Massive explosions and gunmen storm Hotel Hayat Mogadishu hotel raided!

Darods on average are much more tribalist than other clans, what's the point when they don't have a single city anywhere in the Somali peninsula they're a majority in, only dusty towns is the best they can come with
Honestly all of this could’ve been avoided if you honestly turned in the terrorists you consider your clansmen

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Feel sorry for any survivors that will inevitably be killed if FGS completely level the hotel

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Damn just found out my father was there at this hotel a couple days ago.

Says all the soldiers/security are on khat and get paid a couple dollars to not check vehicles coming through :francis:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP

Says all the soldiers/security are on khat and get paid a couple dollars to not check vehicles coming through :francis:
Man, advise him to stay away from hotels frequented by government officials. Does he work for the Government? A close buddy of mines mom aun got killed in the attack of hotel Afrik. It was her second day back after 30 plus years.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Beesha cery and sacad have deliberately set up beesha Mursade to drive them out of business

Definitely inside job from Abuu Maahir aka Mahad Saalad and Mahad Karataay. How can 4 men have that much bullets to stave off a whole army. How can they hold them off without a supply route replenishing them? A soldier can cary 6 magazines max so how are they still fighting?

Definitely inside job from Abuu Maahir aka Mahad Saalad and Mahad Karataay. How can 4 men have that much bullets to stave off a whole army. How can they hold them off without a supply route replenishing them? A soldier can cary 6 magazines max so how are they still fighting?
They even had the cameras ready, Watch how do you zoom in before the explosion

Most hotels pay money so they don't get attacked maybe the owner didn't pay them, I heard he was among the casualties AUN. also how can you trust these unpaid khathead soldiers to guard these places, FGS has to increase its revenues and then train and fund properly the security forces so we will see how HSM manages that.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Most hotels pay money so they don't get attacked maybe the owner didn't pay them, I heard he was among the casualties AUN. also how can you trust these unpaid khathead soldiers to guard these places, FGS has to increase its revenues and then train and fund properly the security forces so we will see how HSM manages that.

The government doesn’t have the revenue. We are hamstrung by AMISOM which receives all the funding yet never is on the streets :jcoleno: All these attacks begin with security letting through unchecked car bombs, chaos ensuing after its set off and all the security forces scattered. Then Shabaab with their few fighters storming the place.

But yes the wages are just not enough and they are hiring the worst of the worst according to him. Easily bribed, addicted to khat. He was like you’d only have 2-3 good guys in a whole branch.

HSM must focus on increasing the revenue of the government and thereby security forces pay so it can attract the best in the city. And speed up the transition plan so Somali forces can have access to AMISOM funding. Only way I can see any of this changing

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Most of what came out of these explosions are somalis either gloating on mahad salad and security personal of xamar and hsm or praise Farmaajo era.

The government doesn’t have the revenue. We are hamstrung by AMISOM which receives all the funding yet never is on the streets :jcoleno: All these attacks begin with security letting through unchecked car bombs, chaos ensuing after its set off and all the security forces scattered. Then Shabaab with their few fighters storming the place.

But yes the wages are just not enough and they are hiring the worst of the worst according to him. Easily bribed, addicted to khat. He was like you’d only have 2-3 good guys in a whole branch.

HSM must focus on increasing the revenue of the government and thereby security forces pay so it can attract the best in the city. And speed up the transition plan so Somali forces can have access to AMISOM funding. Only way I can see any of this changing
in the 1st 3 months of this year the revenue was 78m and expenditure was 93m so 16% deficit even with grants, but when you introduce new taxes to increase revenue people will resist, you will often hear this market is closed today because of a new tax, the only way they can tax a broader base and collect more revenue is if they introduce the mobile money tax like a lot of African countries did recently, they will probably double their revenues.

The current president needs to do a reform regarding the security-posts. People that are his political enemies run the security in Xamar, AUN to the victims, but this like most other qarax's look facilitated.

So it seems the only recourse they could determine was to demolish the building. It’s an action that speaks of desperate remedy and one that could’ve easily been circumvented. I feel for those people who were stuck indoors, who hid in basements and who played dead. I’m sure they waited for an exit and a chance back at life. But unfortunately the hotel was obliterated. AUN boqol jeer

Trending