Mismeasurement of the Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is entirely possible that Somalis have average IQs much higher than what has been thrown around on this board. I used state standardized test data for two high schools in Minnesota that are 100% Somali to show this possibility.
The first is Ubah Medical Academy in Hopkins and the second is Higher Ground Academy in St. Paul. Combined these two schools have about 1,000 students that are 100% Somali.

Higher Ground Academy compared to the state average:

Math
Reading
Science

Ubah Medical Academy compared to the state average:
Math
Reading
Science
https://imgur.com/pDOPscL

Almost 100% of each school qualify for the Reduced or Free Lunch program from the USDA. If you adjust for poverty using this program as a proxy for poverty, Somalis outperform even Whites almost all the time! These data have shocked me since I saw them a few hours ago, absolutely mind blowing.

Keep in mind that Minnesota, as a state, has some of the most intelligent people in the US. Being near average in Minnesota means being moderately above average in the US.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-states-in-the-union/?utm_term=.d9b95b385ada

@Amun come in here ASAP!!!! Your thread about Nigerians is the reason I looked for this info to begin with.

:browtf:

source: http://rc.education.state.mn.us
I went to higher ground back in the old days , good thing I got out of there

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Thegoodshepherd good work, but I'm more surprised that you and others even took the 68 IQ thing seriously to begin with. The Average Somali IQ I would estimate to be around 90.

I don't know why I took it seriously tbh. Actual IQs in Somalia are probably very low because of malnutrition, mid 70s if I had to guess. But, the average IQs of Somalis born in the west are in the mid 80s to low 90s.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalis and Whites in Minnesota. Keep in mind almost all of the Somalis, above 98%, qualify for Reduced Price/Free Lunch. Keep in mind Minnesota whites probably have the second highest IQs among Whites in the US, this is the state with the third highest average IQ in the US.
https://www.ttu.ee/public/m/mart-mu...ent_challenges_and_preliminary_correlates.pdf

hB1GDJj.png

x65ajEg.png

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This pretty much proves the 68 figure is complete horseshit :sass1:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Also this should be a sticky thread, we can't just have this thread floating around

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
wtf happened in 2016, there was a significant dip in maths proficiency

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 12.17.12.png

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It's honestly immediately apparent that 68 is a bullshit IQ.
Without even going into how it is objectively false (blame the guy who "collected" the IQ results for Somalia), 68 is below 70, which would make the average Somali legally have the status of someone with substantial cognitive impairment. Basically, you're past borderline - you're mentally retarded.
And we all know that's complete bullshit. This meme IQ of 68 that's thrown around as if it's a fact just makes the person who believes it look like they have an IQ of 68, lol.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
What makes these figures interesting is that these Somalis are not highly selected for. It's a pretty random sample size, which makes it all the more impressive. The 68 IQ meme needs to die, it's clearly bunk.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Again this thread should be sticky @Bohol @Kaleel @AbdiJew lets not forget this thread make it sticky in development section or something. One of the most eye opening threads for sure

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
There's also some schools in London where Somalis preform above the national average. Now keep in mind that these other African groups are merit based migrants (aka brain drain) while Somalis are not.

Chisala-8 (1).png

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
There's also some schools in London where Somalis preform above the national average. Now keep in mind that these other African groups are merit based migrants (aka brain drain) while Somalis are not.

View attachment 41693
Also notice the increase in performance throughout the late 2000s It was pretty bad back in 2007

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Also notice the increase in performance throughout the late 2000s It was pretty bad back in 2007

Good point. Whatever caused that increase, i'm hoping the trend continues. The main point either way is that these kinds of stats should be impossible coming from a group with 68 IQ. I'm thinking it's closer to 90, maybe late 80s.

They should IQ test somalis in the west so that we can get rid of that bogus figure. It's all over the internet at this point, tainting our name. :farmajoyaab:

I never believed the average IQ of Somalis was 68

I also believe with the right education, upbringing and environment, they can be one of the most capable people in the world. They have a good genetic intellectual potential, but its never realised because of various circumstantial factors. Also, some cultural issues, which can be overcome with the right education.

But having read through, the comments on Somali social media, Somali content on the internet, political views Somali people hold and how its expressed and the basis for holding them, am not very optimistic about the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending