Latinas Reverting to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, in the end, we are pretty insignificant and nothing remotely notable would change in this universe (or even our galaxy) if we died out right now.
It's actually absurd to say that comparing humans to other animals is "false equivalence". We are animals! It's very anthropocentric to suggest that merely having a feature which may or may not be specific to us makes us anymore special. Do you realise you're saying that a goat feels pain, but for this pain to qualify for some sort of retribution it has to be human pain (one that contains life memories, regrets, questioning why what's happening is happening etc)? It doesn't get more anthropocentric than this! Your definition of real pain & death is human pain & death.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It's actually absurd to say that comparing humans to other animals is "false equivalence". We are animals! It's very anthropocentric to suggest that merely having a feature which may or may not be specific to us makes us anymore special. Do you realise you're saying that a goat feels pain, but for this pain to qualify for some sort of retribution it has to be human pain (one that contains life memories, regrets, questioning why what's happening is happening etc)? It doesn't get more anthropocentric than this! Your definition of real pain & death is human pain & death.

I never denied that we are animals (did I not say we are within the "animal kingdom"?). All I'm saying is that we have a level of mental development so vastly beyond what most other animals are capable of that comparing their suffering to ours is a bit of a joke, to be honest.There's nothing incorrect about that nor is it even "anthropocentric". It's merely stating a facts; the way we suffer is not like the way a goat suffers and is more complex than the way a goat suffers, simple. Now, this doesn't mean I condone torturing goats, man. Quite the opposite, actually. However, I'm not for comparing Human lives to those of goats and acting like they're "equal" because that's where I see absurdity at play but you're entitled to your own opinions.

Last edited:
I never denied that we are animals (did I not say were are within the "animal kingdom"?). All I'm saying is that we have a level of mental development so vastly beyond what most other animals are capable of that comparing their suffering to ours is a bit of a joke, to be honest.There's nothing incorrect about that nor is it even "anthropocentric". It's merely stating a facts; the way we suffer is not like the way a goat suffers and is more complex than the way a goat suffers, simple. Now, this doesn't mean I condone torturing goats, man. Quite the opposite, actually. However, I'm not for comparing Human lives to those of goats and acting like they're "equal". That's where I see absurdity at play but you're entitled to your own opinions.
But the lack of the same factors -- which you have taken to have made human suffering more complex -- in goat's life could have made their suffering more complex. But to assume either way is to assume that one has some sort of an objective standpoint, which is very anthropomorphic. More telling, in fact, is that you take this to be "merely stating facts" and dismiss the comparison of human suffering to that of other animals as a "joke", despite acknowledging that we're ourselves animals. So I see an opinion presented as an objective universal truth.

I love how people on this thread forums just spute so many different statements with no evidence.
Most of the somalis who jumped on those boats to the West must be suffering PTSD or something.
"The earth is 5billion years old!" "No! It's 200thousand years old!". Loool ya rabb do you lot (lo') even know what you're talking about? Damn I've always known Somalis suffer with unverified verbal diarrhoea but this forum takes the biscuit.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The heliocentric, sun worshipping servants of Satan have convinced you that you've been created by an unintelligent, unconscious 'cosmos' and the sun (their idol) is the centre of the universe, that the earth is an insignificant spinning ball among billions of others, and that you as a human beings are even more 'insignificant', that there's no such thing as free will, oh and you must prepare for the upcoming alien invasion [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Damn I've always known Somalis suffer with unverified verbal diarrhoea but this forum takes the biscuit.
Or maybe you're ignorant yourself? A little humility goes a long way. A lot of incredible work has been done in science in the last hundred or so years. We know some stuff that our ancestors couldn't have even dreamed of. The same science that made it possible for you to be able to send this message through your tiny little device is also responsible for explaining much of how the world works. So the evidence that there has been a scientific revolution is in your pockets and bedrooms but you just choose to ignore.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
The heliocentric, sun worshipping servants of Satan have convinced you that you've been created by an unintelligent, unconscious 'cosmos' and the sun (their idol) is the centre of the universe, that the earth is an insignificant spinning ball among billions of others, and that you as a human beings are even more 'insignificant', that there's no such thing as free will, oh and you must prepare for the upcoming alien invasion [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

KKKK the sun is not even at the center of the universe...That belief too was completely blown out of the waters due to modern astronomy. I know its hard pill to swallow the fact that we are basically insignificant people living in a vast indifferent universe. Its more comforting to think that we are all unique special snowflakes living in a universe that caters to all the needs of every human being. Am I rite?:whoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.