Lamagoodle Somalis on twitter xenophobic comments towards members of Somalia Bantu community.

Arab is a linguistic term more than anything, lots of "arabs" from arab countries have little actual arab dna.

Even if we do share ancestry with them, why would we change ourselves to be like them? Ancestry doesn't mean we have to be the same.
This idea that Arabised Arabs carry little amounts of Arabian dna needs to be thrown in the bin. For example, Algerian Arabs carry substantial Arabian dna on average at 30% and Sudanese Arabs carry around 30% or more.

We're already practically the same as the Arabians culture-wise, from what we eat to how we dress. It's only natural that we learn Arabic as a people to further cement our relations with the Arab World and enjoy the privileges that come with being an Arab in places like Doha, Dubai and other rich Arabian cities.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
This idea that Arabised Arabs carry little amounts of Arabian dna needs to be thrown in the bin. For example, Algerian Arabs carry substantial Arabian dna on average at 30% and Sudanese Arabs carry around 30% or more.

We're already practically the same as the Arabians culture-wise, from what we eat to how we dress. It's only natural that we learn Arabic as a people to further cement our relations with the Arab World and enjoy the privileges that come with being an Arab in places like Doha, Dubai and other rich Arabian cities.
I said a lot of not all, and even then 30 percent is nothing if you're trying to claim that as your main ethnicity.

You're suggesting we abandon our millenia old language for Arabic because...it gives us "benefits" in Arab countries.

We already learn Arabic for religious reasons, that's enough, we're not Arabs and thus forcing everyone to speak Arabic is stupid, and also would never happen.
:comeon:

I said a lot of not all, and even then 30 percent is nothing if you're trying to claim that as your main ethnicity.

You're suggesting we abandon our millenia old language for Arabic because...it gives us "benefits" in Arab countries.

We already learn Arabic for religious reasons, that's enough, we're not Arabs and thus forcing everyone to speak Arabic is stupid, and also would never happen.
:comeon:
Arabic is the future for Somalis in Somalia and Djibouti. And yes, 30% is substantial when you also factor in how racially similar Berbers and Nubians already were to Arabian Conquerors due to shared Afro-Asiatic heritage.

The number of Arabic speakers is growing steadily without a proper education system, imagine the explosion in Arabic speakers when a proper education system is put in place.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Arabic is the future for Somalis in Somalia and Djibouti. And yes, 30% is substantial when you also factor in how racially similar Berbers and Nubians already were to Arabian Conquerors due to shared Afro-Asiatic heritage.

The number of Arabic speakers is growing steadily without a proper education system, imagine the explosion in Arabic speakers when a proper education system is put in place.
English would be more useful.

And what dialect would we speak? The only type of Arabic Somalis know is fusha, we don't even have our own dialect.

We'd have to steal from the yemenis.

Too much work, we already have our own language.
:gaasdrink:

English would be more useful.

And what dialect would we speak? The only type of Arabic Somalis know is fusha, we don't even have our own dialect.

We'd have to steal from the yemenis.

Too much work, we already have our own language.
:gaasdrink:
Most of our trade is with other Arab states, so prioritising Arabic would make more sense. Standard Arabic would be sufficient for Somalis, since other Arabs learn Standard Arabic as well in school.

Over time, a street/local Arabic unique to Somalis could develop & become our dialect.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Most of our trade is with other Arab states, so prioritising Arabic would make more sense. Standard Arabic would be sufficient for Somalis, since other Arabs learn Standard Arabic as well in school.

Over time, a street/local Arabic unique to Somalis could develop & become our dialect.
Be serious for a moment. You want a near 40m ethnicity with a completely distinct culture to Arabs to somehow adopt Arabic? Your delusion is going too far, are you trolling or serious?

Be serious for a moment. You want a near 40m ethnicity with a completely distinct culture to Arabs to somehow adopt Arabic? Your delusion is going too far, are you trolling or serious?
Yes, I want balls to the wall linguistic Arabization.

Our Culture is already an Arab one with Somali characteristics that makes it different to other Arab sub-cultures.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Yes, I want balls to the wall linguistic Arabization.

Our Culture is already an Arab one with Somali characteristics that makes it different to other Arab sub-cultures.
IMG_3308.png

They are honestly quite good people. I'd prefer living with them than to any other Somali as they don't possess bad qualities and are nothing but nice.

Somali bantus are a very visible population in somalia. Even in northern cities like Bosaso and Garowe you would see them. Never mind in the south were they make up 20-30% of all the cities. The problem here is the disconnect between the diasporas vision of somalia. 90% of the diaspora are northerners who were only exposed a to version of somalia that they left in the 90s.

You can easy tell whose a northerner and whose a southerner when it comes to the topic of somali bantus. Southerners were exposed to somali bantus as neighbors and friends and classmates growing up. Even if there is still oppression against them. It pales to what northerners believe about the somali bantu question.

A lot of the somali diaspora aren’t even aware of af-maay that’s the level of ignorance you’re dealing with.

My grandparents for instance learned somali in their grown years. They spoke af-gaare in their day to day lives and still do. But people being unaware completely of the linguistic and ethnic diversity of somalia is all kacaan era propaganda.

We truly don’t know the linguistic diversity we lost during the formation of the somali nation. it was probably the case before colonization that every qabil had its own dialect or every region had its own dialect cluster. Alas an amateur linguist like myself could only dream.

Exactly.

I will not allow the Madowification of our people to happen!
I've had thoughts about starting up & funding a Somali-Arab militia to round up the bantus & barwanis in the South and expel them to Kenya.

But I figured it's just too much effort for a place filled with tribalists that'll backstab you instantly.

I actually don’t care anymore if Somali Bantus are the majority in Somalia.

as long as they’re contributing and integrating to our society this shouldn’t concern people.

Somalia should become like Ethiopia by accepting every races of people into their society.

The problem of Somalia is clan dispute and al-Shaabab (Islamic militant group) that should be wiped out of the face of the earth.
Problem is Ethiopia doesn't ''accept'' them. they tolerate those minorities.

Somali bantus are a very visible population in somalia. Even in northern cities like Bosaso and Garowe you would see them. Never mind in the south were they make up 20-30% of all the cities. The problem here is the disconnect between the diasporas vision of somalia. 90% of the diaspora are northerners who were only exposed a to version of somalia that they left in the 90s.

You can easy tell whose a northerner and whose a southerner when it comes to the topic of somali bantus. Southerners were exposed to somali bantus as neighbors and friends and classmates growing up. Even if there is still oppression against them. It pales to what northerners believe about the somali bantu question.

A lot of the somali diaspora aren’t even aware of af-maay that’s the level of ignorance you’re dealing with.

My grandparents for instance learned somali in their grown years. They spoke af-gaare in their day to day lives and still do. But people being unaware completely of the linguistic and ethnic diversity of somalia is all kacaan era propaganda.

We truly don’t know the linguistic diversity we lost during the formation of the somali nation. it was probably the case before colonization that every qabil had its own dialect or every region had its own dialect cluster. Alas an amateur linguist like myself could only dream.
20-30%? How did we let it get this bad?

Trending