My experience of modern day somali Guur part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Options? It depends on the girl, if she wants want big wedding then you have to fork out atleast 35k if she has low standards and cheap she would opt out for a small wedding.

It only depends on her if you give her the power. Let her know what your max is and tell her it's the best you can do. I used to talk about this early so no one catches feelings then realises we are too far apart.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
My experience of modern day somali Guur part 3

our new relationship began and the girl showered me with love and attention and i gave it back equally, slowly she grew on me and my original plan of letting her go easy faded away.

now as her parents were no longer in the picture our love bloomed and we reach a level of love never before, but her mother was always in the back of my mind.

the girl rejected all the men her parents had offered her, unsurprisingly the men all had one thing in common they were all from wealthy families. i asked her why she would choose a simple life with me when she could live an easy lavish life, to which she answered my heart chose you and no man can take your place no matter the offer.

for the first time she came over to my place alone, and as the eldest of her family i remembered her telling me how she did all the cooking and cleaning at the house. as a surprise i decided to cook her, her favourite dish (chicken alfrdo with broccoli). after dining we decided to watch a romantic comedy while eating dessert, as the evening went on we got affectionate and things happened.

we met like this several other times till the girls parents got word of our affair, they were enraged at the thought that the girl was meeting me under their nose without their knowledge.

the girls parents contacted mine with an ultimatum either your son leaves our daughter alone or we are bring odayaal and set our case in front of the community.

on the same day this happened i got a call from back home while at work it was my mother, i was shocked because she never calls me on the normal line, we usually made contact through viber etc...
she broke the news to me and asked me to promise her i would leave the girl and her family alone, so i promised.

the ending of this story will be part 4

i misspelled alfrdo as writing al:fredo: would show that face :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:

Reborn
I don't understand this. Surely if you reminded the girl's mother about the Islamic practices on marriage that would've changed her mind. And if this was brought in front of the community wouldn't this bring immense shame to her family for being shallow and accepting the wishes of their daughter????

Nomad2054

I don't understand this. Surely if you reminded the girl's mother about the Islamic practices on marriage that would've changed her mind. And if this was brought in front of the community wouldn't this bring immense shame to her family for being shallow and accepting the wishes of their daughter????

yes it would show them as gold diggers but the same time it would hurt our family too, it would be a mutual destructions for both families reputation.

Nomad2054

and her i was preparing to write part 4 but yall let this thread die now am wondering is the story even worth finishing???

:ayaanswag:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
after years of playing in the mud i had finally made a conscious choice to get my act together, get serious about life and find a wife whom to share a xalaal life with.

short time after i found a woman who fit my ideals, she was educated, hard working, cultured and modern. After months of talking the girl fell head over heals for me and caught feeling for her. we talked about our future life together and since she had a job she insisted she would help me out with the costs and i agreed.

my new life could only be described as a dream until her parents came into the picture, our parents knew each other from the kacaan era and we are related but unknown to me our fathers hated each other, so we decided to go with our mothers for our affairs.

the girls mother welcomed me with open arms and stated several times that she would help us with anything, she treated me like her son and i saw her as my own mother.

when time for the meher came the girls mothers asked me to pay10k dollars meher on the spot plus another 10k on gold since her daughter was educated. i respectfully decline and instead said i could only afford to pay 5k for the meher and buy gold worth 5k.

after going forth and back my offer was accepted and me and the girl got our meher, i was so happy because i had fulfilled 50% of my diin, and me and my new wife agreed we wouldnt do anything before the wedding night.

the girl and i had several discussion about our wedding and what it would cost we agreed 10k would be enough, until the girl had a talk with her mother who said nothing less than 20k would do.

all hell broke lose my mother and the girls mother broke relations still we continued our relationship, short time after the girls parents started pushing to call off our meher and choose one of several men they had wanted her to marry instead.

i got so pissed and decided to call the girls mother up and talk to her myself, she said eedo i can give you 6 month to a gather the 20k, to which i replied i couldnt possible save up that much in such a short time.

while the girl was seated next to her she said eedo i need you to let my daughter go, by then i was done with this family but i had never divorced anyone before so i didnt know the words to say, the mother said the words out loud and i repeated after her and the meher was over.

Hoorta this story is so funny I almost pee'ed on myself lol

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
what where your thoughts Basra.

My dear my thoughts are--- WHERE IN OUR ISLAM does it say Marrying is half your religion. THAT IS A LIE!!! Marrying is part of Aqida. It is a sunna not half of your religion. Like Prophet Yusuf pbuh was half of human beauty>??? WRONG!

As to your matter. I dont believe your story walaal. It is a good story to read and chuckle over but not for real.

If it is real 1%.....chance....I say I am sorry u were not strong enough to handle your family. U should have grabbed her hand, grab two witness ---Muslim clergy I hope and go marry her Islamically. A bag of good dates and xalwo would have been sufficient for her meher.

Nomad2054

My dear my thoughts are--- WHERE IN OUR ISLAM does it say Marrying is half your religion. THAT IS A LIE!!! Marrying is part of Aqida. It is a sunna not half of your religion. Like Prophet Yusuf pbuh was half of human beauty>??? WRONG!

As to your matter. I dont believe your story walaal. It is a good story to read and chuckle over but not for real.

If it is real 1%.....chance....I say I am sorry u were not strong enough to handle your family. U should have grabbed her hand, grab two witness ---Muslim clergy I hope and go marry her Islamically. A bag of good dates and xalwo would have been sufficient for her meher.

i must say the guur being 50% of the diin has been a view held by many and since it protects one from zina and all that comes with it i never had a reason to question it.

whether this is story is real on not we shall find out in part 4, thank you you for sharing your thought oh wise basra.

:samwelcome:

Nomad2054

My experience of modern day somali Guur part 4

months had passed without either of us getting in touch with the other, when i got word that the girl had a meher and was to be married soon. before this moment even though we had not been in contact i still had hopes but that was over now.

as the saying goes "bad habits die hard" and after failing my first attempt of going legit i fell back on bad habits.
i found myself a willing participant to play along the game of musical chairs.

weeks after the girls marriage went down successfully
without asking i had people tell me about it, but i cared very little as i had replaced her with some one else.

a month into their marriage the girl and the guy divorced, the night of her divorce a numbered i didnt know called me, i answered and it was the girl she said my name and i replied with what do you want.

she went on to explain her situation after pleading with me for a while, she said when my mother found out about us she gave me an ultimatum "duco mise habaar" (a curse or a blessing). pick one go with this guy (me) and be disowned by the family or go with the one i have chosen for you.

the guy was the son of her mothers female friend and was in a desperate need of a woman, his mother found the hook up since he was an incel who couldnt fend for himself.

the girl went on and said my marriage with the guy started falling apart from day one due to lack of communication, lack of interest and lack of affection. how was any of this my problem i asked, thats when she started talking about how she always loved me and how it was her mother choice to marry the guy.

as far as i was concerned i had a new girl and i didnt care for my ex much, so i wished her luck and said goodbye as she begged i hanged up and blocked the number.

fortunately/ unfortunately there has to be a part 5 to end this story.

looking forward to your thoughts of how the story is going so far.:rolleyes:

Reborn
yes it would show them as gold diggers but the same time it would hurt our family too, it would be a mutual destructions for both families reputation.

If she truly wanted to marry you then she would yours already :farmajoyaab:
So did you see any early signs from her that her mother controls everything (before the wedding plan)?
Also, where is her father in this?

Nomad2054

If she truly wanted to marry you then she would yours already :farmajoyaab:
So did you see any early signs from her that her mother controls everything (before the wedding plan)?
Also, where is her father in this?

no actual i so no early signs but after the meher issue i was more then aware, at first they looked to me like a mother and daughter who were very close.

i stated in my original post our fathers had issues with each other from decades ago, thats why the girls mother was put in charge.

My experience of modern day somali Guur part 4

months had passed without either of us getting in touch with the other, when i got word that the girl had a meher and was to be married soon. before this moment even though we had not been in contact i still had hopes but that was over now.

as the saying goes "bad habits die hard" and after failing my first attempt of going legit i fell back on bad habits.
i found myself a willing participant to play along the game of musical chairs.

weeks after the girls marriage went down successfully
without asking i had people tell me about it, but i cared very little as i had replaced her with some one else.

a month into their marriage the girl and the guy divorced, the night of her divorce a numbered i didnt know called me, i answered and it was the girl she said my name and i replied with what do you want.

she went on to explain her situation after pleading with me for a while, she said when my mother found out about us she gave me an ultimatum "duco mise habaar" (a curse or a blessing). pick one go with this guy (me) and be disowned by the family or go with the one i have chosen for you.

the guy was the son of her mothers female friend and was in a desperate need of a woman, his mother found the hook up since he was an incel who couldnt fend for himself.

the girl went on and said my marriage with the guy started falling apart from day one due to lack of communication, lack of interest and lack of affection. how was any of this my problem i asked, thats when she started talking about how she always loved me and how it was her mother choice to marry the guy.

as far as i was concerned i had a new girl and i didnt care for my ex much, so i wished her luck and said goodbye as she begged i hanged up and blocked the number.

fortunately/ unfortunately there has to be a part 5 to end this story.

looking forward to your thoughts of how the story is going so far.:rolleyes:

The habaar vs dua is something my hooyo would do gotta love our hooyos!!! Loooooool honestly i dont want to be mean but begging and crying for a nin is hella weak, so many fishes in the sea. I'm a strong believer of calaf whats meant to be yours is already written no point begging.

I also feel like you led her on and gave her hope during part 3 so im not suprised now that she called you again. You shouldve given that women proper closure.

Nomad2054

The habaar vs dua is something my hooyo would do gotta love our hooyos!!! Loooooool honestly i dont want to be mean but begging and crying for a nin is hella weak, so many fishes in the sea. I'm a strong believer of calaf whats meant to be yours is already written no point begging.

I also feel like you led her on and gave her hope during part 3 so im not suprised now that she called you again. You shouldve given that women proper closure.

well the habaar ama duco was what killed my mojo so no love there.

i agree no woman or man should ever beg the other to stay but you must look at context. no woman ever cries for a man that aint worth her tears and as a woman you know this to be true.

you are right on part 3 but hey am only human and it takes 2 to tango dont forget that, we actually both need a closure but maybe it should be coming from me.

good analysis Zainab thank you for the lovely insight.

Nomad2054

My experience of modern day somali Guur part 5

the ending of the saga and the big reveal

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you guys enjoy reading such stories let me know and with that :trumpsmirk: the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending