My Treatise on Polygamy in the Somali Community

I’ve noticed the majority of Somali men are ok with polygamy, yet the overwhelming majority of woman are vehemently against it....

the men getting multiple wives these days are mostly wastemen. If you can barely afford one family why get a second, other than for sex?

I believe polygamy should only take place when a successful man living within his means with a wife goes to get a second. He can obviously provide for both, and I don’t believe the two wives should feel animosity towards each other- they are sisters now!

If a man is making a ton of $$$ then sure go ahead get a second wife!
We are aware of the fact with Somali youth the girls outnumber the men by a solid amount. There aren’t enough men in general, but then when the woman’s preferences come into play it’s easy to see why we can have issues here!

Polygamy is a solution. A good man can take up to 4 wives and treat them with respect, provide them with financial assist, and bring them under his protection!

this is not meant to spark a gender war, I just want to show some positives of polygamy in the community!

obviously a negative would be a cab driver going to “marry” a minor in Somalia, impregnate them, and then come back. That is haram and not acceptable.

ladies and gents who are against the practice, explain why? No judgement just curious

Most of you are kids who have no business commenting on adults topics like this.

Polygamy doesn't work simply because a woman needs undivided sexual attention of a man. All that respect, financial shit is irrelevant. It is all about the hammer in bed. Polygamy is a big let down for women.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Most of you are kids who have no business commenting on adults topics like this.

Polygamy doesn't work simply because a woman needs undivided sexual attention of a man. All that respect, financial shit is irrelevant. It is all about the hammer in bed. Polygamy is a big let down for women.
I’m 20 years of age, and tbh I never understood the argument that younger people’s opinions are invaluable. This kind of backwards thinking is not the best for carrying on a gainful discussion on topic. Except for the case of a 14-15 yr olds who genuinely don’t know things.
Obviously they may have different sexual needs, but any real man can satisfy all his wives tbh, if you can’t provide emotionally physically and financially then keep one wife or not marry at all until your ready

I’m 20 years of age, and tbh I never understood the argument that younger people’s opinions are invaluable. This kind of backwards thinking is not the best for carrying on a gainful discussion on topic. Except for the case of a 14-15 yr olds who genuinely don’t know things.
Obviously they may have different sexual needs, but any real man can satisfy all his wives tbh, if you can’t provide emotionally physically and financially then keep one wife or not marry at all until your ready

Your opinions are worthless in this field, ma garatay ? You have no experience. How can a man who never swam or seen an ocean going to describe the waves to people ? Yaab.

I don't blame you. Most people have opinions on certain topcis like politics, relationships and sexuality without being in the field.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Your opinions are worthless in this field, ma garatay ? You have no experience. How can a man who never swam or seen an ocean going to describe the waves to people ? Yaab.

I don't blame you. Most people have opinions on certain topcis like politics, relationships and sexuality without being in the field.
I’ve seen it with my own eyes happen to my own people , I’d wager I have more maskax and knowledge than most on this forum, believe it or not lol

So yes, I do believe I am more than equipped to start a discourse on this topic, and I only ever speak on what I personally seen or know...I’m not too prideful to sit down and let others speak when I genuinely don’t know something
That’s why you don’t see me as often in tribal council or Somali politics... I know what I know and I know what I don’t know , sxb

and between us, my opinions are worth a lot more than yours , considering you’ve only tried to derail the subject rather than add to it .

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
The amount of men I heard that are broke and yet married a second wife by taking money from the 1st wife by saying they’ll use it for family business. Sigh men and their ego.

upload_2020-2-19_0-31-36.gif

Trending