Just how much oil is Somalia rumored to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that there is no substantial oil reserves found.

Somalia is already a shitshow and thats when its a barren land

Can't imagine the level of fighting over actual resource occurs

Let's be real if Somalia had enough oil worth drilling it would've been done by now.
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-01-18/news/mn-1337_1_oil-reserves
They wouldve done it long time ago, the only problem is that Somalis are the most difficult ppl to exploit, Somalis are basically like a car with no steering wheel or brakes, nothing is official in Somalia, look at how we treated the two of the most powerful countries in the world during the 80s, they were stunned :siilaanyolaugh:

Exactly, even if there is peace & stability natural resouces will turn Somalia into another "Gabon" and it'll destroy other sectors of the economy. Resource curse should be avoided.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-01-18/news/mn-1337_1_oil-reserves
They wouldve done it long time ago, the only problem is that Somalis are the most difficult ppl to exploit, Somalis are basically like a car with no steering wheel or brakes, nothing is official in Somalia, look at how we treated the two of the most powerful countries in the world during the 80s, they were stunned :siilaanyolaugh:

You don't know until you study a lot further just how much is there," O'Connor said. "But it has commercial potential. It's got high potential . . . once the Somalis get their act together.

24 years later, act still not gotten together :mjlol:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
We're one funny ppl walahi lol,

This O'Connor geologist must've died of old age by now. Something tells me i'll be 70 by the time Somalia reaches current African standards (i.e Strong economy but only one or two nice cities).

This O'Connor geologist must've died of old age by now. Something tells me i'll be 70 by the time Somalia reaches current African standards (i.e Strong economy but only one or two nice cities).
Somaaliyaa Kajooga

Joogi meyno

Somaaliyaa is cafiya

Cafi meyno

Somaaliyaa isku imaada

Imaani meyno

Somaaliyaa aduunka weytagtay

Tegi meyno

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

Somali's are fighting because Somalia is barren land. If it was lush land, then our whole culture would be completely different, we would have evolved to be farmers and would be submissive and misaaken. However, our land was harsh so it forced us to be hard men.

Why fight when you can all get rich? Each city can have it's own paved airport, roads, hospitals, schools, and it would still not cost a dent. Fight and nobody gets anything. We should all unite to fight corruption, not something retarded like qabiil which was only formed because we were POOR.

Somali's are fighting because Somalia is barren land. If it was lush land, then our whole culture would be completely different and we would have evolved to be farmers and would be submissive and misaaken.

Why fight when you can all get rich? Each city can have it's own paved airport, roads, hospitals, schools, and it would still not cost a dent. Fight and nobody gets anything.
True that, we can't retrieve oil or mine minerals ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts