LOL Eritreans throwing rocks at Dutch cops

You can't just create a new ethnic group because Italians colonized one group and not the other group. It is ridiculous.
Why u talking Rubbish, they have never considered themselves as the same ethnicity as tigrayans long before Italians came. There split by the mereb river. They have fought wars with ethnic tigrayans to keep them out. http://www.madote.com/2010/02/biher-tigrinya-and-tigray-people-war-of.html?m=1 . Read this to get a much better understanding.

Apollo

VIP

VixR

Veritas
No, we are not talking about Tigre, that are a different ethnic group in Eritrea. No we are talking about tigrigna speakers in Ethiopia and Eritrea. Tigres don't speak tigrigna but have their own language called Tigre.
The people I’m aware of call themselves Tigrinya (from Eritrea), but don’t consider themselves Tigray? They’re half Amhara though, and the kids are closer to their Ethio side. Their father is Tigrinya.

You can't just create a new ethnic group because Italians colonized one group and not the other group. It is ridiculous.

Of course you can, as I said it is all about how you identify yourself. Besides, the word Tigrean is also very unfortunate because it literally means a person from Tigray. It also sends a subtle message, that since they are from Tigray, Eritrea is just a province inside Tigray. This is another political tone this word comes with which of course Eritreans want to avoid by any means. So it is understandable if Eritreans say we are not from Tigray.

The people I’m aware of call themselves Tigrinya (from Eritrea), but don’t consider themselves Tigray? They’re half Amhara though, and the kids are closer to their Ethio side. Their father is Tigrinya.
This is why u should only.marry people from your own country. bet they will grow up thinking eritrea should give Ethiopia sea access.

Are you sure they are not Tigre?

Tigrinya is basically the same language as the ones in Tigray (Ethiopia) speak.

Swiss Germans and Austrian Germans have different countries and dialects but they are still seen as ethnic Germans.

No majority of Austrians and Swiss never see themselves as Germans, that is completely wrong. They have even many jokes about "Germans". In fact Eritreans raise the case of these people to show that speaking the same language doesn't necessary make you the same ethnic group. Especially Swiss look down on Germans. Try to ask any Swiss or Austrian if they are German, 99% they will say a big NO.

VixR

Veritas
This is why u should only.marry people from your own country. bet they will grow up thinking eritrea should give Ethiopia sea access.
All I know is this family is half Tigrinya (Eritrea) and half Amhara (Ethiopia).

Is Tigre and Tigrinya not the same thing?

Can you spell out each group and what they call their language, and what they call themselves?

No majority of Austrians and Swiss never see themselves as Germans, that is completely wrong. They have even many jokes about "Germans". In fact Eritreans raise the case of these people to show that speaking the same language doesn't necessary make you the same ethnic group. Especially Swiss look down on Germans.
Why would they look down on germans?

Is Tigre and Tigrinya not the same thing?

There both languages that are spoken in Eritrea that are derived from an ancient language called geez. Tigre shares 71 percent of vocab with geez while tigrinya shares 68 percent with geez. Tigray people speak tigrinya language as well. They are sometimes called tigre in Ethiopia I know that can confuse people.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
it is ridiculous and stupid. at least we somalis don't have that mindset. we always identify as somalis whether we live in djibouti, ethiopia or kenya.

Apollo

VIP
No majority of Austrians and Swiss never see themselves as Germans, that is completely wrong. They have even many jokes about "Germans". In fact Eritreans raise the case of these people to show that speaking the same language doesn't necessary make you the same ethnic group. Especially Swiss look down on Germans. Try to ask any Swiss or Austrian if they are German, 99% they will say a big NO.

They don't see themselves as German now in the citizenship/nationality/semi-cultural sense as the country/state of Germany has attached itself too much with that name. But in the past they did see themselves as just Germans.

Look up the history of that region. Germany itself was only created in the late 1800s. Before that it was a patchwork of German speaking principalities and/or independent merchant regions.

Also forgot to mention there is an ethnic group in Eritrea that reside in the lowlands called tigre that speak tigre. There 99 percent Muslim and are considered habesha.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Why u talking Rubbish, they have never considered themselves as the same ethnicity as tigrayans long before Italians came. There split by the mereb river. They have fought wars with ethnic tigrayans to keep them out. http://www.madote.com/2010/02/biher-tigrinya-and-tigray-people-war-of.html?m=1 . Read this to get a much better understanding.
Wow so because of a river splitting them these ni99as started.hating each other kkkkkkkk if that's not retard i don't know what is.

But in the past they did see themselves as just Germans.

Look up the history of that region. Germany itself was only created in the late 1800s. Before that it was a patchwork of German speaking principalities.

Exactly, you are proving my case. Identities whether ethnicity or nationality are just social constructs and are dynamic that could change in due time. That is exactly what I am talking about. Eritreans currently don't identify themselves as Tigreans or Ethiopians. Identity can be modified using political and social means. It is not static coded in the DNA as many wrongly assume.

Apollo

VIP
Exactly, you are proving my case. Identities whether ethnicity or nationality are just social constructs and are dynamic that could change in due time. That is exactly what I am talking about. Eritreans currently don't identify themselves as Tigreans or Ethiopians. Identity can be modified using political and social means. It is not static coded in the DNA as many wrongly assume.

Issue is, the more educated and informed Swiss and Austrians do see themselves in the ethnic sense to be Germans (just not as being citizens from that country). Only some of the less educated ones don't.

Hitler was an Austrian but the whole world associates him to be a German.

It's not as bad as with Eritreans where a huge portion of Tigrinya Eritreans don't see themselves as being the same ethnicity as Tigray Ethiopians.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Yes I have this friend too he told me he is Tigrinya not Tigray and Eritrean and proud. They are very nationalist not as segmented as the Tigray of Ethiopia were ethnic identities are strong.

Trending

Latest posts