming right now, and it is easily possible to make 500k+ just by working for big companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc. Not to mention, startups have an even bigger potential, it's gonna be useful back home too. Not a bad carrier path at all, lets work hard brodie :salute:

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Programming by itself is very boring to me, building crappy apps for inserting and updating data thats wack. Im currently doing my MS in Analytics and know Python,R,SQL,Hadoop and Spark. I like finding hidden gems in data and provide buisness value.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
For those of you unsure of what to do and not keen on coding consider starting a business. Much work but you do not need to learn a “language” pers say I say Somalis are better suited for this. The worst part is that you may need to brush up on your numbers.

I am not talking about starting the next Netflix but a small laundrette, game room etc and you can pull in £150,000 + in profit annually without even being there.

As someone who worked as a software engineer, I feel able to give my two cents :salute:

Python

Is the single easiest language for a beginner to learn after HTML/css. It’s human friendly and code is easier to understand than other languages

it’s the most similar to English and you get feedback immediately when running code.

also the average python dev in Seattle makes $107k I believe

I didn’t believe in myself in the beginning, but if you pursue this fully there’s is SO much life changing money to be made.

don’t fall for coding boot camps either..

I wish all the best of luck!
bro i live in seattle should i start coding before college. I wanna see six figures:ahh::lolbron:Took a coding class thought i was trash but my partner thought i was good

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
bro i live in seattle should i start coding before college. I wanna see six figures:ahh::lolbron:Took a coding class thought i was trash but my partner thought i was good
:chrisfreshhah:
bro my first recommendation would be to go back to school which would Guarantee $$$

If you can’t then enroll at a local school and take programming classes available

If you can’t go to school at all think about going to a reputable boot camp that has had results. Check linkedin to see where graduates work now

If you can’t then maybe look toward IT which has good money too but you’d have to get certificates than a degree

bro my first recommendation would be to go back to school which would Guarantee $$$

If you can’t then enroll at a local school and take programming classes available

If you can’t go to school at all think about going to a reputable boot camp that has had results. Check linkedin to see where graduates work now

If you can’t then maybe look toward IT which has good money too but you’d have to get certificates than a degree
im 16:ileycry::faysalwtf:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Second the coding bootcamp, if you are stuck in a shit major and want to change careers to programming then go to one of these.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
It’s hard and boring at first as the imposter syndrome takes over but it’s really fun once u get good at it and ur producing top quality code.

Keep working hard sxb, we are all here for you if you need assistance:)

Very good thread.

I always advice Somali's to get into software engineer or web development, but this mostly depends on there circumstances.

If I see a person that has a good aptitude for maths or studied it at university I advise them to pursue data science and get into machine-learning and artificial intelligence.

75% of it is just maths which is the hardest part and why those without maths backgrounds suffer, it's by far the highest paid and best future prospect.

If the person loves problem solving and creating stuff the advice is to get into software development.

If the person is design oriented and likes the flashy stuff the advice is to get into web development.

If the person hates all three of these or finds them too difficult, I get them to explore Network engineering or security.

Trending

Latest posts