Most to least prosperous Countries in 2020

I thought this was well-known and apparent? Everyone knows that money is mostly a bribe for local despots and gets pocketed or inappropriately used. And either way, these countries have problems way too numerous and big to solve with a cheque.
My point was everyone wants to point out Somalia and SL for being poor and underdeveloped, when Ethiopia is next door with little to no civil conflict and has received 10x(if not more)aid since 1950 compare to Somalia and yet its still as broke as we are. I don’t want to sit here and speculate what the actual $$$ is being used for but the way I see it is if I give one of my friends 30k and I give another 5k....at the end of the day I don’t expect them both to be broke the same.

Last edited:
South Americans got semi-Western culture, especially Chile, Argentina, and Southern part of Brazil.
I don’t understand how that gives them an edge tho? I mean there are plenty of non-western countries that are thriving as well.

Apollo

VIP
I don’t understand how that gives them an edge tho? I mean there are plenty of non-western countries that are thriving as well.

Rule of Law is something that Western countries started. It sounds like an easy concept, but it isn't really, it requires a cultural shift in the entire population.

@xabashi I now understand why you people are soo adamant on completing the construction of that Dam. Ethiopia has an electricity access of just 47% and Egypt is at almost 100% and they are telling you not to build your dam. The Egyptians are practically telling you people to remain poor and underdeveloped :drakelaugh:

images.png

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
My point was everyone wants to point out Somalia and SL for being poor and underdeveloped, when Ethiopia is next door with little to no civil conflict and has received 10x(if not more)aid since 1950 compare to Somalia and yet its still as broke as we are. I don’t want to sit here and speculate what the actual $$$ is being used for but the way I see it is if I give one of my friends 30k and I give another 5k....at the end of the day I don’t expect them both to be broke the same.

They have, to be fair, developed a whole lot more than we have. Most Ethiopian cities are a lot better developed than Somali cities and even have several high-rises:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They also far outstrip us in terms of infrastructure like stable electricity, roads and transport (bloody Addis has a metro system) and I'm honestly impressed at the state of Ethiopian universities nowadays; they even pump out half decent research sometimes. Ethiopia is lacking a lot but I think it's unfair to claim it is in as a shabby a state as Somalia/Somaliland.

Apollo

VIP
*African men. The bottom of the hierarchy of mankind. The most useless men in the world. Yet they have the biggest egos

Misandry is not the answer.

In practically every ethnicity in the world men tend to earn more and be more productive.

Arguably, Middle Easterners are the most misogynist people in the entire world, yet they have better economies than Sub-Saharan Africans.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Africans are lazy. I think no one would dispute this claim.

Wholeheartedly disagree. I've actually travelled much of Africa and met many "Africans", male and female. And they are usually an industrious and hardworking folk. Don't be mislead by media stereotypes. Even in Somalia I remember being alarmed when I first went there as a kid during summer holidays and noticed that most people slept no later than 10-11PM and were up and about by about 5 AM to do whatever needed doing.

Addis Ababa has Singapore level fertility rates, lmao, I was shocked by this.

Low fertility rate = indicates career focused women.
That might be the case for a few career women in the capital city, however the overall fertility rate in Ethiopia is still over Four kids per woman. Thats the figure that matters for Ethiopia's economic evaluation . Singapore has a fertility rate of one kid per woman. That number is some of the lowest in the developed world.

@xabashi I now understand why you people are soo adamant on completing the construction of that Dam. Ethiopia has an electricity access of just 47% and Egypt is at almost 100% and they are telling you not to build your dam. The Egyptians are practically telling you people to remain poor and underdeveloped :drakelaugh:

View attachment 179747
Ethiopians are giving Egyptians a reality check. They need to stop relying on the Nile

Apollo

VIP
That might be the case for a few career women in the capital city, however the overall fertility rate in Ethiopia is still over Four kids per woman. Thats the figure that matters for Ethiopia's economic evaluation . Singapore has a fertility rate of one kid per woman. That number is some of the lowest in the developed world.

Addis Ababa is in the 1 point something range, under the range to maintain the population, which is a huge signal of career women mentality.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
lol so true, I wonder where a vast majority of African/black men get their arrogance from considering that most of Africa is a shithole.

Same place some Somali sistas do. From being fetishized by the opposite sex of nearly every group and probably also AA cultural/mass-media success.

Ethiopians are giving Egyptians a reality check. They need to stop relying on the Nile
There is no way Egypt can stop relying on the Nile. Without the Nile waters Egypt would not be able to feed and sustain its big population of 100 million. They would all starve to death.

Last edited:

Trending