Apollo

VIP
This discrimination of iron workers and black smiths exists all over the Horn. It is some weird ancient Cushitic cultural practice.

Also, Cushites seemingly uniformly hate fish.

Weird people.

This discrimination of iron workers and black smiths exists all over the Horn. It is some weird ancient Cushitic cultural practice.

Weird people.

Shockingly weird.. Somalia would become so much healthier and wealthier, if we turned to eating fish and preserved meat for special occasions or trade.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP

Weird people.

Only Lamagoodles did it.
Afars (esp those in Djibouti) were fishermen.

Apollo

VIP
Only somali Lamagoodles did it.
Afars (esp those in Djibouti) were fishermen.

I read it in some anthropology book that this dislike for fish is widespread in Cushites.

Afars are mainly known for their love of goat and camel meat. I don't think they are big time fishermen.

some somali were fisher likee MJ i think and Hawiye maybe

Coastal MJs and Puntites love the sea, we used ancient Beden boats to trade and that's how a group of Hartis ended up becoming Omanis.

Majeerteen have the longest coastline out of all Somalis btw, we also ended up living on the coast in Jubbaland, it's where we feel comfortable.

Apollo

VIP
Coastal MJs and Puntites love the sea, we used ancient Beden boats to trade and that's how a group of Hartis ended up becoming Omanis.

Majeerteen have the longest coastline out of all Somalis btw, we also ended up living on the coast in Jubbaland, it's where we feel comfortable.

Cultural practices can change, but this anti-fish thing is very prominent in the inland ones. They almost view it like how Westerners disgust at Asians eating weird types of animals, lol.

Cultural practices can change, but this anti-fish thing is very prominent in the inland ones. They almost view it like how Westerners disgust at Asians eating weird types of animals, lol.

I will say this, MJs look down on eating "Calooleey", animal heads and certain foods. Inland MJs also dislike fish.

It is definitely a clan/location culture thing.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
my family hated fish before we went to basaso, we only knew camel meat, but it's was the best fish i ever tasted wallahi

Slightly off topic but also important, some Somali clans like to talk down on women/marginalise them. They'll say things like "naag baa tahay" as in, "shut up".

I used to see such comments online and I thought it was just a bunch of ciyaala suuqs, but this anti-women thing is very real in some Somali circles.

Maybe that's why MJ women are known to be confident and outspoken, our men empower us and don't talk down on us. This anti-women discrimination is not a "thing" for us socially.

What Somalia really needs is for people to carry out studies into all forms of discrimination and address them.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I’ve always said this, the Bantus own 90% of Africa and can move freely around without discrimination. Where as the madhibaan,Tumaal, and yibir have no where else to call home. My motto is somali first I could careless about your problems if your not somali it doesn’t concern me. May Allah help our SOMALI brothers and sisters.

I’ve always said this, the Bantus own 90% of Africa and can move freely around without discrimination. Where as the madhibaan,Tumaal, and yibir have no where else to call home. My motto is somali first I could careless about your problems if your not somali it doesn’t concern me. May Allah help our SOMALI brothers and sisters.

For sure. Once we fix anti-Somali discrimination, we can address other issues. Or we can handle it at the same time, but these SJW's need to know "Charity starts at home".

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Slightly off topic but also important, some Somali clans like to talk down on women/marginalise them. They'll say things like "naag baa tahay" as in, "shut up".

I used to see such comments online and I thought it was just a bunch of ciyaala suuqs, but this anti-women thing is very real in some Somali circles.

Maybe that's why MJ women are known to be confident and outspoken, our men empower us and don't talk down on us. This anti-women discrimination is not a "thing" for us socially.

What Somalia really needs is for people to carry out studies into all forms of discrimination and address them.

Cool with the tribalism.

Lamagoodles are known widely for being Patriarchal, thus anti-women.

Cool with the tribalism.

Lamagoodles are known widely for being Patriarchal, thus anti-women.

But not all are the same in marginalising women, Somalis have different customs. I've heard some Somalis don't like their women to drink tea.

The cultural differences amongst Somalis is not studied at all, I think it would be fascinating to analyse.

The biggest exaggeration is that "All Somalis are the same", it's not true.

tumaal/blacksmith
who made this stuff
1620238959558-png.183613

1620239039843-png.183614

1620239139568-png.183615

Amazing

I wish Somali men would go back to wearing swords and traditional clothing. It would look regal and masculine. It would also bring back the Tumaal industry.

@Ciidagaleloos lol bro did they delete you’re post? I agree that story between Isaaq women marrying Madhibaan man had to be bullshit. These people love falsifying anything in the name of tribalism. There hatred for Isaaq is insane.

Trending