Men should take more pride in looking handsome

The nazis took care of their physical appearance and they had the rest of the world's men as their litte pet dogs. Being manly or seen as masculine doesn't necessarily mean you should look like a dead rotten rat.
Some guys sleep in the same tracksuit as they use when going out.. Multiple purpose suit :mjlol:

Garaad diinle

 
Out of the three hadith two talks about the rasul ﷺ having braids one of whom is da'if and the other is the disputed account in fatah mecca i wrote about. It's interesting that al-albani did tashih on it or made it sahih.

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
By the way, the same Hadith that you people use to say shaving is haram would by the exact same logic require you to brush your teeth with a Siwak and not a toothbrush, yet I don't see you grasping for a Siwak.

Many, many scholars disagree with this. Even the Imam Ghazali said that it was not mandatory to grow a beard.
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

Is it haram to shave the beard?

Imam al-Shafi‘i is reported to have said that shaving the beard is forbidden (haram). This is not, however, the position taken by the Shafi‘i school.[1] The soundest position in the Shafi‘i school is that shaving the beard is disliked (makruh) and not forbidden (haram). This is the position of all the important figures in the late Shafi‘i school, such as Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, Muhammad al-Ramli, al-Khatib al-Shirbini, and Shaykh al-Islam Zakariyya al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with all of them). (I‘anatu’l-Talibin, 2.341). Ibn Hajar has mentioned that this was the position of both Imam Nawawi and Imam Rafi‘i (Hashiyat Shirwani, 9.376). Imam Nawawi explicitly mentions that it is disliked to shave the beard in his commentary on Sahih Muslim and also in his Rawdat al-Talibin. Anyone familiar with the works of the school will realize that the agreement of all these scholars seals the case as far as the position of the school is concerned.

What is the ruling of trimming the beard?

To trim the beard is also disliked. It is not forbidden, as can be inferred a fortiori from the ruling regarding shaving the beard (if it is not forbidden to shave the beard, how can it be forbidden to trim it?). Ibn Hajar says in his Tuhfa:

“The outword purport (dhahir) of what our imams say is that it is unconditionally disliked to trim the beard.” (Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376)

What is the sunna length of the beard?

The optimal length of the beard is to leave it uncut and not touch it at all, as mentioned by Ibn Hajar above. Anything less than this optimal length is disliked. Ibn Hajar foresees the objection that this would result in making one’s appearance ugly by saying that this would only occur if one neglected caring for one’s beard by not washing or oiling it. (Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376).

What constitutes a minimum beard?

I have heard through Shaykh Amjad Rasheed of Amman (who studied in Hadramawt), that the Shafi‘is of Hadramawt say that someone who grows hair on his chin is legally considered to have kept a beard. As such, a goatee would minimally fulfill the sunna of keeping a beard, although it would obviously be superior to keep a fuller beard. The level of disliked-ness (karahah) in which one is engaged is commensurate with one’s distance from the optimal (uncut) beard.

The way of caution

Other schools of fiqh are not as lenient regarding the beard. The Hanafis and Hanbalis both hold, for example, that keeping a beard is obligatory (I don’t know the position of the Malikis; perhaps one of the Californians could get a referenced answer from Zaytuna regarding this).[2] Despite the fact that the official position of the Shafi‘i school is that shaving one’s beard is disliked, many prominent Shafi‘is (al-Halimi among the early Shafi‘is and al-Adhra‘i, Ibn al-Rif‘ah, Zayn al-Din al-Malibari, and Ibn Ziyad among the later ones) have taken the opinion that it is forbidden. As such, the way of caution in one’s religion would be to keep a full beard. Sidi Omar recently quoted Habib ‘Ali as saying that it does not befit a student of knowledge to shave his beard.

And Allah knows best.

Hamza Karamali and Mostafa Azzam.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Al-Imam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamhid: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.”

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

Is it haram to shave the beard?

Imam al-Shafi‘i is reported to have said that shaving the beard is forbidden (haram). This is not, however, the position taken by the Shafi‘i school.[1] The soundest position in the Shafi‘i school is that shaving the beard is disliked (makruh) and not forbidden (haram). This is the position of all the important figures in the late Shafi‘i school, such as Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, Muhammad al-Ramli, al-Khatib al-Shirbini, and Shaykh al-Islam Zakariyya al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with all of them). (I‘anatu’l-Talibin, 2.341). Ibn Hajar has mentioned that this was the position of both Imam Nawawi and Imam Rafi‘i (Hashiyat Shirwani, 9.376). Imam Nawawi explicitly mentions that it is disliked to shave the beard in his commentary on Sahih Muslim and also in his Rawdat al-Talibin. Anyone familiar with the works of the school will realize that the agreement of all these scholars seals the case as far as the position of the school is concerned.

What is the ruling of trimming the beard?

To trim the beard is also disliked. It is not forbidden, as can be inferred a fortiori from the ruling regarding shaving the beard (if it is not forbidden to shave the beard, how can it be forbidden to trim it?). Ibn Hajar says in his Tuhfa:

“The outword purport (dhahir) of what our imams say is that it is unconditionally disliked to trim the beard.” (Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376)

What is the sunna length of the beard?

The optimal length of the beard is to leave it uncut and not touch it at all, as mentioned by Ibn Hajar above. Anything less than this optimal length is disliked. Ibn Hajar foresees the objection that this would result in making one’s appearance ugly by saying that this would only occur if one neglected caring for one’s beard by not washing or oiling it. (Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376).

What constitutes a minimum beard?

I have heard through Shaykh Amjad Rasheed of Amman (who studied in Hadramawt), that the Shafi‘is of Hadramawt say that someone who grows hair on his chin is legally considered to have kept a beard. As such, a goatee would minimally fulfill the sunna of keeping a beard, although it would obviously be superior to keep a fuller beard. The level of disliked-ness (karahah) in which one is engaged is commensurate with one’s distance from the optimal (uncut) beard.

The way of caution

Other schools of fiqh are not as lenient regarding the beard. The Hanafis and Hanbalis both hold, for example, that keeping a beard is obligatory (I don’t know the position of the Malikis; perhaps one of the Californians could get a referenced answer from Zaytuna regarding this).[2] Despite the fact that the official position of the Shafi‘i school is that shaving one’s beard is disliked, many prominent Shafi‘is (al-Halimi among the early Shafi‘is and al-Adhra‘i, Ibn al-Rif‘ah, Zayn al-Din al-Malibari, and Ibn Ziyad among the later ones) have taken the opinion that it is forbidden. As such, the way of caution in one’s religion would be to keep a full beard. Sidi Omar recently quoted Habib ‘Ali as saying that it does not befit a student of knowledge to shave his beard.

And Allah knows best.

Hamza Karamali and Mostafa Azzam.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Al-Imam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamhid: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.”
I think you should not go around declaring things haram that even renowned scholars in Islam have not been able to come to a conclusion on yet. It's the same with not going around telling people that crabs are haram because some scholars think crabs are haram if they talk about eating crabs.

I think you should not go around declaring things haram that even renowned scholars in Islam have not been able to come to a conclusion on yet. It's the same with not going around telling people that crabs are haram because some scholars think crabs are haram if they talk about eating crabs.
I can say something is haram because that is the opinion I take.
But even if we to take shafi opinion, it is makruuh, meaning you shouldnt shave your beard, most madhaahib orhibit being clean shaven
so you cannot tell men to shave their beard islamically or berate them for not doing it

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
1356697036_0.jpg

Anyhow, if you must keep a beard, at least trim it in a way that isn't completely offending to the eyes, like this.

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
But even if we to take shafi opinion, it is makruuh, meaning you shouldnt shave your beard, most madhaahib orhibit being clean shaven
so you cannot tell men to shave their beard islamically or berate them for not doing it

You have bigger issues with the deen than worrying about whether you're going to shave your beard or not when you're rating women's pictures on the internet.

Garaad diinle

 

You have bigger issues with the deen than worrying about whether you're going to shave your beard or not when you're rating women's pictures on the internet.
What's your answer i'm invested now.

tenor.gif

Abaq

VIP
Some guys sleep in the same tracksuit as they use when going out.. Multiple purpose suit :mjlol:
Some brothers just need help. The same black tracksuits everyday. I always dress up when I leave the house. The only day I ever wore tracksuits outside, everyone was shocked and asked me what was wrong :mjlol:

Your ignoring my response with another response, you know you are wrong, your the one who made the thread and I have proven to you that men have to grow their beard, accept defeat
my post is completely other issue, if u got problems dm me about it

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
Your ignoring my response with another response, you know you are wrong, your the one who made the thread and I have proven to you that men have to grow their beard, accept defeat
my post is completely other issue, if u got problems dm me about it
You proved nothing except that scholars have differing opinions on the topic. I'm just advising you to focus on bigger problems - like the behavior forbidden in the Quran itself you displayed in that post rather than minor sunnah like growing a beard.