land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Wallahi billahi im
Not a catfish
giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
Many mental illnesses are not real, especially stuff like ADHD. They just use it as an excuse to force kids to behave unnaturally (sitting down for long hours).

While clear mental illnesses like transsexuals aren't recognized.

Fay

DELETED
@Fay, are you a new here? where are u from?, and yeah mental health isn't brought up in the Somali community tbh
Ye im new here, i just wanted to share this here cos somalis ridicule me
In real life every time i bring it up.. like its just so hard to talk to them wallahi.. but i respect the understanding ones

Tukraq

VIP
Ye im new here, i just wanted to share this here cos somalis ridicule me
In real life every time i bring it up.. like its just so hard to talk to them wallahi.. but i respect the understanding ones
ridicule you? like parents or older heads?

Why is mental health issues so taboo in somali community?? Every time i discuss my mental health issues with somalis first thing they say is its kibir
Mental health issues are taboo in our culture for a few reasons:

-It's not something that Somalis were able to explain in the past so due to our religious and conservative mindset families would blame it on djinn/curses from God and speak to sheiks etc.

-It's seen as shameful....period. There isn't a deeper explanation because that's just how it is. We didn't develop our culture the way western countries have and these issues are left out.

What's up though? Are you a believer or nah?

Fay

DELETED
Mental health issues are taboo in our culture for a few reasons:

-It's not something that Somalis were able to explain in the past so due to our religious and conservative mindset families would blame it on djinn/curses from God and speak to sheiks etc.

-It's seen as shameful....period. There isn't a deeper explanation because that's just how it is. We didn't develop our culture the way western countries have and these issues are left out.

What's up though? Are you a believer or nah?

Yup im
Muslim alx... and ita ok to talk about mental health even as muslims
Its just somalis r closed minded..

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
What exactly is your illness? I agree Somalis don’t take mental illness serious and would suggest Quran saar 90% of the time.

Yup im
Muslim alx... and ita ok to talk about mental health even as muslims
Its just somalis r closed minded..
Yh most Somalis will prob take the piss but if it's that deep then u should talk more to people that take it more seriously i guess.

btw do u speak ita?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Why is mental health issues so taboo in somali community?? Every time i discuss my mental health issues with somalis first thing they say is its kibir
Because they're retarded.

Trending

Latest posts