Muslims are being oppressed by Ethiopian Orthodox Christians in Aksum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The population of Muslims in that area is 10%. If 10% of Somalis in Mogadishu left Islam would you allow them to build a church?
I would allow it. If it were a sizable group.

Angola has a rule that it will only legitimatize mosques if the Muslim populace exceeds one hundred thousand in that region, which it doesn't. I don't hear people criticize the nation.

My argument still stands. Ethiopia is a nation that prides itself for the diversity it has; maybe it should practice what it preaches.

Muji

VIP
I would allow it. If it were a sizable group.

Angola has a rule that it will only legitimate mosques if the Muslim populace exceeds one hundred thousand in that region, which it doesn't. I don't hear people criticize the nation.

My argument still stands. Ethiopia is a nation that prides itself for the diversity it has; maybe it should practice what it preaches.

Well then at least you are consistent

I’m arguing with people who have admitted they would never allow a church to be built in Somalia and I believe they make up the majority of Somalis.

As for my view ofcourse I believe these Christians should allow their Muslim neighbours to have a mosque. No hypocrisy here.

Yes there was a very large cathedral church built by the Italians not Somalis.

Also there are Christian Somalis, if you googled this you would find them within seconds. Somalis are not even allowed to live openly as a Christian in Somalia and yet you are wondering why these Ethiopian Christians are being intolerant.

I don’t like the hypocrisy that’s being displayed here. We have people threatening Ilhan because she supports gay rights but also crying when Muslims are oppressed. You either support for freedom for all or live as a hypocrite.
Yes, built by christians and it was allowed, left alone even after they had left. There was never a distinct Christian Somali community, there were very few individual people like Micheal Maryama who was a diplomat and Somali nationalist well respected and was part of the government. I think he was raised in a Christian orphanage, not from an actual existing Christian Somali community.

I’m not talking about Christians in the diaspora I mean in Somalia, point me to a Christian community that has been denied a church ever?

Somalis post war are hardly tolerant of anything there was a civil war so of course it would be unwise to try and live as an open Christian when AS is still around.

You’re missing the point. Ethiopia is like half Muslim and they have churches in Galbeed, a fully Muslim and Somali region. These people they’re denying a Masjid are in their home city and are a while 10%.

Your comparisons aren’t making any sense.

Muji

VIP
Yes, built by christians and it was allowed, left alone even after they had left. There was never a distinct Christian Somali community, there were very few individual people like Micheal Maryama who was a diplomat and Somali nationalist well respected and was part of the government. I think he was raised in a Christian orphanage, not from an actual existing Christian Somali community.

I’m not talking about Christians in the diaspora I mean in Somalia, point me to a Christian community that has been denied a church ever?

Somalis post war are hardly tolerant of anything there was a civil war so of course it would be unwise to try and live as an open Christian when AS is still around.

You’re missing the point. Ethiopia is like half Muslim and they have churches in Galbeed, a fully Muslim and Somali region. These people they’re denying a Masjid are in their home city and are a while 10%.

Your comparisons aren’t making any sense.

OK You are boring me now. I’m not even going to find you the pictures of the ransacked cathedral, nor the law forbidden Muslims to leave Islam.

The Somalis outside of war torn Somalia are not muched different to the ones in there! We have people threatening to kill ilhan a public official for going to a gay parade and here you are pretending Somalis are bastions of tolerance.

OK You are boring me now. I’m not even going to find you the pictures of the ransacked cathedral, nor the law forbidden Muslims to leave Islam.

The Somalis outside of war torn Somalia are not muched different to the ones in there! We have people threatening to kill ilhan a public official for going to a gay parade and here you are pretending Somalis are bastions of tolerance.
The Cathedral was ransacked with literally the rest of the city lol... it wasn’t targeted. There was a war.

I’m saying the comparison doesn’t make sense, the circumstances are different.

Beside that I’m also saying Somalis do have a history of being tolerant, before the war.

There is 5 mosques 15km from Axum. The reason they are not allowing it in Axum is because the church that holds the Talbot is located there, which is why they compare it to building a church at Mecca. For those of you who don't know the Talbot contains the ten commandments and the original one is said to be located in Axum. Muslims can worship freely in Axum. They just can't build a mosque.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
There is 5 mosques 15km from Axum. The reason they are not allowing it in Axum is because the church that holds the Talbot is located there, which is why they compare it to building a church at Mecca. For those of you who don't know the Talbot contains the ten commandments and the original one is said to be located in Axum. Muslims can worship freely in Axum. They just can't build a mosque.
The site was looted by Ahmed Gurey and if the Ark of the Covenant was ever there, taken by Ahmed Gurey and would be lost somewhere in Somalia

The site was looted by Ahmed Gurey and if the Ark of the Covenant was ever there, taken by Ahmed Gurey and would be lost somewhere in Somalia
The comparison to Mecca, which is holy to a quarter of earths inhabitants is silly.

Literally the only people who believe it is located there or it’s a holy city are Ethiopian Christians, no other group.

Beside it’s a religious tenet not to have it built in Mecca I don’t think it’s a Christian tenet just what they feel no?

Btw, does Mecca have a Christian community? Genuine question, or even Saudi in general?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The comparison to Mecca, which is holy to a quarter of earths inhabitants is silly.

Literally the only people who believe it is located there or it’s a holy city are Ethiopian Christians, no other group.

Beside it’s a religious tenet not to have it built in Mecca I don’t think it’s a Christian tenet just what they feel no?

Btw, does Mecca have a Christian community? Genuine question, or even Saudi in general?
No. The Prophet pbuh in one of his last speeches said that no two religions can exist in the Arabian peninsula.

There are only a minority Shia in Eastern province and atheists and irreligious people

No. The Prophet pbuh in one of his last speeches said that no two religions can exist in the Arabian peninsula.

There are only a minority Shia in Eastern province and atheists and irreligious people
Yeah, I just googled it. There are Christian expats and foreign workers, but no Saudi Christian community.

That is the point tho. It only matters that Ethiopians Orthodox believe to be a holy city. We don't need half the earth to believe in it in order to consider it as such. As I pointed out. Muslims are allowed to worship freely and without restriction. They just can't build a mosque. I think it may have to do with the loud speaker and the call to prayer, but i am not sure.

World

VIP
Us Muslims consider Harar to be Holy & yet we allow many Churches to be built within the city.

The people of Axum need to be fair & do the right thing by allowing their fellow Muslim countrymen to build a Mosque in the city.
The only holy Muslim places are: Mecca, Madinah and Jerusalem.

If it's against the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian religion for a mosque to be built in Axum, then the Muslim residents should just move elsewhere.

That is the point tho. It only matters that Ethiopians Orthodox believe to be a holy city. We don't need half the earth to believe in it in order to consider it as such. As I pointed out. Muslims are allowed to worship freely and without restriction. They just can't build a mosque. I think it may have to do with the loud speaker and the call to prayer, but i am not sure.
Would you also support the people of Harar banning churches as many of them believe it to be one of the holiest sites in Islam? It’s also a holy and historic city for Muslims.

Edit: I just read the posts after your last comment to me, seems the point has already been made. What do you think?

If it's against the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian religion for a mosque to be built in Axum, then the Muslim residents should just move elsewhere.
There is something wrong with you, it seems you’ve lost it in most your posts.

It’s not a part of their religion. It’s just how the cities inhabitants feel, so your post is irrelevant and nonsensical.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Harar is the 4th holiest city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts