Jealous friends.. how do you deal with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why I attract evilness. I feel like if it wasn’t for my level of imaan, I would probably be dead now due to evil eyes. Like a tractor would prob crash into me or something, lol.

Even before those habaryars cursed me out, I knew they would do it. They always (I kid you not) eye me and talk badly of me. So I tried to enter the masjid quietly as I was hiding behind my sisters. They still managed to spot me from across the room. fml

I don’t know why they just won’t leave me alone. I have never done anything to them, spoken with them or with their daughters. How is my life causing them any problems? I don’t get it. It’s not like these 39 year old habaryars are still on the market, so why exactly do they want to cause me harm?

Idk, but my mom also had similar experience growing up. She had no friends, cus all the girls hated on her for no reason. And I am my moms twin in literally every way. So i just try to follow her advice.

It’s sad because my mom now has 0 social life. She tries to avoid going out as much as possible. Being hated on by women her whole life kinda turned her into a broken woman. I feel for her, and I’m scared I will end up just like her.
Wow that sounds bad.Its the curse of being beutiful unfortunately.my advice is to marry quick ,have 10 kids and become overweight.You will look ugly in no time.Everyone likes fat people so ur social life will go up and hopefully ur husband won't leave u.
:samwelcome:
But seriously that's some deep shit... I will ponder on it.

SumMo

very lowkey
I have a hard time believing this story. Who has their baby pictures on them? I thought such pictures were left at your parents' home.
I didn’t carry with me a baby pic o_O I had a photo of me as a baby on my phone.. didn’t
know that was unusual.

Last edited:
So my persian friend just came back after being mia for almost a year (she told us she would take a gap year to improve her grades and go on to take another major).

She comes back with a completely different nose. o_O

Not gonna lie this got me shook, but I didn’t say anything. It was the big elephant in the room that everyone was trying to ignore, and it made everything really awkward.
:ayaanswag:

She is one of many arab, persian, kurdish, indian, friends of mine that always comments on how much they hate their noses and wants to fix it. But I never really thought they would do it tho. The worst part is she is still unhappy with it. And she is lowkey taking it out on me now.. Like, say what?
:browtf:

Just yesterday, I was sitting in the cafeteria with her and a indian friend of mine, and she kept asking me so many questions on my nose.

At one point she straight up asked me «Why is your nose so perfect?» in the middle of me explaning something. I told her «cus I’m somali I guess?». And she got pissed off and said «Well, us persians just have big noses..». Then my indian friend went on to talk about my lips, and how it’s unfair and blabla.

To avoid any further evil eyes I changed the topic, and we somehow ended up talking about our childhood. We were showing each other baby pics of ourselves at one point, and my persian friend then proceeded to zoom in on my nose as a baby. Like wtf. I actually got scared when she did that.
:browtf:

She then said «Yeah, your nose has always been small. lucky» under her breath, and went back to being depressed. Like, is she normal? wtf

So, are there any other somalis girls on here who have experienced the same level of evil eyes/jealousy from their non-somali ‘’friends’’? If so, how do you deal with it?
:faysalwtf:

I’m seriously considering cutting many of them off as friends, and befriending only somali girls from now on..

I can’t deal with the subtle shade and the lowkey jealousy. Like they never ever say ‘masha’Allah’ unless I threaten them! Only a handful of them do, and I plan on being friends with those lovely girls. The rest I will cut em off. They are not worth it, even tho they are fun to hang around with.
:hillarybiz:

Read your athkar sis :bell:

SumMo

very lowkey
Wow that sounds bad.Its the curse of being beutiful unfortunately.my advice is to marry quick ,have 10 kids and become overweight.You will look ugly in no time.Everyone likes fat people so ur social life will go up and hopefully ur husband won't leave u.
But seriously that's some deep shit... I will ponder on it.
Your advice is to become overweight? How is messing up your health and body the way to deal with anything..?
I sure hope there is another way.
If one good thing came out of it, it’s that my relationship with Allah(swt) is strong as a result of it. So alx

Haha subliminally dismissing OP’s belief of the evil eye. You are unscrupulous. Yes it is you :)
Nah evil eye is real as well as curses.One time my mum told me to do the dishes and clean my bedroom for the 10th time that morning.However i was in a rush to play a game of Bball with my neighbour.I ran outside to the sounds of my mother saying something about my arms / hands.As I was running outside my I came in contact with a big ass dog.Like the Somali I am , I shit myself and sprinted back towards home.(shamefully a few yelps for hoyo escaped me ).Long story short I tripped and grazed my arm to flesh.Still have a massive scar across my arm.
:ileycry:

Your advice is to become overweight? How is messing up your health and body the way to deal with anything..?
I sure hope there is another way.
If one good thing came out of it, it’s that my relationship with Allah(swt) is strong as a result of it. So alx
Ye my advice is to watch ur anorexic ass.
Especially for acid attacks, if what u say is true then I think u should hang around other people.Dont hang around people who are ugly.So that negates most Somali friends. hang out with beutiful people (like me for instance).

Nah evil eye is real as well as curses.One time my mum told me to do the dishes and clean my bedroom for the 10th time that morning.However i was in a rush to play a game of Bball with my neighbour.I ran outside to the sounds of my mother saying something about my arms / hands.As I was running outside my I came in contact with a big ass dog.Like the Somali I am , I shit myself and sprinted back towards home.(shamefully a few yelps for hoyo escaped me ).Long story short I tripped and grazed my arm to flesh.Still have a massive scar across my arm.
:ileycry:
That’s sad. You’ve gained a lesson about disobedience however, and a scar.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I think someone did evil eye on me too huuno.
:yloezpe::yloezpe:
My calool is huge, it's deffo evil eye.Any advice
:frdfvsb:
I've seen this in somali males very often they have stick bodies with a pregnant looking belly. Brother that's most likely due to excess consumption of tea coffee and biscuit not evil eye.
Lay off it brother and do some sit ups.
NeedyVengefulKingfisher-max-1mb.gif

SumMo

very lowkey
Ye my advice is to watch ur anorexic ass.
Especially for acid attacks, if what u say is true then I think u should hang around other people.Dont hang around people who are ugly.So that negates most Somali friends. hang out with beutiful people (like me for instance).
Eeh, none of my friends are ugly. Most of my friends would be classified as ‘pretty’ or ‘above average’, but they are still bitter and hateful.(except few of them, which I consider to be my true friends :rolleyes:).

And I have never heard of acid attacks where I live, wtf. Don’t make me more scared than I already am.
:birdman:

Even tho my social circle is pretty big, I keep a low profile. I don’t engage much with them outside of uni.. I go to uni, and then I go home. That’s pretty much how my day to day life is.

I try and follow my moms advice, which is to distance myself from those friends as much as possible. Only stay with them when it’s necessary, and don’t get attached to them. Always read your quraan on your way to school and on your way home. Whenever you feel like they are being hateful, just leave and read your dua you have written down in your yellow notebook. Also avoid men at all costs, as they will just bring you more issues.. etc. I do all of these things.

But I’m scared I will end up completely friendless like my mom. She isolates herself and have deep trust issues. That just sounds like a sad life to lead. Or maybe she is protecting me from ending up like her? I don’t know. This shit makes me depressed wallahi..

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
No sister you're 100% about the weird somali nose and skin comments mainly girls get wallahi that's why I'm only friends in real life with somalis. ( I'm friends online wth ajnabi girls just for future connections but I don't speak to them in real life).
There was these two Paki fiends of mine always saying why is your skin so smooth and clear because they use alot of products I told the truth and said I don't do anything I guess somalis have good genes. A few days after i had a big spot develop on my nose. I learnt to lie the next time someone asks and say I use what not. My other somali friend who just started her work and was telling us about how her cadaan workers always talked about her skin and her nice eyes. she randomly got a really bad skin she never had and her eyes so swollen she could barely open it when we saw, we said its deffo evil eye read quran and stuff and then alhamdulliah it got better. Evil eye is real guys thats why I don't post my face or events that happen online.

The Treatment of the Evil Eye

There are categories of treatment for those afflicted with the evil eye.

The first category: Treatments before the evil eye occurs:

There are many types, which is as follows:

* Protect yourself and those whom you fear for from it with remembrances, supplications and seeking refuge that is in accordance with the Qur’an and Sunnah, as is mentioned in the first category for the treatment of magic.

* supplicate for whom you fear might be afflicted with it (if you see something within yourself, your wealth, your son, your brother or anything that amazes you) with blessing. From the statement of the Prophet (saws)

” If anyone says from his brother what amazes him, let him supplicate for him with blessings: This is what Allah wills, there is no strength except with Allah, O Allah bless him with it. ”

* Guard anything or anyone that is attractive and may be a recipient of the evil eye. This means:

1) When a person has a beautiful family he should guard them by seeking protection from Allah for them, teaching and commanding them to do so, and also by dressing them properly not to expose their bodies or beauty so as not to be envied and affected by the evil eye. The Prophet (saws) used to seek protection for Hassan and Hussein by saying:

” I seek refuge for both of you in the perfect words of Allah and from every satan, vermin, and from every evil eye.”

2) If someone has wealth, he should guard it by asking Allah to bless and protect it and be thankful to Allah.

3) If someone has good news and he knows people will envy him because of it, he should guard it by keeping it secret.

NOTE: If you know a person is famous for being envious and is known to affect people with the evil eye, it is important to keep away from him.he Second Category: Treatments after the affliction of the evil eye:

1) If the person who causes the evil eye is known, command him to make ablution (wudu) and then the afflicted person should shower with the water form the ablution. (sunan abu Dawud 419).

Bisinka are you female?

@SumMo just read your athkaar and do you. Ditch them girls who are being low key fake after you’ve got that job. Evil eye is real waa ruunta, laakin our lives do not revolve around it. Just live your life and remember that everything is Qadr Allaah.

Bisinka are you female?

@SumMo just read your athkaar and do you. Ditch them girls who are being low key fake after you’ve got that job. Evil eye is real waa ruunta, laakin our lives do not revolve around it. Just live your life and remember that everything is Qadr Allaah.
Good thing we are ugly and we don't face that problem huuno.
:icon lol::icon lol:

Eeh, none of my friends are ugly. Most of my friends would be classified as ‘pretty’ or ‘above average’, but they are still bitter and hateful.(except few of them, which I consider to be my true friends :rolleyes:).

And I have never heard of acid attacks where I live, wtf. Don’t make me more scared than I already am.
:birdman:

Even tho my social circle is pretty big, I keep a low profile. I don’t engage much with them outside of uni.. I go to uni, and then I go home. That’s pretty much how my day to day life is.

I try and follow my moms advice, which is to distance myself from those friends as much as possible. Only stay with them when it’s necessary, and don’t get attached to them. Always read your quraan on your way to school and on your way home. Whenever you feel like they are being hateful, just leave and read your dua you have written down in your yellow notebook. Also avoid men at all costs, as they will just bring you more issues.. etc. I do all of these things.

But I’m scared I will end up completely friendless like my mom. She isolates herself and have deep trust issues. That just sounds like a sad life to lead. Or maybe she is protecting me from ending up like her? I don’t know. This shit makes me depressed wallahi..
Abaayo no need to worry so much
You have taken the measure the rest is left to Allah
Sorry for the state of your mother. I have many similar close people, people that are paranoid to the point that they do not drink and eat at other people’s homes. When I was younger their crazy emphasis on evil eye made me not believing it. Trust issues and concern about the evil eye are two different things. If you are not so naïve then no need to worry about trusting people as you would be able to tell if someone is dishonest.

SumMo

very lowkey
Bisinka are you female?

Amiin sis! Illahi khair ha ku siyo, thats some good advice.:it0tdo8:

SumMo

very lowkey
Abaayo no need to worry so much
You have taken the measure the rest is left to Allah
Sorry for the state of your mother. I have many similar close people, people that are paranoid to the point that they do not drink and eat at other people’s homes. When I was younger their crazy emphasis on evil eye made me not believing it. Trust issues and concern about the evil eye are two different things. If you are not so naïve then no need to worry about trusting people as you would be able to tell if someone is dishonest.
Amiin abaayo.:it0tdo8:
Wallahi the whole thing is just so sad. I pray for her everyday. I just don’t hope it affects me like it did her.

Broken people tend to raise broken people. I just hope I can come out of it unharmed. idk :oops: My relationship with Allah(swt) is good, alhamdullilah. The only thing keeping me together.

Status
Not open for further replies.