My old house was haunted

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) In a court of law that's true but in science, it'some of the lowest form of evidence.

2) So... they exist but they show up only when they want to? How convenient for you lot. If something is true, it would leave behind traces of evidence. I don't think you need me to explain why your point was just plain ridiculous.

3) Ok, they're active mostly when human beings are programmed to be most alert? This basically explains why this superstition is held. Your senses are most alert during the night when it's dark. This is because our ancestors required alertness to survive in the night where vision was minimal. The feeling you get that something is watching you, the small noises you here, all these 'irregular' things that you mostly don't come across are just your brain implementing survival mode to ensure you survive. Now, fast forward to today and we still have these senses and they still spike in the night. As you see, nothing supernatural. Human beings are preprogrammed to give irrational explanations more prevalence over the rational because the rational explanation requires you take a chance whilst the irrational doesn't. For example, your ancestors are nomads who are walking through bushes in the middle of the night, the bushes begin to move. Now, rationally it's just the wind but if your wrong, you might be eaten by a predator. What do you do? RUN!

4) But we must have since many people on here are claiming to have observed their existence. Our eyes is a tool we can use but even that won't work because apparently they like to play a game of hide and seek with us.

5) This point is just ridiculous. The priest was already committing shirk before the jinn came along and thus it would make no sense. Also, in Islam, a non Muslim is held accountable to shirk not until they become Muslim. By this logic, most of all people who have ever existed are going to hell.

1) I'm pretty sure the scientific method begins with observations.
2) Alert? I don't know about you but I'm half asleep when it's late at night. Alert lmao, like how do people sleep if they're alert then?
3) I thought you just said that our experiences weren't reliable? So why are you using a person's eyes as a tool for your argument?
4)No, they don't play hide-and-seek, they're not supposed to show themselves to us anyway which is why for the majority of the time we can't see them.
5) It consolidated it, maybe the priest was thinking of converting to Islam, who knows. Who knows, maybe they are but I don't know.

We don't have the right equipment yet to find them caajiib:bell::mjlol: okay so I guess we don't have the right equipment to find the flying spaghetti monster too in that case these people are something else I tell you :bell:

You can't compare the flying spaghetti monster to the likes of Jinns and Aliens.
It even says "MONSTER" and mans out here making the dumbest comparisons.
Ultimately it's up to you if you want to believe whether or not there is other intelligent life out there but don't ridicule others for their views.

:lolbron: I've seen devils and jinns too back in my religous phase. Or atleast I thought i did. Little did I know I was subconsciously engaging in wishful thinking

Wishful seeing is the phenomenon in which a person's internal state influences their visual perception. People have the tendency to believe that they perceive the world for what it is, but research suggests otherwise. Currently, there are two main types of wishful seeing based on where wishful seeing occurs—in categorization of objects or in representations of an environment.

There is always a more rational explanation but people just wanna hold on their superstitions :whoa:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:birdman: Pull up nigga.
Don't turn your back!

6VYsYu8.png

Can u draw one for us?

I'm not a good drawer.

It was twice the size of a huge man, made of black smoke- face looked like it had a beard and he had the angriest face and his huge eyes were popping out, it's one of those things you remember but it's hard to explain. He didn't look human.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have poltergeist in your house

You bloody atheists are a headache, any excuse to bash our religion.

That old house was fucked up.

Wishful thinking? What a load of bullshit, I'm the most rational person there is, but hell if some shit happens, that can't be explained, what the hell can you do. I don't even talk, about it usually.

Don't demean other peoples experiences just because you've had none.

Last edited:
That old house was fucked up.

Wishful thinking? What a load of bullshit, I'm the most rational person there is, but hell if some shit happens, that can't be explained, what the hell can you do. I don't even talk, about it usually.

Don't demean other peoples experiences just because you've had none.
The mind wanders is all I'm saying. It's been programmed to detect danger where none exists were just wired that way. Some people call it jinn, others think it's a goblin, ancient Scandinavians thought it was a witch that sits on your stomach that causes sleep paralysis. How come they don't all report seeing the same creature if culture has nothing to do with it?

The mind wanders is all I'm saying. It's been programmed to detect danger where none exists were just wired that way. Some people call it jinn, others think it's a goblin, ancient Scandinavians thought it was a witch that sits on your stomach that causes sleep paralysis. How come they don't all report seeing the same creature if culture has nothing to do with it?

Dude, my mind doesn't wonder, I'm highly intelligent and a very rational being. Fact is shit happens, I experienced it, some people do some people don't.

Actually for sleep paralysis most people report similar accounts. How can millions of ppl who don't know each other report similar things?

1) I'm pretty sure the scientific method begins with observations.
2) Alert? I don't know about you but I'm half asleep when it's late at night. Alert lmao, like how do people sleep if they're alert then?
3) I thought you just said that our experiences weren't reliable? So why are you using a person's eyes as a tool for your argument?
4)No, they don't play hide-and-seek, they're not supposed to show themselves to us anyway which is why for the majority of the time we can't see them.
5) It consolidated it, maybe the priest was thinking of converting to Islam, who knows. Who knows, maybe they are but I don't know.

You can't compare the flying spaghetti monster to the likes of Jinns and Aliens.
It even says "MONSTER" and mans out here making the dumbest comparisons.
Ultimately it's up to you if you want to believe whether or not there is other intelligent life out there but don't ridicule others for their views.

Wabaa kadaarteh 1st your trying to link the none discovery of Jinns and wether there is other life forms across the universe based on our existence both have no correlation what so ever, let me explain one is a question of wether there is other life forms other then us based on the fact of our existence, < your trying to link this to something that hasn't been observed has no basis a fiction written on a book ie the jinn and your telling me im the one making dumb comparisons que ? so me posting about a unobserved undiscovered flying spaghetti monster has equal basis as the fairy tale called the jinn.

But believe what you want to believe do mental gymnastics as much as you want to so that you can enforce your faith even further, but be prepared to be called out and criticised after all it is a open forum with individuals holding different views and opinions.

Actually for sleep paralysis most people report similar accounts. How can millions of ppl who don't know each other report similar things?
:lolbron: No they're not all the same. Check out the diversity of fantasy creatures sorrounding sleep paralysis in this Wikipedia entry
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

I have no doubts you are a smart and capable individual. But even the smartest person can get reality augmenting hallucinations. Difference is rational people don't wear a medallion to protect them from said hallucination but recognize it as a fantasy their mind has conjured up. Religous people see it as a sign to read more ayahs

Wabaa kadaarteh 1st your trying to link the none discovery of Jinns and wether there is other life forms across the universe based on our existence both have no correlation what so ever, let me explain one is a question of wether there is other life forms other then us based on the fact of our existence, < your trying to link this to something that hasn't been observed has no basis a fiction written on a book ie the jinn and your telling me im the one making dumb comparisons que ? so me posting about a unobserved undiscovered flying spaghetti monster has equal basis as the fairy tale called the jinn.

But believe what you want to believe do mental gymnastics as much as you want to so that you can enforce your faith even further, but be prepared to be called out and criticised after all it is a open forum with individuals holding different views and opinions.

Fam, Aliens = Jinns.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Dude, my mind doesn't wonder, I'm highly intelligent and a very rational being. Fact is shit happens, I experienced it, some people do some people don't.

What does being intelligent have to do with anything? Isaac Newton was one of the smartest men to ever live, smartest in my opinion, yet he held delusions that would have you shocked.

As McLovin stated, people don't report similar things and stories vary. A Japanese person who hallucinates during sleep paralysis will claim that he saw some ancient Japanese demonic creature or an ancestor. Do you agree with him or do you dismiss him? After all, he experienced it.

Point is, people hallucinate things that they've been taught to believe. A Hindu will claim to have seen an ancient demonic Hindu creature, a Buddhist the same but it was a Buddhist one and so on.

Also, I have experienced sleep paralysis. There is nothing spooky about it. The science explains that shit.

What does being intelligent have to do with anything? Isaac Newton was one of the smartest men to ever live, smartest in my opinion, yet he held delusions that would have you shocked.

As McLovin stated, people don't report similar things and stories vary. A Japanese person who hallucinates during sleep paralysis will claim that he saw some ancient Japanese demonic creature or an ancestor. Do you agree with him or do you dismiss him? After all, he experienced it.

Point is, people hallucinate things that they've been taught to believe. A Hindu will claim to have seen an ancient demonic Hindu creature, a Buddhist the same but it was a Buddhist one and so on.

Also, I have experienced sleep paralysis. There is nothing spooky about it. The science explains that shit.

You people are always trying to push you satanic agenda, one day you will see.
:farole:

Give me your hooyas number so I can tell her she has the enemy living in her basement.
:siilaanyosmile:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You people are always trying to push you satanic agenda, one day you will see.
:farole:

Give me your hooyas number so I can tell her she has the enemy living in her basement.
:siilaanyosmile:

Satanic?! But I'm an atheist! The devil is a lie. You people are some of the most delusional people.

Also, stop stating that your rational. I mean, saying you saw invisible people (Lool) without a shred of evidence, says otherwise. Your religion as well as all religions are built on fear and threats. I mean, no wonder why you're afraid... you've been programmed to fear from the start.

Please, don't divert to stupid nonsense about me living in the closet. I'm only doing it because you Muslims are intolerant people. You complain at my supposed 'bashing of your religion' but forget that in 13 Muslims countries, I'd legally be killed.

Satanic?! But I'm an atheist! The devil is a lie. You people are some of the most delusional people.

Also, stop stating that your rational. I mean, saying you saw invisible people (Lool) without a shred of evidence, says otherwise. Your religion as well as all religions are built on fear and threats. I mean, no wonder why you're afraid... you've been programmed to fear from the start.

Please, don't divert to stupid nonsense about me living in the closet. I'm only doing it because you Muslims are intolerant people. You complain at my supposed 'bashing of your religion' but forget that in 13 Muslims countries, I'd legally be killed.

Look if you don't believe in god great for you, your allowed your own opinions and I'm not one to judge.

Not all Muslims are intolerant - obviously this is a sensitive subject as it's about your parents really isn't it?

This thread had nothing to do with religion, I just wanted ppl to share their spooky experiences- was meant to be entertaining but you've turned it to something dark and a reason to attack Muslim beliefs and ridicule it.

Why are you so hang up on islam, bash other religions for a change like a true atheist!

I just had a conversation over the phone with my evangelist friend who doesn't agree with me not I her on core issues but I tolerate her opinions because she is my friend. Not all Muslims are the same.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Look if you don't believe in god great for you, your allowed your own opinions and I'm not one to judge.

Not all Muslims are intolerant - obviously this is a sensitive subject as it's about your parents really isn't it?

This thread had nothing to do with religion, I just wanted ppl to share their spooky experiences- was meant to be entertaining but you've turned it to something dark and a reason to attack Muslim beliefs and ridicule it.

Why are you so hang up on islam, bash other religions for a change like a true atheist!

I just had a conversation over the phone with my evangelist friend who doesn't agree with me not I her on core issues but I tolerate her opinions because she is my friend. Not all Muslims are the same.

I criticise Christianity and other religion. In fact, all religion are equally false. However, I agree that I criticise Islam a lot more. Why is this? This is because I was born to this faith and thus I feel that I'm better suited to point out the fallacies within it. Of course other religions are nonsensical too but people focus on what hits home rather than criticise a distant and meaningless faith.

It's great that you're tolerant but I'm afraid you're an exception. Muslims in the west are the exception. They've been living the west for quite a while and thus it's not surprising. Your fellow religious folk back in Muslims lands, aren't so appreciative. You being friends with an evangelical is not the pretext of inter religious relations. They tend not to toerate each other very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts