Muslim Men's responsibility in marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
I love Rochelle!

I have a genuine question though:

Why are most Somali men taxi and truck drivers? Even the young ones here do it.

Why not be a city bus driver? You work for the city and they have insurance, vacations etc.

great question!

what Ive heard is bus driving is more pressure/ and a harder schedule and they are too lazy to commit to it, but taxi driving is pretty laid back, the more hard working guys go to truck driving, I never saw a somali bus driver ever.

Just mostly limo/taxis. Why do you think?

great question!

what Ive heard is bus driving is more pressure/ and a harder schedule and they are too lazy to commit to it, but taxi driving is pretty laid back, the more hard working guys go to truck driving, I never saw a somali bus driver ever.

Just mostly limo/taxis. Why do you think?

I have seen two in my city; an older adeer and a younger guy.

Not going to lie, the young dude was kinda good-looking. :banderas:

But anyways, I thought the same thing, they don't really wanna be committed. That then transfers over to other areas of their lives.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Also I want to add, Ive never seen a Somali man speak openly about the responsibilities somali men have to our community. Never :gaasdrink:

Also I want to add, Ive never seen a Somali man speak openly about the responsibilities somali men have to our community. Never :gaasdrink:

Right?

I do not get it. I know that the younger generation (under 30) of Somali guys are not doing that great.

So, what's going on? Where are the Male Somali leaders of our community?:farmajoyaab:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Right?

I do not get it. I know that the younger generation (under 30) of Somali guys are not doing that great.

So, what's going on? Where are the Male Somali leaders of our community?:farmajoyaab:

I made a thread providing solutions they can use, all I got was mostly hate from the Somali men :mjlol: they dont want to be saved , lets just help the women :salute:

also

what male somali leaders dont kill me :drakelaugh:i dont see any

200.gif

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Do we even have community leaders? Lol

I have never seen Somali men saying how they have specific responsibilities to our community as men spoken at any
  • tribal meeting
  • community organization
  • somali school
  • tea shop
  • hospital
  • prison
or anywhere :drakelaugh: you guys cant lead us, so its making it easier for women to take over :salute:

I have never seen Somali men saying how they have specific responsibilities to our community as men spoken at any
  • tribal meeting
  • community organization
  • somali school
  • tea shop
  • hospital
  • prison
or anywhere :drakelaugh: you guys cant lead us, so its making it easier for women to take over :salute:

Hmmmm idk maybe. Firstly are you also from UK? Secondly where can u find a platform for such leadership in diaspora?

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Hmmmm idk maybe. Firstly are you also from UK? Secondly where can u find a platform for such leadership in diaspora?

my area doesnt matter, but to be a leader in your own community find a problem plaguing it and try to fix it. If you notice single mothers in your community are having a hard time helping their kids with homework start a Somali home work club.

If you see somali men who want to leave the lazy life and go back to school, help them get in contact with resources that can help them, take them to the local university/college and set up a meeting with a academic advisor, theres so much problems in out community but people are just lazy :mjlol:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
There's a lot of sheekhs that speak about the responsibilities of a man in fact I was at one seminar

They were talking about how to be a better dad only 10 people showed up lol half was youth

Later when it was the females turn for their session they filled almost all the seats Lol

Talk about priorities

The mens responsibility isn't to pay for everything your gonna put many brother's off marriage the way your describing marriage like its just a paycheck

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
The mens responsibility isn't to pay for everything your gonna put many brother's off marriage the way your describing marriage like its just a paycheck

What do you think the guy should pay for?

If someone isn't willing to provide provide roof and put food on the table and take care of his wife and kids needs maybe that person is better off not getting married don't you think

Last edited:
What do you think the guy should pay for?

If someone isn't willing to provide provide roof and put food on the table and take care of his wife and kids needs maybe that person is better off not getting married don't you think
Yes but what if the brother cant afford to that alone than what do you want him to do stay single with no family forever

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
my area doesnt matter, but to be a leader in your own community find a problem plaguing it and try to fix it. If you notice single mothers in your community are having a hard time helping their kids with homework start a Somali home work club.

If you see somali men who want to leave the lazy life and go back to school, help them get in contact with resources that can help them, take them to the local university/college and set up a meeting with a academic advisor, theres so much problems in out community but people are just lazy :mjlol:
You make a really good point. Why don't you do something about it?

All these Halimos complaining about Somali men being lazy and unambitious...

How about you guys first deal with your drug dealing/gang-banging brothers and male relatives before you focus on men who have nothing to do with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending