• True, we lack centralization

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No, we don't lack it but will move regardless

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In Somalia, if one clan created a centralized state capable of imposing order on the country, this could lead to economic benefits and make this clan richer. What stop this? The main barrier to political centralization is again a form of fear from change: any clan, group or politician attempting to centralize power in the state will also be centralizing power in their own hands, and this is likely to meet the ire of other clans, groups, and individuals, who would be the political losers of this process. Lack of political centralization means not only lack of law and order in much of a territory but also there being many actors with sufficient powers to block, or disrupt things, and the fear of their opposition and violent reaction will often deter many- would be centralizers. Political centralization is likely only when one group of people is sufficiently more powerful than others to build a state. In Somalia, power is evenly balanced, and no one clan impose its will on any other. Therefore, the lack of political centralization persists (p.87)."

I think it true, but how do y'all see it? :manny:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
theres a better chance of you waking up as queen Elizabeth tomorrow than a central government being formed gone are the days where everything is in one city Alhamdulillah

theres a better chance of you waking up as queen Elizabeth tomorrow than a central government being formed gone are the days where everything is in one city Alhamdulillah

Centralization doesn't mean a central government but rather that a legitmate government with the ability to centralize things such as law or polce force on a regional basis.

I see the problem is that even regional governments lack this power :manny:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Centralization doesn't mean a central government but rather that a legitmate government with the ability to centralize things such as law or polce force on a regional basis.

I see the problem is that even regional governments lack this power :manny:
I want to see a central government that's a paper tiger that doesn't have much power to impose their will. I want to see all the power in the hands of the federal states.

If this is true than central authority should belong to darood, we have the most land, a proven track record and the foresight to run the country. Just keepin it real

I want to see a central government that's a paper tiger that doesn't have much power to impose their will. I want to see all the power in the hands of the federal states.

I think a US model may benefit Somalia, where the federal government enforce things that goes beyond the regional government like immigration or foreign policy and conduct education and health-care. :birdman:

Other areas regional states can decide. :manny:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I think a US model may benefit Somalia, where the federal government enforce things that goes beyond the regional government like immigration or foreign policy and conduct education and health-care. :birdman:

Other areas regional states can decide. :manny:
Gone are the days of siad barre no tribe trusts another sheekoda Maxa mareeysa meeshada ku eekow there's no love lost a prime example is you & your disdain for puntland hidden under the vail of nationalism masquerading as a wadani yet you're a Cuqdad ridden qabiliste qabeqable:comeon:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
If this is true than central authority should belong to darood, we have the most land, a proven track record and the foresight to run the country. Just keepin it real

What is this Darood you speak of

Never heard or seen this

e9e580a19256148fd85aa4e3a47237ed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending