Muslims are being oppressed by Ethiopian Orthodox Christians in Aksum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christians are not allowed into Mecca, because it is holiest city same with Medina. The fact that there is muslims in Axum means it isnt as holy as you want us to believe.

Besides Saudi Arabias constitution doesnt pretend to be fair. In Saudi constitution Islam is the only religion they accept unlike in Ethiopia where there is freedom of religion. Your arguments are void and null, they make zero sense. Just admit it that what is happening in Axum is infact oppression.
:bell:

The fact that there are Muslims in Axum freely praying even renting homes from Christians shows they have the rights and there is tolerance. No one is stopping from existing. Oppression implies they are being prevented from being Muslims in Axum when that is not the case.

We do not care what is holy for you. If christians are allowed to build a church in Godey, which is 99% muslim, we are allowed to build a mosque in the center of Aksum. If an entire city is off limits to the construction of mosques, then all of Somali region is off limits.

Ethiopia as a state has avoided religious tensions largely because the state has been even handed. The government allows muslims and christians to build wherever they want. I do not want ethiopians muslims to become radicalized and this is precisely the kind of thing that stirs up the religious pot. Incredibly stupid of Tigray region that they have allowed this.

btw Harar is known as "the fourth holy city of Islam". If no churches can be built in Aksum non should exist in Harar.

I don't want to repeat myself. I already made the point on why Axum is considered Holy.

P.S. it's not because it's 90% Christian.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Lilafrombole if there is a place in Ethiopia where mosques should not be built, are there also places where churches cannot be built?

You say the people of Aksum should be able to block a mosque, but why can't the people of Harar block a church? what is the legal difference between Aksum and Harar?

@Lilafrombole if there is a place in Ethiopia where mosques should not be built, are there also places where churches cannot be built?

You say the people of Aksum should be able to block a mosque, but why can't the people of Harar block a church? what is the legal difference between Aksum and Harar?
She’s been dancing around answering this question for like two pages now and is somehow pretending I was asking her about Orthodox Christianity.

Over it. She’s already exposed herself anyway.

I already answered this. I recommend you read what i wrote....or don't:manny:

She’s been dancing around answering this question for like two pages now and is somehow pretending I was asking her about Orthodox Christianity.

Over it. She’s already exposed herself anyway.

:gucciwhat:Your reading comprehension is embarrassing. I will not address you seriously from on.

The fact that there are Muslims in Axum freely praying even renting homes from Christians shows they have the rights and there is tolerance. No one is stopping from existing. Oppression implies they are being prevented from being Muslims in Axum when that is not the case.

What is this diarrhea you are spewing? They are not allowed to build house of worship, even though they pay taxes and are citizens of tigray and indigenous to the region. If two tax paying private citizens dont have same rights it is oppression. Once again all your comparisons make zero sense!

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
I already answered this. I recommend you read what i wrote....or don't:manny:

I swear I am not trying to troll you. It is a very simple question:

If there is a place in Ethiopia where mosques should not be built, are there also places where churches cannot be built?

I think that there is no place in Ethiopia where mosques/churches cannot be built because it is a secular state shared by muslims/Christians. What is your answer to this question?

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
What is this diarrhea you are spewing? They are not allowed to build house of worship, even though they pay taxes and are citizens of tigray and indigenous to the region. If two tax paying private citizens dont have same rights it is oppression. Once again all your comparisons make zero sense!

@Loyan I never imagined that Ethiopians would be stupid enough to do this kind of thing. The only thing that would break Ethiopia in two is if it started to act as a christian country.

The downfall of Ethiopia would cause Somalia a lot of problems, making it more difficult for Somalis to prosper. We should strive for a stable Horn. It's in our self-interest, after all.

Only if we are in a better position economically and politically, otherwise it isnt in our interest in the long run. We would be dependant on Ethiopia and a mere puppet state.

They have huge influence in the region and they will meddle in our affairs. Their disintigration is in our interest aswell. I might argue that it is better that they disintigrate. The problems that creates are manageable, but is the advantage they have on us right now something that we can overcome @The alchemist?

Last edited:
Only if we are in a better position economically and politically, otherwise it isnt in our interest in the long run. We would be dependant on Ethiopia and a mere puppet state.

They have huge influence in the region and they will meddle in our affairs. Their disintigration is in our interest aswell. I might argue that it is better that they disintigrate. The problems that creates are manageable, but is the advantage they have on us right now something that we can overcome @The alchemist?
I understand what you're saying. But disintegration is rarely a peaceful thing. Imagine if a civil war breaks out, and people suddenly start to flood into SO/SL? It would not be manageable at all. Disintegration causes unpredictability, which we may not be equipped to handle.

I recognize the power imbalance in the Horn is stacked up against us, but we can use that to our advantage. Creating stronger economic ties in the region would help boost our economy.

I think most of our problems are internal, making us more susceptible to external threats. A fragmented Ethiopia would be good for us if we had a stronger, more unified Somalia.

I understand what you're saying. But disintegration is rarely a peaceful thing. Imagine if a civil war breaks out, and people suddenly start to flood into SO/SL? It would not be manageable at all. Disintegration causes unpredictability, which we may not be equipped to handle.

I recognize the power imbalance in the Horn is stacked up against us, but we can use that to our advantage. Creating stronger economic ties in the region would help boost our economy.

I think most of our problems are internal, making us more susceptible to external threats. A fragmented Ethiopia would be good for us if we had a stronger, more unified Somalia.

You have a greate point but I dont think that Somalia would be their first destination in case of disintigration, there are plenty of other countries that could take refugees and offer them better lifes. There is virtually no reason for them to head eastward. They probably would go to Kenya and other African countries.

Last edited:
You have greate point but I dont think that Somalia would be their first destination in case of disintigration, there are plenty of other countries that could take refugees and offer them better lifes. There is virtually no reason for them to head eastward. They probably would go to Kenya and other African countries.
You are correct. Still, there would be guaranteed collateral damage which we are not equipped to handle.

Remember that Arabs came to Somalia/land after their countries went to hell.

You are correct. Still, there would be guaranteed collateral damage which we are not equipped to handle.

Remember that Arabs came to Somalia/land after their countries went to hell.

They wont come in big numbers and propably head to SL wich controls it borders and can close them, if they feel threatened. Their disintigration(Itoobiya) should always be on the table.

They are rivals we can foster closer ties economically and politically only if we are on the same playingfield. Otherwise its servitudeship and Ethiopian leaderahip will never want a strong Somalia on their borders.

Last edited:
The disintegration of SL? kkk Dude, I'm from SL.
tenor.gif

Let's find a better solution to this. Aiight?

No I meant Itoobiya. @The alchemist I changed it, gotta proofread my posts.
:wowsweat:

No I meant Itoobiya wallee.
The disintegration of Ethiopia would be in the best interest of Somalia if we had real capable people controlling the country with a good intelligence agency, a sizable army that is professionally organized, and a more substantial purchasing power to fund it all.

But we have to think long term. The disintegration of a country with a population of over 105 million is crazy.

The annual growth of the Ethiopian GDP is over 10%, which is a lot. Its economy can boost ours.

The disintegration of Ethiopia would be in the best interest of Somalia if we had real capable people controlling the country with a good intelligence agency, a sizable army that is professionally organized, and a more substantial purchasing power to fund it all.

But we have to think long term. The disintegration of a country with a population of over 105 million is crazy.

The annual growth of the Ethiopian GDP is over 10%, which is a lot. Its economy can boost ours.

You are right thats why I said always. Sxb Itoobiya is a fake country that can survive only under dictatorship. Ethiopia needs Mengistu, Meles Zenawi, Haile Selasiie etc. The country is full of snakes and if Abiy is too soft they will bite. He needs to toughen up.

Your argument is valid and I agree with it, but their disintegration from my point of view is inevitable. Ethiopia will face a slow death or a quick one and now I hope its the slow one. A process that started the day Meles Zenawi died, its upto us now if we are ready to take advantage of it when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts