Land of Punt: Secretarybird depiction found in paintings confirms African location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Sagittarius_serpentarius_Sekretär.JPG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretarybird

These birds of prey are found in the open grasslands and savannahs all across sub-Saharan Africa from east to west to south.

The important bit is that they are only found in Africa so the Arabian Peninsula is no longer a contender as a possible location for the Land of Punt.

Also, in case you missed it, in 2010, a genetic study was conducted on mummified remains of baboons that were brought back from Punt by the ancient Egyptians. They were determined to be more closely related to baboons in Eritrea and Ethiopia than baboons in Somalia but there was an error.

In 2015, the same scientists did a follow-up study and concluded that "our results reveal a high likelihood match with eastern Somalia and the Eritrea-Ethiopia corridor, suggesting that this region was the source of Papio hamadryas exported to Ancient Egypt."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Punt#Location

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
@Factz Can you roast/educate this guy in the comments please? It's some white trash who's denying the land of punt was in Somalia.
https://tinyurl.com/y7qzhnqu
I saw that as well. He's just jealous that his ancestors were naked cannibals while we were the envy of Ancient Egypt. The only thing he has to be proud of before the middle ages is being colonised by superior races like the Romans.
:mjlol:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Crow Thanks for showing me this video brother! I was so busy with a project in my university.

I believe Land of Punt was located in Somaliland and Puntland. Those Ethiopians and Eritreans need to stop claiming our ancient history.
:kodaksmiley:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Some of these idiots think Vikings left the lush greenery of Scandinavia, and traveled all the way south, where there's more lush greenery of the Mediterranean, and by sea, traveled to North Africa, where there's some grasslands, but generally desert, and proceeded to go further east where there's more desert, luckily find a river and create the kingdom of Egypt.

This shit makes Harry Potter sound like a general fact.

Some of these idiots think Vikings left the lush greenery of Scandinavia, and traveled all the way south, where there's more lush greenery of the Mediterranean, and by sea, traveled to North Africa, where there's some grasslands, but generally desert, and proceeded to go further east where there's more desert, luckily find a river and create the kingdom of Egypt.

This shit makes Harry Potter sound like a general fact.

Kkk WE WUZ VIKANGZ :mjlol: white people are delusional

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Land of Punt was most likely Puntland or anywhere frankincense is grown. Last time I checked, no frankincense grows in Somaliland, so how did they get into the picture? Or is it you just wanna throw somaliland around into any mighty history claim project because it appears close in proximity to Puntland geographically speaking? Forget it boys, if Bari isn't the land of punt in Somalia, nowhere else will take the mantle because land of punt exchanged frankincense with the pharoahs and 'maydhi' stuff only grows in puntland(as far as somalia is concerned anyways).

Besides the ancient puntites were most likely afars. Looks quite similar if you ask me

538006cd5f0dde49d900f38f8fd7aa89.jpg

Looks similar to me in the wall painting of egypt

Somalia.jpg

They also still wear that white robe

images

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Land of Punt was most likely Puntland or anywhere frankincense is grown. Last time I checked, no frankincense grows in Somaliland, so how did they get into the picture? Or is it you just wanna throw somaliland around into any mighty history claim project because it appears close in proximity to Puntland geographically speaking? Forget it boys, if Bari isn't the land of punt in Somalia, nowhere else will take the mantle because land of punt exchanged frankincense with the pharoahs and 'maydhi' stuff only grows in puntland(as far as somalia is concerned anyways)

Most of Punt ruins are found in Somaliland. There are also frankincense in Somaliland specifically in Sanaag region which is way more than Bari.

In fact, all of the ancient paintings in Somalia are located in Somaliland which dates back to the Land of Punt. There is a Somaliland museum which shows you the Punt statues, tools and cultural items.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Ancient Afar population must've of settled in Puntland also so the location may have been anywhere. Somalis or our ancestors darod ismail didn't arrive till much later like a 4000 years after these boys. You do realize Puntlanders are arab in lineage? We report to a man named Abdirahman Jabarti from Yemen. His father is buried in yemen Sheikh Ismacil Jabarti in zabid yemen where abdillahi yusuf visited his tomb. Plus yemenis and in particularly mahris of yemen attend our king crowning something they do for no other clan in Somalia that claims arab.

Land of Punt was most likely Puntland or anywhere frankincense is grown. Last time I checked, no frankincense grows in Somaliland, so how did they get into the picture? Or is it you just wanna throw somaliland around into any mighty history claim project because it appears close in proximity to Puntland geographically speaking? Forget it boys, if Bari isn't the land of punt in Somalia, nowhere else will take the mantle because land of punt exchanged frankincense with the pharoahs and 'maydhi' stuff only grows in puntland(as far as somalia is concerned anyways).

Besides the ancient puntites were most likely afars. Looks quite similar if you ask me

538006cd5f0dde49d900f38f8fd7aa89.jpg

Looks similar to me in the wall painting of egypt

Somalia.jpg

They also still wear that white robe

images

Here comes the crackhead with his usual bullshit. Not only is frankincense grown in Somaliland , literally the best frankincense in the world comes from Somaliland not Puntland . The Roman Catholic Church buys their frankincense From SL for a reason . Somaliland - northern Ethiopia - Eritrea was the Land Of Punt, NOT Puntland.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Here comes the crackhead with his usual bullshit. Not only is frankincense grown in Somaliland , literally the best frankincense in the world comes from Somaliland not Puntland . The Roman Catholic Church buys their frankincense From SL for a reason . Somaliland - northern Ethiopia - Eritrea was the Land Of Punt, NOT Puntland.

The Afar settle eritrea and may have settled all along djibouti to Puntland. We still have structures from a people from by-gone eras in Puntland such as graves, monuments, languages that are foreign. So Punt was a people and that people like somalis may have lived in eritrea all the way to puntland along the coast line. But the people of Punt was definitely the AFAR, there was no eritrea back then nor habesha, were talking 5000 years ago for goodness sakes that's when pharoah lived.

Now I suspect the land of punt was puntland because it still carries out that ancient tradition of frankincense. Show me where in Somaliland GDP frankincense is a commodity today or anywhere in the horn or yemen? It's only Puntland, passed down generation after generation after they met with pharoah.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The Afar settle eritrea and may have settled all along djibouti to Puntland. We still have structures from a people from by-gone eras in Puntland such as graves, monuments, languages that are foreign. So Punt was a people and that people like somalis may have lived in eritrea all the way to puntland along the coast line. But the people of Punt was definitely the AFAR, there was no eritrea back then nor habesha, were talking 5000 years ago for goodness sakes that's when pharoah lived.
Ancient Afar population must've of settled in Puntland also so the location may have been anywhere. Somalis or our ancestors darod ismail didn't arrive till much later like a 4000 years after these boys. You do realize Puntlanders are arab in lineage? We report to a man named Abdirahman Jabarti from Yemen. His father is buried in yemen Sheikh Ismacil Jabarti in zabid yemen where abdillahi yusuf visited his tomb. Plus yemenis and in particularly mahris of yemen attend our king crowning something they do for no other clan in Somalia that claims arab.

Afars have always lived in the Awash river and the red sea. Northern Somalia is the homeland of Somalis you moron.

As for Darood. Sorry, genetics debunks the Arab daddy myth and has proven that you guys are pure Somalis just like the rest of Somalis.

Afars have always lived in the Awash river and the red sea. Northern Somalia is the homeland of Somalis you moron.

As for Darood. Sorry, genetics debunks the Arab daddy myth and has proven that you guys are pure Somalis just like the rest of Somalis.

These people are worse than gypsys when it comes to claiming other people’s lands and history

Actually most frankincense is found in bari and there's even some in nugaal, the ancient egyptians mostly wanted incense and opone was the land of incense. There's also many archaeological findings that suggest its the most important port the punt went to as the region was the bridge between azania and the red sea. Opone also served as a port of call for merchants from phoenicia, Greece, persia, Yemen, Nabataea, Azania and the Roman empire while merchants could travel as far as Indonesia and Mayalsia to trade in Opone.

Status
Not open for further replies.