Just how much oil is Somalia rumored to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE GOTZ OYLZ AND SHITZ.

No seriously, there no smoke without fire.
Speculation of huge reserve because of our proximity to the Arabian peninsula didn't pan out to be such, our country was relativly closed till '91 making the west speculate and only till administrations started popping up where their chances to drill and search for oil, nothing significant as of yet.
resource poor countries tend to have better governance and less corruption (Singapore, Rwanda) i hope Somalia will take that route and work on what we do have instead of trying to find a golden cow.

Last edited:
Speculation of huge reserve because of our proximity to the Arabian peninsula didn't pan out to be such, our country was relativly closed till '91 making the west speculate and only till administrations started popping up where their chances to drill and search for oil, nothing significant as of yet.
Recourse poor countries tend to have better governance and less corruption (Singapore, Rwanda) i hope Somalia will take that route and working on what we do have instead of trying to find a golden cow.

Resource poor countries also have longer histories of centralised governance and nationhood. A lot of resource-rich nations in Africa and Asia are colonial constructs with fake borders and boundaries.

Also, more affluent nations like Singapore have a different kind of resource - human resource. You can't build a prosperous country if you don't have a highly educated and disciplined population to provide the workforce.

Resource poor countries also have longer histories of centralised governance and nationhood. A lot of resource-rich nations in Africa and Asia are colonial constructs with fake borders and boundaries.

Also, more affluent nations like Singapore have a different kind of resource - human resource. You can't build a prosperous country if you don't have a highly educated and disciplined population to provide the workforce.
This video touches on that subject, a country build from naturel resources doesnt need to tend for its population as it can extract the resources for minimal cost , but a labourer/farmer needs roads to transport his wares need a hospital when hes sick, schools to educate those doctors etc.

Somalia is potentially top 3 oil producer . We have more oil than Nigeria and Kuwait combined. That's onshore oil. What about offshore? but I'm estimating.

Between 110 to 300 billion barrels of oil.

Saudi have 268 billion barrels, Venezuela has 297 billion barrels. So the high end of that estimate would mean we have a higher national oil reserve then even the Saudi/Venezuela. That would make Somalia the largest oil producer on earth.:mindblown:

The low end estimate would put us above Kuwait.

I'm gonna need to see some evidence.:kanyehmm:

Saudi have 268 billion barrels, Venezuela has 297 billion barrels. So the high end of that estimate would mean we have a higher national oil reserve then even the Saudi/Venezuela. That would make Somalia the largest oil producer on earth.:mindblown:

The low end estimate would put us above Kuwait.

I'm gonna need to see some evidence.:kanyehmm:

We have the largest coastline of Africa. On shore oil is already estimated to be 110 billion barrels of oil. I don't know about offshore.

Odeg

Gedo
1612OFFspec-p03.jpg.scale.LARGE.jpg

How much is just speculations but the data shows good signs finding oil reserves in these three offshore basins.

I just hope it's a blessing instead of it becoming a curse, the other nice thing about it is that we don't have to build a long expensive pipeline, we can just load it up to the tankers and send it on it's way, it would save lots of time and money if u compare it to the routes u have to take to retrieve from Saudi Arabia and other oil countries, but again I just hope it's a blessing for us.

I just hope it's a blessing instead of it becoming a curse, the other nice thing about it is that we don't have to build a long expensive pipeline, we can just load it up to the tankers and send it on it's way, it would save lots of time and money if u compare it to the routes u have to take to retrieve from Saudi Arabia and other oil countries, but again I just hope it's a blessing for us.

It's a blessing from allah but we have to fight to keep it for ourselves instead of letting others milking it to their advantage. It would be a nightmare if we allowed our resources to become another corporation's bottom line instead of enriching ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts