Most to least prosperous Countries in 2020

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
But men are supposed to “lead” aren’t they? Shouldn’t the head of the family have control over it?

Even in families where the father is around everyone knows it's usually the hooyo who has the strongest impression on the child and speaks to them more.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Thats an unbelievably low figure. What is it with those habesha career women in Addis ?

It is a natural result of development. Quality of life goes up but technically so does the cost of living and raising a family and women become somewhat more career focused to support the fam and themselves = less and less children until you reach below replacement level numbers. There are other more controversial proposed causes like people becoming more isolated, depressed and "degenerate" in inhuman city environments.

GCC countries are first world and Iran is second world.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The GCC Arabs just won the lottery with their oil reserves. They are not innovators in anything. Without the crude oil underneath their land they would be herding goats and camels just like other poor nomads in Africa.

The countries that Africans should study and emulate as models of economic development are the Asian Tigers.

Apollo

VIP
The Congo has more natural resources than Saudi Arabia.. lmao.. especially important ones that fuel to tech revolution like cobalt.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
it's just oil money lol and these people are still backwards when it comes to women's rights.

Not really. I was born and raised in the UAE and most of its development, particularly in the case of Dubai, was due to trade policy. Oil makes up like 1% of Dubai's revenue. They got that way through being a trade, finance and tourism hub. Gulf states mostly benefited from their cushy relationship with the United States and Britain more than anything. Oil was just the initial injection of wealth, particularly for Saudi which is still very dependent on it as an export. I always shake my head when some people online go "Back to the desert when the oil is gone!" when speaking of Qatar or the UAE. They really dunno what they're on about.

And, weirdly, btw the UAE is getting more and more "progressive" in terms of laws toward women:

And Qatar is even whispering about slowly transitioning to a more constitutional, republican type system. Plus, it is true that the standard of living in many gulf states is far beyond anything in the west. My cousins who visit me from the west are often flabbergasted at the luxury I live in and grew up in when by local standards my lifestyle is not more than upper middle-class.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
can u explain further pls?

Basically, a lot of the gulf-states developed in part similarly to a place like Singapore. Through attracting foreign investment due to lax laws and, until recently, no taxes. Income tax is still not a thing. This is in large part what took Dubai to what it is now. They also benefited a lot from being close allies of the United States. Don't get me wrong, oil and gas money played a big part initially for many of these places and the gulf states have many problems I've ranted about myself but people really sell them short when they say "Just oil money".

It is a natural result of development. Quality of life goes up but technically so does the cost of living and raising a family and women become somewhat more career focused to support the fam and themselves = less and less children until you reach below replacement level numbers. There are other more controversial proposed causes like people becoming more isolated, depressed and "degenerate" in inhuman city environments.

because of incompetent black males
And women have no blame in this mess? The black males don't live in a vacuum. They live in a society that also includes the women. You cannot therefore just blame one party.

@xabashi I now understand why you people are soo adamant on completing the construction of that Dam. Ethiopia has an electricity access of just 47% and Egypt is at almost 100% and they are telling you not to build your dam. The Egyptians are practically telling you people to remain poor and underdeveloped :drakelaugh:

View attachment 179747

Exactly and we are not in the mood to do so. We are determined to get out of poverty by hook or crook. Let alone to stop building the dam, we won't even pause the filling of the dam just for a single year. We don't have time for such a luxury. Of course we make sure Egypt gets its share of water but halting or not filling the dam is a no go!

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
And women have no blame in this mess? The black males don't live in a vacuum. They live in a society that also includes the women. You cannot therefore just blame one party.

Wallahi, I ain't touchin' this gender jihad stuff.

:pachah1:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
What so interesting?
:hmm:

I thought it looked pretty

Last edited:
You Xabashis are perennial underachievers. For a country that prides itself for having been an ancient empire and to have never been colonized, you are in a sorry state now. Even compared to other developing countries in Africa like Kenya, Ghana etc Ethiopia is doing very badly in basic economic indicators like literacy rates, access to electricity, health care etc. I was even surprised to learn that Ethiopia doesn't even have a stocks exchange.

Ethiopia has a huge land size and a big population and natural resources. This is an advantage that can be harnessed for economic development. Instead Ethiopia is in a sorry state economically. @xabashi what is your excuse?

No excuse here but most of the development in Africa was based on colonialism which Ethiopia completely lacks (except the 5 year Italian occupation). Everything in Ethiopia, including the basics of the economy and infrastructure all were mostly done by our Emperors etc. who were themselves not educated. We had also the worst and moronic leaders of all times, Mengistu who destroyed every economic progress Haile Selassie made with his communist nonsense and destroyed the young and private business. We had to start everything from scratch when EPRDF took over and in the last 3 decades could compete with the likes of Kenya who had much longer western civilization and stability.