lightskin somalis being mistaken for habesha

Fay

DELETED
It’s good, life here is great in my opinion. Yes, Ramina stays in San Diego I seen her one time at a wedding. Is there any Somalis in Louisiana? I know theirs some in Dallas & Houston, I drove with my cousins family from Texas to Atlanta Georgia a few years ago in 2016 and we was driving on the interstate 10/12 freeway through Lousiana, Mississippi, alabama and Georgia state. We stopped by Baton Rouge for like 30 minutes and was eating at raising canes. Louisana has a very unique vibe.

Nah i havent seen any somalis... im here for work im really from toronto originally.. ive just been seeing cadans and black americans and a few latinos... its a bit depressing no somalis here... but id love to move to cali, where do all the somalis live? San diego? And i heard theres somalis in Houston but when i was there i only saw AA wnd nigerians... i wanna move to either atlanta or cali

A Madow once told me are you habeshi and I said no I’m Somali and he said you can’t be because Somalis are the darkest people in Africa and I was like wtf?! I had to tell him we have all ranges of skin tones and Sudanese are the darkest in Africa this Madow still didn’t believe I was Somali and he was very dark skinned himself. Where do they get their info from?

No, I live in San Diego I’m orignally from Minneapolis, MN born and raised there, I also lived in Colombus, Oh. I lived in LA for 6 months about a year ago. it’s like an hour and a half drive from where I stay.
I’m considering moving to one of those 4 cities you mentioned. Which one do you like the best? Especially how are MN and Columbus different since they have large Somali population and also cold winters? I didn’t know LA had Somalis, weren’t you lonely there? I’m also considering Phoenix. I’ll be moving alone and it would be nice to be around a nice size Somali community.

Hows cali? Im in louisiana id love to move to cali tho u from the same part as ramina dime?
Wow damn there’s Somalis in Louisiana too? Do we live everywhere? What city and how do you like it? I’m looking for new city to relocate to.

Fay

DELETED
I’m considering moving to one of those 4 cities you mentioned. Which one do you like the best? Especially how are MN and Columbus different since they have large Somali population and also cold winters? I didn’t know LA had Somalis, weren’t you lonely there? I’m also considering Phoenix. I’ll be moving alone and it would be nice to be around a nice size Somali community.
Where u at

Where u at
I don’t like to disclose my location online but let’s just say I don’t live in any of the major cities that’s very popular with Somalis.

Mind if you ask what are youdoing in Baton Rouge? Heard there’s a very large and long time Asian residents there? And that It’s also dirty cheap and beautiful, is that also true?

Fay

DELETED
I don’t like to disclose my location online but let’s just say I don’t live in any of the major cities that’s very popular with Somalis.

Mind if you ask what are youdoing in Baton Rouge? Heard there’s a very large and long time Asian residents there? And that It’s also dirty cheap and beautiful, is that also true?
Its really cheap i work out here.. theres asians but it has a large AA community but im in suburbs nothing but a bunch of old white retired couples i. My side.. its ok tho.. no somalis here. I heard theres so many somalis in iowa and nebraska but they r fobs i dno if thats true

Its really cheap i work out here.. theres asians but it has a large AA community but im in suburbs nothing but a bunch of old white retired couples i. My side.. its ok tho.. no somalis here. I heard theres so many somalis in iowa and nebraska but they r fobs i dno if thats true
Yes that’s true, those are fob states lol because they work at meat factories. How long you’re staying in Baton Rouge? Where r you from originally? I’m assuming you gonna move back. Honestly without Somalis don’t you feel very lonely?

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
A Madow once told me are you habeshi and I said no I’m Somali and he said you can’t be because Somalis are the darkest people in Africa and I was like wtf?! I had to tell him we have all ranges of skin tones and Sudanese are the darkest in Africa this Madow still didn’t believe I was Somali and he was very dark skinned himself. Where do they get their info from?
Wallahi I'm sobbing that's hilarious :damn::deadrose:

Fay

DELETED
Yes that’s true, those are fob states lol because they work at meat factories. How long you’re staying in Baton Rouge? Where r you from originally? I’m assuming you gonna move back. Honestly without Somalis don’t you feel very lonely?
Originally born and raised in toronto but came to usa cos i married an american... im comfortable with every race except cadans to be honest im a social butterfly but i do be missing somalis sometimes especially other somali women who i can relate to, u know wat i mean? So do only fobs work in meat factories?

Originally born and raised in toronto but came to usa cos i married an american... im comfortable with every race except cadans to be honest im a social butterfly but i do be missing somalis sometimes especially other somali women who i can relate to, u know wat i mean? So do only fobs work in meat factories?
Haa because they can’t speak the language and I think most don’t have high school diploma which is needed even for minimum wage. Plus I heard they work long hours and bring in big bucks! We’re talking about working 80plus per week. I dunno how but fobs have amazing energy, must be the caano geel and fresh foods of Africa or something. I once went to Minneapolis and got picked up by fob kid. He told me he has 3 or 4 jobs and brings in like 5k a month lol. He said he already built 2 homes and got married twice in Somalia. I was like wow damn!

Fay

DELETED
Haa because they can’t speak the language and I think most don’t have high school diploma which is needed even for minimum wage. Plus I heard they work long hours and bring in big bucks! We’re talking about working 80plus per week. I dunno how but fobs have amazing energy, must be the caano geel and fresh foods of Africa or something. I once went to Minneapolis and got picked up by fob kid. He told me he has 3 or 4 jobs and brings in like 5k a month lol. He said he already built 2 homes and got married twice in Somalia. I was like wow damn!
Lmfao i see somali truck drivers too they all look like fobs too ion know im canadian im not used to so many fobs damn america has all the fobs lol

I've never lived around Xabeshis but the first time I got mistaken for one was in Washington Dulles airport. A middle-aged Xabeshi man approached me and asked a question (I assumed he was because of his tone) in Amharic. Weird thing is- I'm not light-skinned. Moderately dark with classically Somali features. Taller than the average Xabesh female too. And was wearing a hijab.

I just pointed to some random direction and we stared awkwardly at each other. Then he left.

I've never lived around Xabeshis but the first time I got mistaken for one was in Washington Dulles airport. A middle-aged Xabeshi man approached me and asked a question (I assumed he was because of his tone) in Amharic. Weird thing is- I'm not light-skinned. Moderately dark with classically Somali features. Taller than the average Xabesh female too. And was wearing a hijab.

I just pointed to some random direction and we stared awkwardly at each other. Then he left.

I think habesha guys have crush on Somali girls secretly because this happens to most Somali girls. They’ll pretend they think we’re Ethiopians just to strike up a convo. Somalis look nothing like Ethiopians. I mean even cadaans know the difference. You just have to see 5 of each group to know we’re not the same. North Sudanese on the other hand are nearly indistinguishable from us and we from them. My best friend is Sudanese and we look literally identical that people think we’re sisters. I get accused of being Sudanese and she of being Somali but that never happens with my habesha friends. Even Eritreans look bit more like us than habesha.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I've observed the opposite here in brexit it's the Ethiopians being mistaken for Somalis. Also Eritreans are basically Somalis anyway so who cares :patrice:
This.

It’s the Somalis that usually can’t tell the difference (“are you somali”, “you somali warya?” ring any bells to you?).

Last edited:
I see some of you don’t like being mistaken for habesha, ok fair enough but how come I see no threads from those that are mistaken for kenyan, ugandan, angolan, nigerian etc. I only see many threads for being mistaken for habesha. when is the coming out for the rest? 🤔
:hmm:

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
I see some of you don’t like being mistaken for habesha but how come I see no threads from those that are mistaken for kenyan, ugandan, angolan, nigerian etc. I only see many threads for being mistaken for habesha. when is the coming out for the rest? 🤔
:hmm:
I mean u guys are Semitic speaking cushites and we are cushitic as well so its not that crazy

Trending