More Somali women starting to get fatter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks sis for tagging me!
Honestly OP that might be just where you live?
But I do agree on one thing. With Somalis it’s the extreme end. Either overweight or skinny but never just healthy.

I blame it on our diet since it’s carb bomb (rice, pasta, canjeero) high fat (not the good type either ) and high sugar (chai, malawaax) overal the best cuisine for people who become sedentary living in the West.

Somali women may feel uncomfortable going to gym with men and with domestic duties taking importance, fail to maintain their once hot bods.

Somali men also fall on that spectrum so don’t think ya’ll are exempt Lol.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
But I do agree on one thing. With Somalis it’s the extreme end. Either overweight or skinny but never just healthy.

I blame it on our diet since it’s carb bomb (rice, pasta, canjeero) high fat (not the good type either ) and high sugar (chai, malawaax) overal the best cuisine for people who become sedentary living in the West.

Somali women may feel uncomfortable going to gym with men and with domestic duties taking importance, fail to maintain their once hot bods.

Definitely agree with you. Why are there no fit/muscular Somali men not saying there isn't but extremely rare? And why do most of them dress terribly?

giphy.gif
Despite me shitting on @Reiko type i have a thing for fat females:ummhmsmiley:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Definitely agree with you. Why are there no fit/muscular Somali men not saying there isn't but extremely rare? And they do most of them dress terribly?

I was asking myself... how come that Somali men are super skinny (there are exceptionals)?

Speak for yourself I'm 200 pound 6'3 masterpiece:birdman:

I think this statement does hold some weight (no pun intended). But people in general are getting fatter, not just Somalis.

However, with respect to Somali girls, it has been my observation that the obesity rate is rising, so much so that a girl who is on the slim side stands out.

But to add though, if you are on the religious side (i.e. wearing hijab and abaya) its difficult to exercise because there aren't many women-only gyms, so we have to work out at home. Its a complex situation.

Definitely agree with you. Why are there no fit/muscular Somali men not saying there isn't but extremely rare? And they do most of them dress terribly?

This might sound fucked up but I just think it’s our Cushitic physique lol we adapted to our environment since too much muscle mass would wear down our endurance. Like how folks living in high altitudes tend to be short. Not saying it’s impossible tho, I’ve seen plenty of Somali men who were fit. Prolly takes a lot more effort.

Faarax get to play bonooni tho
Whilst girls are not from what I have seen into sports
I wish I could go karate and football lesson like my brothers. But my mother objected because there were no females only classes locally. So yh hardly done even PE in me life cos I was mostly homeschooled up to sixth form

Do you live in the UK, there are a lot of female classes in most places, every sports hall I visited had them, every leisure centre has them.

Pilates, HITT etc you name it! I see it all the time, in my area they even have a large bunch of female's doing Taikwando and they are Somali's, you just have to ask around and do some research.

Right now, people know they don't have to be thin to be beautiful. Curvy is the new trend so that might explain it.

All my somali friends (aged 18 to 23) aren't fat or anything, I'd say between uk size 14 - 10.

tbh Somali beauty standard is to be a little bigger

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That is still fat, your perception along with most other people is completely screwed, I remember a decade back every Xaalimo was a size 8 or less.

The jeans themselves hide a lot, it's not an accurate representation, and darker colour jeans hide even more (the same way black hides a lot), e.g. the size 10 women looks bigger naked then the one that is size 12 and the size 8 would look like the size 10.

Lighter coloured jeans or tops in general makes the person appear bigger then what they are, while darker colour conceals this as in the pic below, but nothing is worse then nakedness in which you appear far bigger.

Your likely size 8 and the fact you belief your underweight goes to show how powerful the brainwashing actually is, despite the fact your healthy size is a rarity.

article-2292607-18A19CDA000005DC-328_1024x615_large.jpg

RICH

I think this statement does hold some weight (no pun intended). But people in general are getting fatter, not just Somalis.

However, with respect to Somali girls, it has been my observation that the obesity rate is rising, so much so that a girl who is on the slim side stands out.

But too add though, if you are on the religious side (i.e. wearing hijab and abaya) its difficult to exercise because there aren't many women-only gyms.

You still can exercise at home :browtf:

That isn’t an excuse to not work out. And besides that, 80% is our diet and only 20% is our work out. People need to change their diet and ditch the high carb food.

Also what do y’all consider average size? I think a size 10-12 is healthy medium for Somali woman because of tendency to hold weight on our bums and hips :trumpsmirk:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I was asking myself... how come that Somali men are super skinny (there are exceptionals)?
Because their mom and sisters leave them the leftover jk. They can eat a lot of junk food but some don't gain weight other eat in small portion. They biggest group is the one that rarely eat or I just don't see them ever eating food.

Last edited:
Do you live in the UK, there are a lot of female classes in most places, every sports hall I visited had them, every leisure centre has them.

Pilates, HITT etc you name it! I see it all the time, in my area they even have a large bunch of female's doing Taikwando and they are Somali's, you just have to ask around and do some research.

That is still fat, your perception along with most other people is completely screwed, I remember a decade back every Xaalimo was a size 8 or less.

The jeans themselves hide a lot, it's not an accurate representation, and darker colour jeans hide even more (the same way black hides a lot), e.g. the size 10 women looks bigger naked then the one that is size 12 and the size 8 would look like the size 10.

Lighter coloured jeans or tops in general makes the person appear bigger then what they are, while darker colour conceals this as in the pic below, but nothing is worse then nakedness in which you appear far bigger.

Your likely size 8 and the fact you belief your underweight goes to show how powerful the brainwashing actually is, despite the fact your healthy size is a rarity.

You are absolutely right about women classes in the uk, they can be found everywhere. The problem is till this day my mother doesn't approve of me going there, so I got to this gym a wadaad sister opened. My mother thinks that there are cameras in gyms and swimming pools that are watched by men kkk. It sounds really paranoid. I have a sibling with asthma that the doctor recommended swimming sessions and my mother was like no. But that's no excuse me and my sisters also do workouts at home anyways.

You still can exercise at home :browtf:

That isn’t an excuse to not work out. And besides that, 80% is our diet and only 20% is our work out. People need to change their diet and ditch the high carb food.

Did you read my entire post? I said I work out at home. And nowhere did I imply that it isn't an excuse, hence why I mentioned that it is a complex situation. And your point to the % of eating vs. exercise, not many people know that, which is why education about nutrition and physical exercise is important.

No, I'm not making a women bashing thread and I'm not trying to offend anyone. Firstly, the demographic I'm talking about are young Somali women. I've started to notice that a lot of the are getting bigger and I don't think they are even bothered to hide it. The funny thing is that I've mostly been overlooking it till my sister's pointed out but now I can't stop seeing it. When I'm outdoors, with friends and family friends, at uni and so on. I live in the UK and I want to know if is it the same for you guys outside of here?

@Inquisitive_ @Mercury @lone @RICH @Idil-Beydaan @MariaMaria @Steamdevolopment @Pirate @ch*nk-in-a-box

I've noticed alot of girls are either very skinny or normal weight. I haven't really seen a fat Somali girl in a long time. The last time I've seen a fat Somali girl was on the tube, which was a couple of years back.

I am the last woman:yloezpe:

RICH

Did you read my entire post? I said I work out at home. And nowhere did I imply that it isn't an excuse, hence why I mentioned that it is a complex situation. And your point to the % of eating vs. exercise, not many people know that, which is why education about nutrition and physical exercise is important.

My bad walaal. You did say that. Exactly, education is the key! Ghair in shaa Allah.

I've noticed alot of girls are either very skinny or normal weight. I haven't really seen a fat Somali girl in a long time. The last time I've seen a fat Somali girl was on the tube, which was a couple of years back.
Maybe you perceive fat from OP. What do you consider fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts