Madibaan, Tumaal and Yibir discrimination

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Maybe Somalis think Yibir are Hebrews aka Yahuud.

Yibir are mysterious.
It’s a well known fact that southern yemenis were Jews before they were arabised, maybe the yo or are an offshoot of these yemenis. Jews in the horn isn’t a new thing the bete israel of the amhara are genetically similar to other amharas but they’re all Jewish, maybe the yibir were forced to convert to Islam and then discriminated by geeljires

It’s a well known fact that southern yemenis were Jews before they were arabised, maybe the yo or are an offshoot of these yemenis. Jews in the horn isn’t a new thing the bete israel of the amhara are genetically similar to other amharas but they’re all Jewish, maybe the yibir were forced to convert to Islam and then discriminated by geeljires

That's plausible.

Interestingly enough, I have heard that Yibir are allied with Carab Saalax and both claim to be from Arabia. Carab Saalax are Meheri Arabs and after the civil war, those who went back were given citizenship.

So maybe both came together from Yemen to Somalia, one as Yahuud and the other as Muslim.

Most Yibir I met in states are treated like any other Somali nobody cares. I know one that married another Somali clan but they typically prefer there own. Back home is a different story though they are not as fortunate.

Most Yibir I met in states are treated like any other Somali nobody cares. I know one that married other Somali clans but they typically prefer there own. Back home is a different story though they are not ass fortunate.

Somali superstition and fear.. to be fair, they did go to people's houses and tax them for having babies.

Yibir have a reputation for magic; one of their traditional functions is to bless the newborn and the newly married. In return for these blessings they receive gifts, a continual repayment for the killing of Mohammed Hanif.[6] They subsist in two different ways—by being attached to noble Somali families, or by (cyclically) visiting different households.[28] The payments they receive, called samanyo (described by an English scholar as a "tax"[29]), also function to forestall the fear of a possible cursing of the (Somali) host by the Yibir soothsayer or magician; though the Yibir are the "smallest and most despised" clan of the sab, they are thought to have the strongest magic.[30] Persistently refusing to give a gift on the occasion of a birth invites the curse of the Yibir, which is supposed to result in a violent death for the refusing party or a deformed new-born.[31] Another of the Yibir's believed supernatural characteristics is that when they die they vanish: no one, according to Somali tradition, "has ever seen the grave of a Yibir",[32] a quality possibly derived from the disappearance of their ancestor, Hanif.[6]

Somali superstition and fear.. to be fair, they did go to people's houses and tax them for having babies.
That’s only one sub clan of yibir who do that. And Madhibaan and tuumal don’t even do that lol. Tbh the discrimination back home is mainly financial if you got relatives in the west or not. Nobody is touching a rich Gaboye.

That’s only one sub clan of yibir who do that. And Madhibaan and tuumal don’t even do that lol. Tbh the discrimination back home is mainly financial if you got relatives in the west or not. Nobody is touching a rich Gaboye.

Facts

I heard a story about Pre-Civil war Somalia, this Isaaq lady married a Madhibaan man and she was like "He is handsome to me and he's a high-ranking official".

Most people don't care as long as someone can provide and protect.

Many Madhibaans have been brutally suppressed and thoroughly internally damaged, all due to some fictitious character, who said to be their supposed ancestors, ate a dead carcass. So, being the psychopathic narcissistic Geeljires, they (foolishly) believed that they were some 'low-caste', and treated them less than the excrement of Camels.

Even in the west, they (quite unfortunately) still face discrimination. They usually hide their Qabils when it comes to marriage. Some of them get the horrible luck of claiming the tribe of their marital spouse, and get ousted - and even, at some times, threatened with death, when they're recognized as "mi.dgaans".
Sick when Islam doesn't preach this xenophobia... :tacky:

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
here's the people
yibir/jews
1620238274952.png

Trending