Maakhir Salvation Forum condemns Somalilands baseless election claims.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nobody cares about what you think about Somalilands right for independence man...
Somaliland have being independent longer than the union with Somalia.

It's not coming back, if you want to accepted it and go on with your life, or not, it's up to you.
But just because you don't think it has a case, even tough the AU and legal scholars call it a a rare and special case in african history, doesn't make it go away .

In the end Somaliland independence is not a legal case but a political one.
do you seriously think I’m giving out my random opinion on SL’s legitemacy? I’m stating the most logical conclusion and what the IC and UN would most likely think about.

It is both a legal case and a political one, they go hand in hand.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No way should a minority within SL have a veto on whether we separate or reunite, this is neither democratic nor fair generally. A recipe for never ending conflict I say
you’re looking at this wrong, the minority are not vetoing your secession, rather they’re excluding themselves out from the secession.

If it helps, imagine SL claimed independence and then that minority decided to claim independence themselves and rejoin with Somalia. SL can secede all they want but they can’t just take another group with them.

If the majority decides the fate of the minority then wouldn’t that mean somalia (15 mill) would decide the fate of the minority (SL of only 3 mill)?

You can’t have both, it’s either a group can autonomously choose for themselves regardless of their minority status or the majority will always have its way.

@Hot Ballah well the thing is Somalia wants all of Somaliland to unite with her so only when Somalia says they'll accept an independent SL on the condition that SL allows the Harti deegaano to possibly join Somalia then I'll be perhaps more open to changing our borders

Personally I don't understand why (some) Dhulos and Warsans want to be part of a failed Somalia that is itself balkanised and suffers from terrorism, famine, extremism etc. Somaliland is immeasurably much better than every part of Somalia including Banadir. Clan pride/bigotry doesn't put food on the table after all

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Hot Ballah well the thing is Somalia wants all of Somaliland to unite with her so only when Somalia says they'll accept an independent SL on the condition that SL allows the Harti deegaano to possibly join Somalia then I'll be perhaps more open to changing our borders

Personally I don't understand why (some) Dhulos and Warsans want to be part of a failed Somalia that is itself balkanised and suffers from terrorism, famine, extremism etc. Somaliland is immeasurably much better than every part of Somalia including Banadir. Clan pride/bigotry doesn't put food on the table after all
Your first paragraph makes no sense. This isn’t a negotiation. SL has no choice. I doubt SL could even get independence even it gives up SSC. I’m asking you honestly here, if SL hasn’t gotten recognition within the past 30 years. What makes you think it will now?

What is different now?

SL also suffers from famine and extremism. SL literally suffers from the exact same problems as Somalia excepting terrorism. I don’t know why many Somalilanders believe SL is a first world paradise when if SL were to become a legitimate country right now it would become the 3rd poorest country in the world (lower than Somalia) and tied with Somalia at the very bottom of development.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Somalia will never get it's act together as long as it doesn't accepts Somaliland rightful place, it's political environment will be toxic and full with self-serving politicians and 35.000 african troops that is not doing anything for them.

This will be the daily life - this was yesterday in Xamar.

Meanwhile in somaliland your laangaab HJ clan had to protest just for one man to be freed, it took the whole city of burco dehumanising your women just to free a single guy:deadrose:

Your first paragraph makes no sense. This isn’t a negotiation. SL has no choice. I doubt SL could even get independence even it gives up SSC. I’m asking you honestly here, if SL hasn’t gotten recognition within the past 30 years. What makes you think it will now?

What is different now?

SL also suffers from famine and extremism. SL literally suffers from the exact same problems as Somalia excepting terrorism. I don’t know why many Somalilanders believe SL is a first world paradise when if SL were to become a legitimate country right now it would become the 3rd poorest country in the world (lower than Somalia) and tied with Somalia at the very bottom of development.

"Somaliland don't have a choice"

but haven they already chosen a path for themself?
No matter how much you try nothing will change recognition or not.

And no Somaliland don't have famine, the last famine was in Somalia back 2011 and even at that time Somaliland gave what it could.

Here in 2021 2.7 million people are expected to face high levels of acute food insecurity 80% of those people is in Somalia (20% is in Somaliland) combined with Al-shabab suicide bombers and general insecurity and infective paper government that can't coordinate relief because of the insecurity and Al-Shabab control more areas than the government make the situation in Somalia and Somaliland incomparable.

So no Somaliland is not in the same state as Somalia - Somalia is a failed state, do you know what a failed state is?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Here in 2021 2.7 million people are expected to face high levels of acute food insecurity 80% of those people is in Somalia (20% is in Somaliland)
You just answered your own question there lol.

there’s an estimated 16 mill Somalis in Somalia (including SL). 3 million (or ~20%) of which are living in SL.

So the fact that 20% out of 2.7 mill of those expected to be facing will be in SL shows that SL is getting hit by famines at the same rate as the rest of Somalia.

SL isn’t a failed state because it hasn’t even reached the starting line yet lol. As soon as SL reaches there (if it ever does) it will fall face first on the first step

You just answered your own question there lol.

there’s an estimated 16 mill Somalis in Somalia (including SL). 3 million (or ~20%) of which are living in SL.

So the fact that 20% out of 2.7 mill of those expected to be facing will be in SL shows that SL is getting hit by famines at the same rate as the rest of Somalia.

SL isn’t a failed state because it hasn’t even reached the starting line yet lol. As soon as SL reaches there (if it ever does) it will fall face first on the first step

20% of 2,7 mio. is about 550.000 people in Somaliland and no the estimated population is 12,3 mio. in this IPC estimation regarding food insecurity. You can look for yourself - there is even large sways of areas without data, in Somalia, so the situation is probably much more worse in Somalia.

At the end of the day no matter what without nabad you have nothing.

"it will fall face first on the first step"
lol :mjlol: okay....

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP

Somaliland is a xaarhole based on qabil. Who wants to be part of that? It's like all you weirdos are under some sort of massive illusion where your state is an amazing place to live.

30 years of dagaal and Mogadishu is still better than that place.

Somaliland is a xaarhole based on qabil. Who wants to be part of that? It's like all you weirdos are under some sort of massive illusion where your state is an amazing place to live.

30 years of dagaal and Mogadishu is still better than that place.

So thats why people are okay with suicidebombers, assassinations and just general insecurity, it's because people have grown accustomed to it and they fell it's normal..
:hmm:

That explains a lot...but sad though..

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
So thats why people are okay with suicidebombers, assassinations and just general insecurity, it's because people have grown accustomed to it and they fell it's normal..

Face it man, Somaliland is just as bad as Somalia lol. If Somaliland were to become a country today, how many countries would it be more successful than?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somalia is a failed state the only one in the world..
keep deflecting onto Somalia lol. Somaliland is a xaarhole and if it ever became a country it would become the poorest and least developed one in the world kkk.
giphy.gif

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP

I saw ilmo o dintay on the side of the road while I passed those bir shacks, it was also the only place where kids and niqabis doing drugs was normal. Regular qaraxs and it's still somehow less developed than xamar. Anyone denying that place is lost is up in their fantasies.

Apparently you can rob people blind if you hide it behind qabil. Then again you can only blame the people for putting themselves in gaajo and rafaad, 3 decades and they already think living worse than xaywaan in the UK is normal.

Trending