Losing weight

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato
Anyone here on a weight loss journey or on a great diet? I would love to hear your tips and tricks!

Last edited:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Anyone here on a weight loss journey or on a great diet? I would love to hear your tips and tricks!
I’m not sure. I have a fast metabolism so I can’t answer this. But please update I wanna hear how your journey goes!

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I would suggest you to starve yourself as much as possible. Just eat when you're dying with hunger, drink lots of water too, like 7 litres a day. I'm sure you'll lose at least 10kg in couple of weeks.

You can hit the gym but most people quit the gym immediately. So stick with this routine plan of starving yourself.

I’m not in a weight loss journey but for those that are I hope these photos can help and show you the proper way.

1601143663809.jpeg

1601143688961.jpeg

1601143719251.jpeg

I would suggest you to starve yourself as much as possible. Just eat when you're dying with hunger, drink lots of water too, like 7 litres a day. I'm sure you'll lose at least 10kg in couple of weeks.

You can hit the gym but most people quit the gym immediately. So stick with this routine plan of starving yourself.
No, that is not the right way. You don’t need to starve yourself completely. Counting calories works, but with some slight modifications.

1. Wallahi you should only foods you do not enjoy eating
  2. Immediately cease anything with any form of sugar and this includes fruit. If it has ingredients that end with -ose, don’t eat it
  3. Avoid as much processed food as you can. Hint: if it comes in a packet with “nutritional Facts” or similar printed on it, it’s processed food
  4. If you must eat processed food, be honest with yourself about portion sizes. Portion Distortion is real!
  5. Even though you’re doing (4) above… multiply the calories you eat from processed food by 1.5
  6. Realise that any cardio you do at the gym is useless. It may make you feel better mentally but realise it will have zero bearing on your outcome. As such, do not count the calories the machine reads as an offset against your food intake.
  7. Feeling hungry is a sign of virtue. No pain no gain. Hold out as long as you can.
  8. If you are prone to being hangry, stay out of the way of your family when you are in this state
  9. Get up from each meal feeling still hungry. If you violate this rule even once, you have undone 5 days of good. It’s just not worth it.
  10. Sleep is a welcome reprieve from all-consuming hunger. You go to sleep starving and wake up not feeling hungry. Hope that helps saaxiib, that took me a while to write so good luck.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Imo, the single most practical tip: don't ever drink your calories. Stick to water and black coffee. If you must, drink zero calorie squash or fizzy drinks with your meals.

Other than that it depends on how clued up you are. Weight loss is 90% in the kitchen. Don't want to enable an eating disorder, but it is easier to refrain from consuming snacks and sweets than it is burning those excess calories. Of course, I'd still encourage you work out because it dramatically improves your cardiovascular health. No point being in shape if you're not healthy.

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
I would say start with drinking green tea, and honey every morning. It will clean out your system, and make your journey to other types of dieting much easier.

Alluring

Sayonara
Tips

- Think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a temporary diet change because if you do an overkill diet, you'll binge and gain the weight back.

- Don't eat fast foods and remove them from your lifestyle completely. One meal from a place like Mcdonald's is on average 800-1500 calories and lacks in nutrients.

- Lower portions by eating twice a day and don't eat after 4 PM.

- Drink lots of fluids, start incorporating less processed foods.

- Start working out specifically in the mornings and it doesn't have to be a lot, just stay consistent. No need to push yourself past your limits. Build your strength and stamina up over time.

- Do not tell everyone you're losing weight. I know this may sound stupid but you can get evil eye really easily from them causing you to not lose the weight you were bragging about.

- Remember that just because you lose weight doesn't mean you'll have everything you desire. Certain things like shape are genetic and your goal should be to stay healthy, and don't compare yourself to others.

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato

That's basically what I'm doing lol but I'm eating healthier foods and in small amounts.

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato
Tips

- Think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a temporary diet change because if you do an overkill diet, you'll binge and gain the weight back.

- Don't eat fast foods and remove them from your lifestyle completely. One meal from a place like Mcdonald's is on average 800-1500 calories and lacks in nutrients.

- Lower portions by eating twice a day and don't eat after 4 PM.

- Drink lots of fluids, start incorporating less processed foods.

- Start working out specifically in the mornings and it doesn't have to be a lot, just stay consistent. No need to push yourself past your limits. Build your strength and stamina up over time.

- Do not tell everyone you're losing weight. I know this may sound stupid but you can get evil eye really easily from them causing you to not lose the weight you were bragging about.

- Remember that just because you lose weight doesn't mean you'll have everything you desire. Certain things like shape are genetic and your goal should be to stay healthy, and don't compare yourself to others.

Thank you for the awesome tips. Plus that point about evil eye is so true! I'll keep all these points in mind throughout my journey. :yousmart:

Wow that's amazing. My goal is to lose a similar amount by this same time next year, what did you do?

Oh, it was quite easy. All I did was ate healthy and constantly exercised during the day. That's all there is to it. Though, I'll emphasize on diet -- or more particularly, the Somali diet mainly because it's so horrible.

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato
You guys it's actually working, the weight is melting off, never felt better! Thanks for the good advice 🙏🏾💯.

Trending