No somali should ever call themselves “black”

Status
Not open for further replies.

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
It’s always Europeans who struggle with this I notice. It’s not that deep in the U.S cause our forms we tick off Black (AA or part of Diapsora)

I’m not in rage when someone refers to be as Black. If I want to be specific then I say I’m Somali American.
I’m actually from the US, I’ve seen some black people here question the black label as well, the label doesn’t enrage me at all I just question it

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalis are black, in a social construct kind of way. In reality though we share nothing with other "black" people. Indians and Koreans are both "Asians". Doesn't make them the same.

I’m actually from the US, I’ve seen some black people here question the black label as well, the label doesn’t enrage me at all I just question it

Lmao yeah right, the U.S census litetally says Black (AA, West Indian, or belonging to Black racial groups in Africa) seems pretty specific to me.

If I want to be blunt, Somalis aren’t racially ambiguous enough to be having this debates. Everyone knows we Black Africans.

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
Lmao yeah right, the U.S census litetally says Black (AA, West Indian, or belonging to Black racial groups in Africa) seems pretty specific to me.

If I want to be blunt, Somalis aren’t racially ambiguous enough to be having this debates. Everyone knows we Black Africans.
This isn’t about having african ancestry, it’s specifically about the black label and why africans or anybody should use the label to describe themselves

Muji

VIP
skin color =/= race
your race is somali my friend not black

Somali isn’t a race it’s an ethnicity

Unless you wanna say Somalis are the only group of people who don’t have a race, I’ll follow my neighbours and fellow sub-Saharan Africans and refer to myself as black!

This isn’t about having african ancestry, it’s specifically about the black label and why africans or anybody should use the label to describe themselves

I’m tired of y’all (and in general) acting brain dead when it comes to this topic. We are seen as Black in Western countries (or Asian/Latino/etc...) because that’s what we are initially viewed as. It’s a social grouping. Clearly if we were in Africa where saying “I’m Black” would be redundant, then Somali would be our only ID.

Stop acting so unique, same shit with other groups in the U.S that go by White, Asian, Native, and Latino those are just social groupings.

:wowsweat:You're halfway there.
Somalis are black, in a social construct kind of way. In reality though we share nothing with other "black" people.

Indians are not from Africa so they aren't black. Bajuni people are from Africa so they are considered black. Xamar Cad Cads are considered mixed because they are a mix of many different races.
Doesn't make sense. What about Bajuni people? What about Indians? So you're black because you live south of the desert?

Their skin color. Somalis on average have mariin (brown skin color) which is still dark.
To be black, you must be from Subsaharan Africans. Indians, Austrailian Abos, and Melanisians all have dark skin colors but they're not from Africa.
so to be black means to be african? what’s black about africans

tumal

hyde
Somali isn’t a race it’s an ethnicity

Unless you wanna say Somalis are the only group of people who don’t have a race, I’ll follow my neighbours and fellow sub-Saharan Africans and refer to myself as black!
somalis are ethnically, genetically and phenotypically different than other ""blacks"". You are closer to a Euorpean than you are to other Africans genetically speaking. We don't even have the same skull shape, hair texture, or facial features as other blacks. Horners are their own race and should be labeled as such. See pic related.
8f0cZxV.jpg

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
I’m tired of y’all (and in general) acting brain dead when it comes to this topic. We are seen as Black in Western countries (or Asian/Latino/etc...) because that’s what we are initially viewed as. It’s a social grouping. Clearly if we were in Africa where saying “I’m Black” would be redundant, then Somali would be our only ID.

Stop acting so unique, same shit with other groups in the U.S that go by White, Asian, Native, and Latino those are just social groupings.
So far you haven’t addressed why the “black” label makes sense, you keep mentioning how somalis are seen as black because the west groups all african and african descended people as “black”, explain why the social grouping makes sense and why the black color correlates with people of african descent

Muji

VIP
somalis are ethnically, genetically and phenotypically different than other ""blacks"". You are closer to a Euorpean than you are to other Africans genetically speaking. We don't even have the same skull shape, hair texture, or facial features as other blacks. Horners are their own race and should be labeled as such. See pic related.
8f0cZxV.jpg

We are closer to whites than blacks? You ignorant pig, that doesn’t even make sense. Go and have a look at the map, we are nomadic people who are neighbours with Kenya and Ethiopia but you’d rather believe you are genetically closer to someone from France.

I did a genetic test where I found out I’m 98% sub-Saharan African, and most Somalis come out with similar results. Go and enlighten yourself and carry out the test.

You really think you are genetically superior to blacks, when we literally have the worst country in Africa. You need a reality check wallah.

We are closer to whites than blacks? You ignorant pig, that doesn’t even make sense. Go and have a look at the map, we are nomadic people who are neighbours with Kenya and Uganda but you’d rather believe you are genetically closer to someone from France.

I did a genetic test where I found out I’m 98% sub-Saharan African, and most Somalis come out with similar results. Go and enlighten yourself and carry out the test.

You really think you are genetically superior to blacks, when we literally have the worst country in Somalia. You need a reality check wallah.
So we neighbour Madows therefore we are Madow ? :heh:
The SL region has been a historical homeland and stronghold for Somalis and we bordered Oromos and others aswell so are we Oromos now too ? :heh:

Muji

VIP
So we neighbour Madows therefore we are Madow ? :heh:
The SL region has been a historical homeland and stronghold for Somalis and we bordered Oromos and others aswell so are we Oromos now too ? :heh:

Yes you are all black you ignorant . Go and educate yourself!

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
@Knowles I didn't know we bordered Uganda.

ugan-MMAP-md.png

Your SJWnimo is blinding you.

sup.jpg

Yes, we're 98%+ Sub Saharan African, East African, etc but that doesn't make us negroid/Bantu.

Muji

VIP
Somalis are black, in a social construct kind of way. In reality though we share nothing with other "black" people. Indians and Koreans are both "Asians". Doesn't make them the same.

Race is not a social construct! There is a reason why Africans are taller and darker than someone from China. Denying race exists will not make racism go away!

So far you haven’t addressed why the “black” label makes sense, you keep mentioning how somalis are seen as black because the west groups all african and african descended people as “black”, explain why the social grouping makes sense and why the black color correlates with people of african descent

Are you okay fam? I literally broke it down for you. Clearly you’re looking for an answer that supports your statements miyaa? You ain’t getting it here. This is Sociology 101 :camby:

P.S We were the “original” blacks since biblical times. NE Africa was the first place outsiders had contact with us and labeled as “Kush” or Black people cause that’s how we were viewed by Europeans and Middle Easterners.

Race is a social constrast so as long as we are minority in nations that aren’t African, we are classified as Black. Not that hard to grasp.

tumal

hyde
We are closer to whites than blacks? You ignorant pig, that doesn’t even make sense. Go and have a look at the map, we are nomadic people who are neighbours with Kenya and Ethiopia but you’d rather believe you are genetically closer to someone from France.

You really think you are genetically superior to blacks, when we literally have the worst country in Somalia. You need a reality check wallah.
you do realize that genetic samples from current DNA tests aren't accurate at all? (the somali population)
if they got better samples I'm sure this well known theory would be proven.

I also never said I was superior to other blacks I just said that Somalis and other horners by the scientific aren't black and are one of the only population who are caucasoid and have neanderthal admixture. Somalis are a subgroup of Caucasian.

Somalis are their own race of people and should be proud to be label themselves as somalis.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
:wowsweat:You're halfway there.

I'm not naive enough to think that people don't register me as "black" walking on the street and whatnot. But that doesn't change the overly simplistic nature of racial classifications.

Greeks and Italians both look "swarthy" in a way, and yet they are "white", but Arabs are almost treated as their own separate race, socially speaking. But what's the difference between Arabs and Mediterranean people really? Not much visually speaking. This is what i mean by "race" being a fictitious social construction. Not really rooted in reality.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this

I would rather not associate w people thinking melanin/pigment is a superpower. They worship their melanin like it were a deen, lmao. We have Islam, Islam is our identity and deen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts