Muslim Men's responsibility in marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
In order to clear up misconceptions of what people were taught. I figure I could try and educate some people.

Here are the responsibility of a Muslim man when he is married.

During the Marriage
  • Providing financially for his wife and child(ren)
  • Paying her Mehr
  • Supporting the family
  • Providing accommodation for the family
  • Treating the family kind

After the Marriage
  • Providing financially for his children
  • Paying the Mehr if not already done so

Now some people might argue they don't have to pay Mehr if its not in the marriage contract. An answer to that is:

"The mahr is not a condition or essential part of the marriage-contract, according to the majority of fuqahaa’; rather it is one of the consequences of the contract. If the marriage-contract is done without any mention of the Mehr, it is still valid, according to the consensus of the majority"

But I find in 2017 most Muslim men as soon as they get married want to be Secular and demand the woman pay half for everything. :chrisfreshhah: Then if they get divorced he wants half of her income :drakelaugh:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
What do you do? Why investing in marriage? If I don't benefit then what the point.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
society benefits from happy marriages

happy marriages = happy families = happy kids
I was talking about how I personally benefit. Which isn't much. I'll always been giving. With all the effort I'm putting in what I'm I receiving? Very little. And people wonder why men are not interested in marriage today.

GeelJirito

Qram Qram Jaw
In order to clear up misconceptions of what people were taught. I figure I could try and educate some people.

During the Marriage
  • Paying her Mehr
  • Supporting the family

After the Marriage

Now some people might argue they don't have to pay Mehr if its not in the marriage contract. An answer to that is:

^ I like this,
the rest :trash:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

During the Marriage
  • Paying her Mehr
  • Supporting the family

After the Marriage

But I find in 2017 most Muslim men as soon as they get married want to be Secular and demand the woman pay half for everything. :chrisfreshhah: Then if they get divorced he wants half of her income :drakelaugh:

Also to add many people rush to get married in their early 20s cause its sunnah I see this alot back home with no job and money to provide the spouse,put food on the table and meet her living needs

When acctually it says

"young men, whoever among you can afford to get married, let him do so, and whoever cannot afford it, let him fast"

I just find it funny how a lot of Muslim men don't know their responsibilities, but yet know their rights' and what Women's responsibilities are.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
I just find it funny how a lot of Muslim men don't know their responsibilities, but yet know their rights' and what Women's responsibilities are.

Isn't that crazy? Or that they don't understand that they have a hijab too :ayaanswag:

Can you make a women's responsibility in marriage? should be interesting, btw I agree with everything you said.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
They do, they don't care. Laakin they know all that we are supposed to do for them, plus more. Get yo shidh together.

then that's not Islam :ayaanswag:

wouldn't any Muslim man stop and think and go " I think i should learn my responsibilities in life" :noneck: if they dont then thats insane

then that's not Islam :ayaanswag:

wouldn't any Muslim man stop and think and go " I think i should learn my responsibilities in life" :noneck: if they dont then thats insane

If they did, then we wouldn't have a high divorce rate. And Hooyos wouldn't be crying talking about how their husbands don't help them with anything. And women wouldn't be telling young girls who are to-be married that their husband to-be is like another child. It's a serious problem.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
If they did, then we wouldn't have a high divorce rate. And Hooyos wouldn't be crying talking about how their husbands don't help them with anything. And women wouldn't be telling young girls who are to-be married that their husband to-be is like another child. It's a serious problem.

maybe its end times :drakelaugh: cause i dont understand the stupidity of this age

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Seems reasonable to me :manny:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

by getting 2 jobs :ayaanswag: you make them you support them :mahubowtf:, if somali men worked harder the women in our community can quit the shitty jobs they were forced to do.

xvZWpgt.gif

But we can never use that reason cause somali men dont wanna work :mahubowtf:

by getting 2 jobs :ayaanswag: you make them you support them :mahubowtf:, if somali men worked harder the women in our community can quit the shitty jobs they were forced to do.

xvZWpgt.gif

But we can never use that reason cause somali men dont wanna work :mahubowtf:

I love Rochelle!

I have a genuine question though:

Why are most Somali men taxi and truck drivers? Even the young ones here do it.

Why not be a city bus driver? You work for the city and they have insurance, vacations etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts