Linguistic diversity

Should minority languages be protected?

• Total voters
This also ties to clan status vs Somali interests. No clan has any exclusive right to anything that contradicts or endangers our national interests and the country at large. Clan is always subordinate to Somali interests. No exceptions made.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Here's a fun fact. When the Anglo-Saxons invaded the British isles & encountered the Native Celts/Britons, they labelled them the "Welsh" which means Alien/foreigner in old English/Anglo-Saxon, since they spoke an alien language to the Germanic Anglo-Saxons.

Till this day, there's an ethnic group in Britain that has adopted the slur "Welsh" as their ethnic name :icon lol:
LOL THIS IS WHERE WALES GOT ITS NAME TRÈS DRÔLE HAHA OUI OUI BAUGGET

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Its interesting how Welsh is preserved better, since it has more speakers than Irish Gaelic & yet Wales has been under English rule for hundreds of years before the English proceeded to conquer Ireland & beat the Gaelic language out of the Irishmen.
Difference.

Welsh waa high IQ and marry into the Anglo Saxon Royal Family.

Irish = low IQ who is to drunk to consider poping royal pussy. Instead, they leave to USA iyo Canada for potato's.

It’s like you can understand some nouns, but the supporting framework is different?

This is what I got:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thats what I mean, we can pick up enough words to understand the gist of what is being said. I think he's making a joke about visiting the doctor. It's obviously a Somali dialect/language. Idk why some people on the forum act like its so alien like a completely foreign language.

only Af Maay, the rest I dont matter
Af maay contains old Somali words that are barely used or have an Arabic equivalent in af maxaa tiri.

It's best to preserve it for the eventual re-Somalifying the Somali language. Maybe along with other proto-Somali languages like af tunni

Muji

VIP
This is tragic other African countries are thinking about sustainability, clean energy and sanitation....we are trying to kill off different dialects being spoken in Somalia. The priorities....

This is tragic other African countries are thinking about sustainability, clean energy and sanitation....we are trying to kill off different dialects being spoken in Somalia. The priorities....

@Knowles

We are experts in killings, destroying and knocking off things, that’s our major strength, building things up, absolutely not.

Yoo

Eel eh?
Should the minority languages in Somalia be given recognition for protection & be kept alive by the law or should they be eliminated by encouraging every single person to only speak Standard Somali inside & outside the home & let the minority languages die off?

Languages like Garre, Bravanese (Swahili dialect), Mushunguli & Tunni will most likely go extinct by the start of the next century if nothing is done to keep them alive. As for Af Maay, it has a fighting chance since there are media outlets that regularly use it & its widely spoken in the South.

Af maay is so wideley spoken even in the capital that it annoys me ngl, horrible language.

@Knowles

We are experts in killings, destroying and knocking off things, that’s our major strength, building things up, absolutely not.

Let it all burn down saxiib, let it all burn!

200.gif

It’s really confusing. When I ask myself why people like OP think like this it can only be out of insecurity.
Can't you read? Nowhere did i state in my OP that i wanted minority languages to be eliminated. I simply posed a question for people to respond to, since i'm curious of what others think about linguistic diversity.

Muji

VIP
Can't you read? Nowhere did i state in my OP that i wanted minority languages to be eliminated. I simply posed a question for people to respond to, since i'm curious of what others think about linguistic diversity.
This is the last thing you should be curious of. Why does it make a difference for any group of people to speak with their own dialect? We have bigger issues to discuss man.

Trending

Latest posts