New Nubian genetic study [Christian Early Medieval Period]

These guys are the Anatolian Turks of the Nilotic language family. Don't fit with the rest of the language family. 😂

Would be funny if Somalis spoke a Nilo-Saharan language, yet still looked like modern Somalis.
i wonder why our ancient ancestors adopted afro asiatic instead of the nilotic language

1613781683873.png

These guys are the Anatolian Turks of the Nilotic language family. Don't fit with the rest of the language family. 😂

Would be funny if Somalis spoke a Nilo-Saharan language, yet still looked like modern Somalis.
It doesn't matter so much, since most people would think of Anatolians when they hear the word "Turk":

Turkish people have successfully made themselves the face of Turkic identity.

Somalis did not exist when that stuff happened. It is something inherent in all Cushitic people.
yea i know all cushitic groups have eurasian admixture im asking if we as somalis absorbed any additional eurasian ancestry via arabians like the habeshas did

Apollo

VIP
Somaliweyn is so boring ethnically/linguistically.

In Eritrea they got many languages/ethnicities, same with North Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya.

Kinda wished we had multiple ancient ethnicities on the Eastern part of the Horn.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Somaliweyn is so boring ethnically/linguistically.

In Eritrea they got many languages/ethnicities, same with North Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya.

Kinda wished we had multiple ancient ethnicities on the Eastern part of the Horn.
Soon there gon be oromos in somaliweyn

Are Beja people happy with being part of Sudan?
Yes, the president of Eritrea tried to fund rebels to make Sudan landlocked like Ethiopia but failed since they couldn't gain a large following. Bejas are historically high-class like Nubians and Sudanese Arabs so they run many important industries. They are not marginalized by the government, in fact some Beja towns and cities look even better than Khartoum - speaking of Khartoum, it was the Beja that nearly defeated the British to protect the capital.

Apollo

VIP
Soon there gon be oromos in somaliweyn

I said ancient ethnicities who already were settled there centuries ago, not migrants like Oromos or even Benadiris. That's less interesting than having stuff like Nubians, Beja, Saho, Bilen, Tigre etc

Apollo

VIP
It doesn't matter so much, since most people would think of Anatolians when they hear the word "Turk":

Turkish people have successfully made themselves the face of Turkic identity.

If Somalis spoke a Nilo-Saharan language and with the caveat of still looking exactly like Somalis today, I doubt we would have joined the Arab League. What do you say?

View attachment 171890Nubian royal cemeteries in el-kurru show that they depicted themselves using a reddish hue.

View attachment 171891

Plus the ezana stone speaks of a red population fighting a black one.

Nubians have enslaved Nilotics and used them as soldiers even going into relatively modern history. There was aversion even until recently in having children with Nilotic concubines.

Modern Nubians might have an aversion to having children with Nilotes/Nilo-Saharans but the fact remains that the indigenous language of the Nubians belongs to the same language family as the Nuba of Jabal Al Nuba. The Nilo-Saharans ancestors of the Nubians obviously assimilated the people they conquered when they settled in Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan. They might discriminate against those with more 'negroid' features today but isn't it ironic that their historical elites, ethnic identity and language was inherited from Charcoal Black Sudanic people?

Apollo

VIP
Modern Nubians might have an aversion to having children with Nilotes/Nilo-Saharans but the fact remains that the indigenous language of the Nubians belongs to the same language family as the Nuba of Jabal Al Nuba. The Nilo-Saharans ancestors of the Nubians obviously assimilated the people they conquered when they settled in Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan. They might discriminate against those with more 'negroid' features today but isn't it ironic that their historical elites, ethnic identity and language was inherited from Charcoal Black Sudanic people?

The Nilo-Saharans who conquered them probably looked like the Nara of Eritrea who are very likely Nilo-Cushites instead of full blood Nilotes.

Not to derail the thread about this weird research outcome with Christian Nubians, but I made the Toubou fella with the uniparental I posted recently get G25 cords. MY quick modeling told me he was mostly Nilo Saharan with minor West African (totally ~68% SSA), and the rest North African, preferring pristine Early Neolithic and Late Neolithic MAR proxies over modern population with some minor Tunisian on scaled. With unscaled, I got a nice fit, but instead of Tunisian, it was Levantine Middle-Late Bronze Age and no West African. I used all the Sudanese samples in this one.

Last edited:

Trending