Minneapolis Local Elections Results 2023

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
women should not govern or be in place of authority.

Al-Bukhari reported that Abu Bakra (Nufay' ibn al-Harith) narrated that “when news reached the Prophet that the Persians had made Khosrau's (Kisra Shirawayh) daughter (Buran) their queen, he said: 'Never will such a people succeed who make a woman their ruler.

This is because positions of leadership and government require a person to join men’s gatherings, which is not allowed for women according to shari’ah because of the ayah (interpretation of the meaning): “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance…” [al-Ahzab 33:33]. These positions also require perfect wisdom, reason and alertness, and the testimony of a man has been made equal to that of two women, the reason for which Allah has explained in the ayah (interpretation of the meaning): “… so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her…” [al-Baqarah 2:282].

Imam al-Muwaffaq Ibn Qudamah said:

“For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his successors (khulafa) and those who came after them never appointed a woman to be a judge or a governor of a province, as far as we know. If it were permissible, it should have happened.”

Imam al-Ghazali said:

“The position of leader (imam) could never be given to a woman even if she possessed all the qualities of perfection and self-reliance. How could a woman take the position of leader when she did not have the right to be a judge or a witness under most of the historical governments?”
Stop taking shit out of context. Women can be apart of government, they just can’t be the ruler. A mayor isn’t a ruler, but you already knew that.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
nah they cannot keep coping. Mayor still governs a region or town or city.
Keep coping kulaha, the hadith is clearly talking about a queen ruler. I respected your weak hadith interpretation even though it is false and contradictory to the Quran and the role of prominent female sahaba. Just say you are misogynistic and keep it moving. The Quran literally praises a female Queen as a good leader.

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Keep coping kulaha, the hadith is clearly talking about a queen ruler. I respected your weak hadith interpretation even though it is false and contradictory to the Quran and the role of prominent female sahaba. Just say you are misogynistic and keep it moving. The Quran literally praises a female Queen as a good leader and
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3285/ruling-on-appointing-women-to-positions-of-high-public-office

Keep coping more, the final message and completion of Messengers makes it clear upon Quran and sunnah. Sheba was not Muslim and came from idol worshipping kingdom and when she married Suleiman she was not queen no more. Also name me single region or province within any caliphate where their was female ruler or governor? also tell me a female sahaba in authority position ?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3285/ruling-on-appointing-women-to-positions-of-high-public-office

Keep coping more, the final message and completion of Messengers makes it clear upon Quran and sunnah. Sheba was not Muslim and came from idol worshipping kingdom and when she married Suleiman she was not queen no more. Also name me single region or province within any caliphate where their was female ruler or governor? also tell me a female sahaba in authority position ?
Stop posting Salafi shit. There was nothing equivalent to a mayor in those times. The authority over the marketplace was a woman during Umar ra rule, he appointed her himself. Aisha ra led an army.
:mjlol:

Shafi says yes and it will stay yes. There is no restriction for females running for parliament, mayorship, etc. Die in your rage.
https://islamqa.org/shafii/darul-iftaa-jordan/228740/ruling-on-womens-nomination-and-election/

Is it permissible for a man to vote for a woman? And what`s intended by the Prophet`s Hadith: "A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful."?

Answer:
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds, and may His peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Mohammad and upon all his family and companions.

There is no harm in voting for a woman running for Parliament or a Municipal Council since there is no text in Sharia forbidding that. Moreover, the ruling of Sharia on running for parliamentary elections and voting rests on the candidate`s characteristics which qualify them to shoulder this big responsibility in terms of keenness on the best interest of the people and the country, loyalty in delivering services and consciousness in making laws. A candidate should also have a strong character, the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of an MP and the audacity to oversee the performance of the government. Allah, The Almighty, said, "truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty"{Al-Qasa, 26}.

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I said to Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Why do you not appoint me to an (official) position?" He (PBUH) patted me on the shoulder with his hand and said, "O Abu Dharr, you are a weak man and it is a trust and it will be a cause of disgrace and remorse on the Day of Resurrection except for the one who takes it up with a full sense of responsibility and fulfills what is entrusted to him (discharges its obligations efficiently)."{Muslim}.

Once the afore requirements and conditions are met, the gender of the candidate becomes insignificant since Prophet Mohammad{PBUH} said, "Women are counterpart of men"{Abu Dawud}.

Indeed, the opinion of a wise woman is important and useful for improving laws and regulations pertaining to family and women in addition to other affairs. The Hadith: " A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful, " had a certain occasion and reason. The Messenger of Allah(PBUH) used to consult the Mothers of the Believers about public affairs, and this is sufficient proof that women have what it takes in terms of knowledge, trust and righteousness to run for parliament. And Allah knows best.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I feel like there are more Somalis in Apple Valley and Eagan than Edina which is closer to Minneapolis. Dakota county is xasid compared to Hennipen county though. They watch Somalis like a hawk. A lot of Somalis in Shakopee too but Scott county is nice and are lenient with ceyr so Somalis like it.
:mjlaugh:
Edina is rich people territory, there are some somalis near the southeastern part in those apartment complexes near the Southdale YMCA

techsamatar

Stop posting Salafi shit. There was nothing equivalent to a mayor in those times. The authority over the marketplace was a woman during Umar ra rule, he appointed her himself. Aisha ra led an army.

Shafi says yes and it will stay yes. There is no restriction for females running for parliament, mayorship, etc. Die in your rage.
https://islamqa.org/shafii/darul-iftaa-jordan/228740/ruling-on-womens-nomination-and-election/

Is it permissible for a man to vote for a woman? And what`s intended by the Prophet`s Hadith: "A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful."?

Answer:
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds, and may His peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Mohammad and upon all his family and companions.

There is no harm in voting for a woman running for Parliament or a Municipal Council since there is no text in Sharia forbidding that. Moreover, the ruling of Sharia on running for parliamentary elections and voting rests on the candidate`s characteristics which qualify them to shoulder this big responsibility in terms of keenness on the best interest of the people and the country, loyalty in delivering services and consciousness in making laws. A candidate should also have a strong character, the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of an MP and the audacity to oversee the performance of the government. Allah, The Almighty, said, "truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty"{Al-Qasa, 26}.

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I said to Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Why do you not appoint me to an (official) position?" He (PBUH) patted me on the shoulder with his hand and said, "O Abu Dharr, you are a weak man and it is a trust and it will be a cause of disgrace and remorse on the Day of Resurrection except for the one who takes it up with a full sense of responsibility and fulfills what is entrusted to him (discharges its obligations efficiently)."{Muslim}.

Once the afore requirements and conditions are met, the gender of the candidate becomes insignificant since Prophet Mohammad{PBUH} said, "Women are counterpart of men"{Abu Dawud}.

Indeed, the opinion of a wise woman is important and useful for improving laws and regulations pertaining to family and women in addition to other affairs. The Hadith: " A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful, " had a certain occasion and reason. The Messenger of Allah(PBUH) used to consult the Mothers of the Believers about public affairs, and this is sufficient proof that women have what it takes in terms of knowledge, trust and righteousness to run for parliament. And Allah knows best.
lol lil girl said salafi, just please keep it moving and cope that quran and sunnah and the ways of the salaf( 3 generations) do not align with ur agenda.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Who said that? When was this vote?
:what1:
I remember that one year Eden Prairie was ranked the #1 best city to live in by Money Magazine out of all cities in the United States. Orono is the richest. Bloomington doesn’t can’t even crack into the top 100 on Niche for Best Cities in Minnesota. But if you say so
:mjohreally:
It was some news website I forgot
:ayaanswag:

techsamatar

Answer:

i swear by god that answer you gave does not use quran or the sunnah or even answer with clarity that women should rule over province or region or be rulers.

Women are counterpart of men"{Abu Dawud}. lol what on earth has this to do with the topic.

Imam al-Ghazali said:

“The position of leader (imam) could never be given to a woman even if she possessed all the qualities of perfection and self-reliance. How could a woman take the position of leader when she did not have the right to be a judge or a witness under most of the historical governments?”

Imam al-Baghawi said:

“The scholars agreed that women are not fit to be leaders or judges, because the leader needs to go out to organize jihad and take care of the Muslims’ affairs, and the judge needs to go out to judge between people, but women are ‘awrah and it is not right for them to go out. Because of their weakness, women are not able to do many things. Women are imperfect, and the positions of leaders and judge are among the most perfect of positions for which only the most perfect of men are qualified.”

Undoubtedly this is proven by reality. People know from experience that only men are fit for leadership, because women by nature are more emotional and more easily swayed by their feelings and compassion. These qualities have been created in women to enable them to carry out their most important duty, which is that of motherhood and nurturing children. Men, on the other hand, are not usually swayed by their emotions as women are. Their way is usually one of logic and deliberation, which form the essence of responsibility and leadership.

With regard to the question of whether a woman may be appointed as a judge, the majority of Maliki, Shafi’i and Hanbali scholars say that a woman cannot be appointed as a judge, because of the general meaning of the hadith of Abu Bakrah quoted above.

Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar said:

“Ibn al-Tin said: Those who say that a woman cannot be appointed as a judge use the hadith of Abu Bakrah as evidence, and this is the view of the majority.”

With regard to other administrative positions, there is no shar’i reason why women should not be appointed to run institutions where they will work with other women and not men, because in this case there are no shar’i reservations about their work.

There is no validity in what most modern writers say about how women have to go out and take part in parliaments and public councils, and that these are part of the rights granted to women by Islam. These writers have not examined the issue from the correct Islamic viewpoint. The truth is clear, but unfortunately they look at it with minds filled with the heretic trends of East and West. Therefore you see them weakened and defeated, dazzled by the false civilizations of those nations, then they come and misinterpret the texts and change the words from their right places until they agree with their whims. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

She was a known Karanle way back in 2020

1699569775456.png

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
I saw a half somali dna test and their mom was raxanweyn yet they only had like 35% Somali dna and 15% bantu. That means her RX mom is 30% bantu.
:cosbyhmm:
What was her other half?

It's possible her mother is 30% Bantu since there is a lot of assimilation of bantus into Reewin clans. That's why she probably has Bantu DNA.

Also before the itallian colonisers outlawed slavery in southern somalia us Reewins had many bantu slaves. Not proud of it but it's just history.

It's possible her Reewin ancestors had a Bantu concubine that gave birth to kids for the reewin slavemaster therefore resulting in his offspring having Bantu DNA.

I haven't yet taken a DNA test but I wouldn't be surprised if I have 5-10% Bantu DNA. What can I say one of my Reewin ancestors may have been struck with jungle fever.

What was her other half?

It's possible her mother is 30% Bantu since there is a lot of assimilation of bantus into Reewin clans. That's why she probably has Bantu DNA.

Also before the itallian colonisers outlawed slavery in southern somalia us Reewins had many bantu slaves. Not proud of it but it's just history.

It's possible her Reewin ancestors had a Bantu concubine that gave birth to kids for the reewin slavemaster therefore resulting in his offspring having Bantu DNA.

I haven't yet taken a DNA test but I wouldn't be surprised if I have 5-10% Bantu DNA. What can I say one of my Reewin ancestors may have been struck with jungle fever.
Out of the jàreers in rahanweyn clans bantus were minority plus there wasn't any intermarriage between the jàreers and jileecs

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Out of the jàreers in rahanweyn clans bantus were minority plus there wasn't any intermarriage between the jàreers and jileecs
For the most part yes. Intermarriage between the two was looked down upon. Except in recent years where it has become common.

women should not govern or be in place of authority.

Al-Bukhari reported that Abu Bakra (Nufay' ibn al-Harith) narrated that “when news reached the Prophet that the Persians had made Khosrau's (Kisra Shirawayh) daughter (Buran) their queen, he said: 'Never will such a people succeed who make a woman their ruler.

This is because positions of leadership and government require a person to join men’s gatherings, which is not allowed for women according to shari’ah because of the ayah (interpretation of the meaning): “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance…” [al-Ahzab 33:33]. These positions also require perfect wisdom, reason and alertness, and the testimony of a man has been made equal to that of two women, the reason for which Allah has explained in the ayah (interpretation of the meaning): “… so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her…” [al-Baqarah 2:282].

Imam al-Muwaffaq Ibn Qudamah said:

“For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his successors (khulafa) and those who came after them never appointed a woman to be a judge or a governor of a province, as far as we know. If it were permissible, it should have happened.”

Imam al-Ghazali said:

Do you believe women and men are equal then? And on what basis if you believe they are equal? If God rewards them equally, and burdens them equally in terms of faith, i.e, why can a qualified woman be the leader of her community? Is there a context for the Hadeeth you quoted? Because, at face value, the Hadeeth would contradict verses from the Quran that clearly state equality of men and women with no exceptions. Lest you cause someone to deny authentic sayings of the prophet due to an unqualified opinions you render, don't you think you should think twice before you write something that can mislead others?

A man by virtue of him being a man doesn't qualify him to have a leadership position over a woman who is qualified. We are human beings with brains, so let us not insult humans with nonsensical ideas.

Last edited:
I lived in Bloomington for 15 years. Saw few somalis. Nowadays, they are all over Bloomington and I even see/encounter women at the gyms in Bloomington. Feels weird to see them in greater numbers than I used to. But it is a welcome change. As long as they don't bring their ghetto kids and start causing the rest of us trouble, they are a good addition. Families who can not control their young adults should just die basically. I would personally lodge a complaint against any ghetto ass neighbours who bring loud music, loitering and littering into the neighbourhood. Straight up clean and civlized living or move along.

Yaraye

VIP
I swear, the amount of qabiil digging people do when a somali becomes well known is terrifying. They can pull up your entire lineage. How about if there is some secret to one's lineage that they don't know themself? :damsel::deadpeter: