lightskin somalis being mistaken for habesha

Is it just me or does it seem like nearly all somalis that get mistaken for habesha are lightskin :childplease: I’ve been asked if I was ethiopian and eritrean a few times and I don’t have any of their signature features like their eye shape

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
My mom is light af but she look nothing like habesha she get mistaken for Sudanese

I’m brown/dark depending on my water intake that week and I get mistaken too a few times. But not that often. My 6’1 height should be enough to realise I’m not one of them. I like how whenever a habesha girl sees me she does a double take and wonders.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Is it just me or does it seem like nearly all somalis that get mistaken for habesha are lightskin :childplease: I’ve been asked if I was ethiopian and eritrean a few times and I don’t have any of their signature features like their eye shape
Not all Somalis are lights skin and not all Habasha or Eritreans are light skin.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I know the feeling. If I had a dollar for every time I was mistaken for them raw meat eaters I’d be making Jeff Bezos look poor :mjcry::snoop:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
I get it all the time and when I say I'm Somali they usually always say, "Oh no problem we same same. We are one people" :mjlol:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
I’m brown/dark depending on my water intake that week and I get mistaken too a few times. But not that often. My 6’1 height should be enough to realise I’m not one of them. I like how whenever a habesha girl sees me she does a double take and wonders.

This is the best part wlhi :wow1:

Is this your way of telling us your light skin.

Is this your way of telling us your light skin.
giphy.gif

I’ve been mistaken for being habesha by this one habesha girl in Los Angeles and I don’t even look like it, I’m a dark skin melanted faarax. :mjlaugh:

Although they’re is some dark skin habeshas too.:mjdontkno:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
If their hair is 4c with a light skin, then yes

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
This old adeer literally stood infront me stared at me, and say warya you somali or ethiopian, my heart sunk how can u mistake me for those raw meat eating baboons :kodaksmiley: :mjcry:

Trending