Maakhir Salvation Forum condemns Somalilands baseless election claims.

@codewebsduh is a funny character. Imagine being ashamed of eating fish and arguing with deluded idiots like @fais and @Gantaal97 who farm porcupines during droughts cause fish is taboo. Not a lot of big brains around here, I'll take that Omega 3 off your hands thank you very much.

:heh:
Its a retarded insult and poorly placed. Lasqoray used to have a tuna factory in Siad barre times. It was the only thing the Kacaan built in the region so i guess it became renowned as the fishing region.

Its also embarrasing since we dont produce tuna anymore, Lasqoray is an empty tuulo where the houses are falling in ruin.

That's fake news. Habo Tuna is a private company and the largest fish processing factory in Somalia. They don't deal in drugs. Puntland Post is also owned by Dhulbahante, the occupied pets have been spreading misinformation.

We need something like this in all Somali cities. Tuna production can be very lucrative and offer cheap food.

@Plo_Koon ok you'll join if we elect a Warsan as Somaliland president?

Electing someone from my qabiil wouldn't change much lol , it's about how the system operates, the nepotism and qabiil bias , the "Unaka leh" mentality , the uneducated populace who view everything through the lens of qabiil, look at this election, no one is talking about the people who got elected as individuals or their platforms and agendas , the only thing people are interested in is how many seats each jilib and subclan got .
In a small region where only a handful of competing qabiils live these problems become amplified opposed to a bigger territory like somaliwayn where numerous clans and different ethnicities live side by side .
either we all live together in a big house as Somalis and share everything good and bad, if we can't do that every one/qabiil should build their own cushad or sandaqad and do their own thing. there can't be half measures.

Electing someone from my qabiil wouldn't change much lol , it's about how the system operates, the nepotism and qabiil bias , the "Unaka leh" mentality , the uneducated populace who view everything through the lens of qabiil, look at this election, no one is talking about the people who got elected as individuals or their platforms and agendas , the only thing people are interested in is how many seats each jilib and subclan got .
In a small region where only a handful of competing qabiils live these problems become amplified opposed to a bigger territory like somaliwayn where numerous clans and different ethnicities live side by side .
either we all live together in a big house as Somalis and share everything good and bad, if we can't do that every one/qabiil should build their own cushad or sandaqad and do their own thing. there can't be half measures.
The biggest discussion and the headlines of the election is two candidates who got the most votes of any running candidate and campaigned heavily against qabayaled and also the opposition winning and having control of the parliament and the local councils mayorship

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The biggest discussion and the headlines of the election is two candidates who got the most votes of any running candidate and campaigned heavily against qabayaled and also the opposition winning and having control of the parliament and the local councils mayorship
yet despite that everyone’s talking about which clans got which seats, yaab :farmajoyaab:

Face it, democracy isn’t a perfect political system. If I’m landheer af in my region why tf would I work to dismantle a system that I directly benefit from? This happens even in the west let alone corruptionville Somalia.

Campaigning against qabyaalad is nothing but virtue signalling to appease the langaab tribes because you already know no matter what you do you’ve already secured 80% of your tribes vote.

This isn’t chess, it’s checkers lol. How could you possibly end qabyalaad through government policies? Can you discern whether a citizen is voting for a candidate for genuine reasons or for tribal bias? The only way to end qabilism is through a societial and cultural reform. Qabilism has been so engrained into somali culture and society and those who can benefit from it will do anything within their powers to keep it.

Just look at this forum, these people who claim to be more educated and woke are even more obsessed with qabiil than anyone else.

Everyone in Somalilands borders voted. Warsangeli voted and got candidates in the local elections, so did the Gahayle majerteen. The warsangeli fielded to many candidates in the parliamentary elections to get an MP. No amount of online waffling will change the reality on the ground. Whether you are warsangeli, dhulo, or majerteem gahayle, you voted and will continue to vote for 1 of the 3 parties. It is your duty as citizens of the Republic of Somaliland :shaq:

yet despite that everyone’s talking about which clans got which seats, yaab :farmajoyaab:

Face it, democracy isn’t a perfect political system. If I’m landheer af in my region why tf would I work to dismantle a system that I directly benefit from? This happens even in the west let alone corruptionville Somalia.

Campaigning against qabyaalad is nothing but virtue signalling to appease the langaab tribes because you already know no matter what you do you’ve already secured 80% of your tribes vote.

This isn’t chess, it’s checkers lol. How could you possibly end qabyalaad through government policies? Can you discern whether a citizen is voting for a candidate for genuine reasons or for tribal bias? The only way to end qabilism is through a societial and cultural reform. Qabilism has been so engrained into somali culture and society and those who can benefit from it will do anything within their powers to keep it.

Just look at this forum, these people who claim to be more educated and woke are even more obsessed with qabiil than anyone else.
Mate there's civil society groups in Hargeysa that call for an end to qabayaled and political parties and govt institution help with that message reminding the citizens that tribalism isn't the way forward. Btw the reason Cigaal AUN made that SL should have 3 political party system is that tribalism wouldn't influnce the govt and be like how Somalia in the 60s where every qabil had party making 120 parties running for 1969 elections in tribal lines.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Mate there's civil society groups in Hargeysa that call for an end to qabayaled and political parties and govt institution help with that message reminding the citizens that tribalism isn't the way forward. Btw the reason Cigaal AUN made that SL should have 3 political party system is that tribalism wouldn't influnce the govt and be like how Somalia in the 60s where every qabil had party making 120 parties running for 1969 elections in tribal lines.
how can you say that when the existence of Somaliland is literally based off of tribalism? Literally the only two things separating SL from Somalia is tribalism and colonialism. SL was colonized by britain and Somalia was colonized by Italy. Your national identity is literally being a victim of colonialism from a different colonial power while also being a victim of tribal warfare. Do you realize how cucked that sounds? “We wuz colonized by the brits so we’re different”.

You can “call for an end” to qabyaalad all you want but nothings gonna change lol. It hasn’t changed for the past 30+ years what makes you think it’ll change in another 30 years if you keep doing the same thing?

how can you say that when the existence of Somaliland is literally based off of tribalism? Literally the only two things separating SL from Somalia is tribalism and colonialism. SL was colonized by britain and Somalia was colonized by Italy. Your national identity is literally being a victim of colonialism from a different colonial power while also being a victim of tribal warfare. Do you realize how cucked that sounds? “We wuz colonized by the brits so we’re different”.

You can “call for an end” to qabyaalad all you want but nothings gonna change lol. It hasn’t changed for the past 30+ years what makes you think it’ll change in another 30 years if you keep doing the same thing?
First of all there wasn't a single Somali nation before the Europeans came as every clan had their own kingdoms or sultanates and second of all take your colonialism bs somewhere else the current borders are results of Europeans bringing different Somali clans under one adminstration whether in Dijbouti SL or Somalia.

Somaliland isn't based of qabayaled is based on community that share common history and customs unlike your Somalia where there's a state build on tribal kinship and a tribal governance system called 4.5 that discriminates against minorities living there, before you whine about SL and qabayaled fix your own house first.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
First of all there wasn't a single Somali nation before the Europeans came as every clan had their own kingdoms or sultanates and second of all take your colonialism bs somewhere else the current borders are results of Europeans bringing different Somali clans under one adminstration whether in Dijbouti SL or Somalia.

Somaliland isn't based of qabayaled is based on community that share common history and customs unlike your Somalia where there's a state build on tribal kinship and a tribal governance system called 4.5 that discriminates against minorities living there, before you whine about SL and qabayaled fix your own house first.
Why do you think every clan has their own ruling faction? Because of tribalism lmfao. The only thing splitting up somalis are qabiils hence qabyaalad. If you were to remove qabyaalad then Somalis would share the common identity of Somali, no? So you really just helped prove my point.

The current borders are a result of europeans? So you mean colonialism? What do europeans have to do with Somalis lol? Why should they choose the borders for us? Can Somalis not choose our own borders unless those borders are clan borders?

“Community that shared common history and customs”, so what common history and customs do the warsangeli and dhulbahante have in common with Isaaqs that they don’t with the rest of Somalia? Other than colonialism lol.

I’m not whining, I’m showing you the reality. SL boils down to colonialism and tribalism, if you don’t think so then answer my questions and/or provide other things that identify SL from Somalia other than colonialism and tribalism.

If the world is going to recognize Somaliland, then they will SL with the same borders as the former British Protectorate. Likewise the world will recognise SL if, under a UN sponsored referendum, a simple majority of INDIVIDUALS in SL vote in favour of independence. Clan matters have no relevance when thinking about the Somaliland issue

We are not picking up bodyparts from the street, I will call that a big difference between Hargeysa and Xamar... :westbrookswag:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We are not picking up bodyparts from the street, I will call that a big difference between Hargeysa and Xamar... :westbrookswag:
1. I didn’t ask for the difference between hargeysa and xamar
2. That’s still not true
3. Does that mean when or if Somalia gets its act together there will be no more difference thus SL would rejoin Somalia?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
If the world is going to recognize Somaliland, then they will SL with the same borders as the former British Protectorate. Likewise the world will recognise SL if, under a UN sponsored referendum, a simple majority of INDIVIDUALS in SL vote in favour of independence. Clan matters have no relevance when thinking about the Somaliland issue
that’s simply not true. The IC couldn’t care less about colonial borders and are far past that. And you also don’t seem to get how referendums work, you don’t just need a majority for a referendum.

Otherwise if me and a million other likeminded individuals wanted to separate. What’s stopping us from also claiming the lands of 500K other people? I mean if a referendum were to be made then we, the 1 million, would have the majority right? A referendum must have complete majority and a legitimate case.

You still can’t answer what sets Somaliland apart from Somalia besides clan and colonialism lol.

1. I didn’t ask for the difference between hargeysa and xamar
2. That’s still not true
3. Does that mean when or if Somalia gets its act together there will be no more difference thus SL would rejoin Somalia?

Somalia will never get it's act together as long as it doesn't accepts Somaliland rightful place, it's political environment will be toxic and full with self-serving politicians and 35.000 african troops that is not doing anything for them.

This will be the daily life - this was yesterday in Xamar.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somalia will never get it's act together as long as it doesn't accepts Somaliland rightful place, it's political environment will be toxic and full with self-serving politicians and 35.000 african troops that is not doing anything for them.

This will be the daily life - this was yesterday in Xamar.

good job dodging the question. Also, Somalia isn’t just xamar lol.

So your reason is still insufficient because it only applies to one area of Somalia, it’s also a quickly changing matter and Somaliland is in just as bad of a position except without the explosions.

SL has as much of a legitimate claim to independence as Puntland or really any other Somali state.

No way should a minority within SL have a veto on whether we separate or reunite, this is neither democratic nor fair generally. A recipe for never ending conflict I say

reer

VIP
No way should a minority within SL have a veto on whether we separate or reunite, this is neither democratic nor fair generally. A recipe for never ending conflict I say
so you support dictatorship of the majority ironic considering your clan have seceded after being snubbed by koonfurians and mudugians.

Why do you think every clan has their own ruling faction? Because of tribalism lmfao. The only thing splitting up somalis are qabiils hence qabyaalad. If you were to remove qabyaalad then Somalis would share the common identity of Somali, no? So you really just helped prove my point.

The current borders are a result of europeans? So you mean colonialism? What do europeans have to do with Somalis lol? Why should they choose the borders for us? Can Somalis not choose our own borders unless those borders are clan borders?

“Community that shared common history and customs”, so what common history and customs do the warsangeli and dhulbahante have in common with Isaaqs that they don’t with the rest of Somalia? Other than colonialism lol.

I’m not whining, I’m showing you the reality. SL boils down to colonialism and tribalism, if you don’t think so then answer my questions and/or provide other things that identify SL from Somalia other than colonialism and tribalism.
You're weird lol SL first elected president was samroon gadabursi who defeated SNM veteran Maxammed Maxammuued Silyaano in 2003 and Today barkhad batuun is the most popular politician in SL and maybe future president of Somaliland.

good job dodging the question. Also, Somalia isn’t just xamar lol.

So your reason is still insufficient because it only applies to one area of Somalia, it’s also a quickly changing matter and Somaliland is in just as bad of a position except without the explosions.

SL has as much of a legitimate claim to independence as Puntland or really any other Somali state.

Nobody cares about what you think about Somalilands right for independence man...
Somaliland have being independent longer than the union with Somalia.

It's not coming back, if you want to accepted it and go on with your life, or not, it's up to you.
But just because you don't think it has a case, even tough the AU and legal scholars call it a a rare and special case in african history, doesn't make it go away .

In the end Somaliland independence is not a legal case but a political one.

@reer we in Somaliland are just wanting to return to the recognised independence that we had for only 5 days in 1960 (26 June to 1 July). All clans in Somaliland voted to restore our independence in 18/5/1991 not just Isaaq.

Instead of looking to reunite with us, isn't it better that Somalia stops being itself balkanised

Trending