Ladies: Do you wear a hijab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wear a hijab, did you make the decision to wear it, or were you pressured by your parents and forced to wear it?

If you don't wear a hijab, do you ever feel pressured into wearing it? Or feel judged by Somalis for not wearing it?

Last edited:

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
Yeah. Wasn't pressured in fact after there was an attack on a hijabi in our area I was asked if I wanted to take it off. This isn't something that you should be pressured into because then it becomes a symbol of your relationship with your parents instead of with Allah, and that's when (SOME) girls who take it off begin to feel it as a symbol of oppression.

I only wear a hijab when I'm wearing a bikini @Rorschach :shaq:

lxMXeL.gif

To answer the question, yes I do. Was never forced to by my parents alhamdullilah, I find it stupid to force it on your kids anyway seeing as they'll end up secretly hating it, and taking it off at every opportunity. Most of the girls I know who've kept their hijab on all these years originally chose to wear it, while the ones who were pressured stopped wearing it once they left home, or live that whole double-life thing of taking it off when they're out and putting it back on before they get home.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Hmmmmm I would get the living shit beat out of me but thanks for your advice. Like telling them has never crossed my mind.

It can't go on forever I mean, like, just like the sun shining every day it's inevitable that you will have that 'talk' with them.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The hilarious thing is my kid sister who's 18 wears it when she wants, compulsion was never a thing in my house, and yet my sister is a Muslim and she prays out of her own will.

Then you have closet apostates who appear to look more Muslim than my sister that is so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending