No somali should ever call themselves “black”

Status
Not open for further replies.

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
The black label makes absolutely no sense, even for “black” people, I once asked my friend who is “black” why “black” people are called black if they’re either light medium or dark brown, he told me when europeans came in contact with africans they noticed how dark the africans were and called them black due to their darkness, I asked why indians aren’t referred to as “black” since they’re also dark, he didn’t have an answer, to all my somalis please stop referring to yourself as a color that literally has nothing to do with your complexion, you’re somali and you should call yourself nothing but somali

Last edited:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
00033402.gif

Our weekly debate on whether we are or aren't "black".
Brother, this isn't new ground you're treading here.

:pachah1:Nigga is using a black person with an afro for his image and saying don't call me black.
Nigga you are black. :mjlol:No paragraph will change that.
The black label makes absolutely no sense, even for “black” people, I once asked my friend who is “black” why “black” people are called black if they’re either light medium or dark brown, he told me when europeans came in contact with africans they noticed how dark the africans were and called them black due to their darkness, I asked why indians aren’t referred to as “black” since they’re also dark, he didn’t have an answer, to all my somalis please stop referring to yourself as a color that literally has nothing to do with your complexion, you’re somali and you should call yourself nothing but somali

Nobody cares what you label yourself. Society labels Somalis as black and therefore you can be a cat or a dog but people will still see you as a black man.
The more this is discussed, the more I'm actually against labelling myself Black... selectively of course.

:cosbyhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending