Math Isn't Hard. You Just Have To Understand "Logic".

I used to HATE Math while in school, but in recent years I've come to understand the basics and seem to enjoy it. Math is like solving a jigsaw puzzle and it takes a logical understand to solve a mathematical equation.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I'm currently revising for my maths exam.
If it wasn't hard then I wouldn't be sitting at this desk for half a day :jcoleno:

moses idk GIF by Nonnahs Marketing

I never really hated math even in middle school. 11 year old me liked the fact that there is no uncertainty in math. It’s just formal logic. Unlike other subjects, you are either right or wrong. I also love the challenge and the adrenaline rush you get when you answer something. Making my major math was the best choice I made this year:rejoice:

reer

VIP
I guess it's the advancement level of Math that you do. The more advanced the Math the more rigorous.
also math is a subject like jenga blocks. its built on what you learned previously. and kids in schools have multiple subjects so they cant spend all their time on math.

I found calculus easier than algebra 2 which was also the first time I genuinely would turn in the homework on time

reer

VIP
so basically it can discourage teens from entering a field with significant math. because they have to catch up. but they cant catch up because they have to dedicate ALOT of time but they study multiple subjects, assignments etc. math is a special subject and i believe there needs to be more help available to high school students.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
@reer, do you think block schedules would help with that? I know when my sister went to high school, they had block schedules, (A block schedule is a high-school scheduling method that replaces a more traditional program of six or seven 40–50 minute sessions with longer class periods that meet fewer times each day and week. A typical block-schedule class, for example, would last 90 or 120 minutes and meet every other day, rather than daily.).

@reer, do you think block schedules would help with that? I know when my sister went to high school, they had block schedules, (A block schedule is a high-school scheduling method that replaces a more traditional program of six or seven 40–50 minute sessions with longer class periods that meet fewer times each day and week. A typical block-schedule class, for example, would last 90 or 120 minutes and meet every other day, rather than daily.).
Block scheduling fits in more content and allows students to catch ahead in math, alhamdullilah my hs did it.
I had a lot high school friends taking calculus 2 by the end of their junior year and some moving on to higher level math at my local community college during their senior year.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Block scheduling fits in more content and allows students to catch ahead in math, alhamdullilah my hs did it.
I had a lot high school friends taking calculus 2 by the end of their junior year and some moving on to higher level math at my local community college during their senior year.
Wow I never heard of such a method.
In British secondary schools we had 5 periods of 1 and occasionally 2 hour lessons. As you can guess, fitting 5 subjects into one day isn't exactly the most effective way of schooling

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Wow I never heard of such a method.
In British secondary schools we had 5 periods of 1 and occasionally 2 hour lessons. As you can guess, fitting 5 subjects into one day isn't exactly the most effective way of schooling
It's used in the U.S., depending on which high school you go to.

Trending